Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
Henry
Hall of Fame

Universal Baseball Association, REIMAGINED

coming soon !
Attached Images
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
Henry
Hall of Fame

Welcome to the

UBA, REIMAGINED

Year 1 - January through Mid-May.

As soon as I get OOTP19 on Thursday, I will transfer the league and start with Opening Day.

PS: I will be reporting the UBA2 in PDF file format. If the newspaper format is too wide for your screen, use the Zoom feature on your PDF reader to shrink it down.

Henry

Last edited by Henry; 03-20-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Marvelously done, Henry.

Thanks for sharing.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #4
gskweres9
Major Leagues

How do you get this newspaper background? Adds a lot to the story
gskweres9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #5
Henry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskweres9 View Post
How do you get this newspaper background? Adds a lot to the story
A sepia toned background in Word. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #6
Henry
Hall of Fame

The Lusty Month of May is in the books!

Read about the UBA REIMAGINED first 16 games of a 98 game season, and other details...

UBA, REIMAGINED - May Year I

Enjoy!
Henry
Old 03-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #7
Henry
Hall of Fame

Just a note that I haven't forgotten the UBA, REIMAGINED.

Beside my involvement in a a couple stage plays at the local theater, life has a way, sometimes (ok, USUALLY) of throwing curve balls at you.

In addition, I've decided to report entire seasons at a time for the first 56 years (by month however) so I can publish fewer times but have more material when I do. I think this will also make the league easier to follow absorbing everything in "season" pieces.

In addition, once I approach year 57 I'm thinking I will actually introduce the active players mentioned in the book which will give us a chance, for example, to see Damon Rutherford's career develop instead of getting killed by a beanball in the book. Pappy Rooney will even manage the Haymakers. This would also be a good time to slow down the reporting and provide more detail. Since the season (98 games, May 15th through September 1st) is only 3.5 months long... maybe 2 week reports during the season and quarterly reports off-season would make the most sense. That would result in 10 posts to get through a game year.

Let me know what you think.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:18 AM   #8
Tyke
All Star Starter

Sounds like a sensible approach, Henry. And, as you say, it will be interesting to see how Damon moves forward if he doesn't get killed!
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:03 PM   #9
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Your game, your way, you are doing all the work we are just along for the enjoyable ride. Whatever makes sense to you will work for me and the vast majority of your dynasty followers.
I really like the newspaper style.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:44 PM   #10
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Your game, your way, you are doing all the work we are just along for the enjoyable ride. Whatever makes sense to you will work for me and the vast majority of your dynasty followers.
I really like the newspaper style.

What he said...

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #11
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Just a note that I haven't forgotten the UBA, REIMAGINED.

Beside my involvement in a a couple stage plays at the local theater, life has a way, sometimes (ok, USUALLY) of throwing curve balls at you.

In addition, I've decided to report entire seasons at a time for the first 56 years (by month however) so I can publish fewer times but have more material when I do. I think this will also make the league easier to follow absorbing everything in "season" pieces.

In addition, once I approach year 57 I'm thinking I will actually introduce the active players mentioned in the book which will give us a chance, for example, to see Damon Rutherford's career develop instead of getting killed by a beanball in the book. Pappy Rooney will even manage the Haymakers. This would also be a good time to slow down the reporting and provide more detail. Since the season (98 games, May 15th through September 1st) is only 3.5 months long... maybe 2 week reports during the season and quarterly reports off-season would make the most sense. That would result in 10 posts to get through a game year.

Let me know what you think.
Awesome work Henry!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
Henry
Hall of Fame

Update

Ok, decided to report each year in two parts; Jan through June, and July through December.

I originally tried to do the whole season in one PDF file, but it turned out to be too unwieldy.

Here's the first half of Season 1 for your review

UBA2 Year 1a
Old 04-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #13
Henry
Hall of Fame

Update

Here is the second half of the UBA2's first Season.

UBA2 Year 1b

Enjoy,
Henry
Old 04-09-2018, 10:20 PM   #14
Henry
Hall of Fame

Update

Here is the first half of the UBA2's second Season.

UBA2 Year 2a

There are a few format changes between the "May" and "June" columns. Still testing what format remains informative, looks good, and is easy to reproduce.

Henry
Old 04-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #15
Henry
Hall of Fame

Update

Here is the second half of the UBA2's second Season.

UBA2 Year 2b

Henry
Old 04-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #16
Henry
Hall of Fame

UPDATE - Year 3 - January through May

Here is the first half of the UBA2's third Season.

UBA2 Year 3a

Henry
Old 05-09-2018, 01:05 PM   #17
Henry
Hall of Fame

Update

I know it's been a while since I posted on this league, but as most of you know, life seems to ALWAYS get in the way. I have had responsibilities at our local theater designing and building a stage set, and then we had an unexpected death in the family. Although we're still a bit disoriented, things are starting to return to something called normal.

That said, I was somewhat rethinking the UBA Reimagend, only because the detailed newspaper accounts I was assembling took so much time. Add to that I wanted to build a 50 year history before I actually took over a team, and I was honestly looking a couple years of history building before I would even get to running a team.

So... what I decided to do is speed up the history creation process, but still have some kind of documentation that those interested can follow along; get familiar with the team dynasties, and the notable players - getting everything ready for when I take over a team in 1951, and start reporting the season(s) in detail.

Attached is a report for the years 1901 - 1910. Each season consists of a one page summary that points out the highlights of the season. Again, I've formatted the document in a format that suggests some "age", just to help define that this is a history rather than current news.

I've actually played out all 50 years (1901-1950) so my time will now be spent assembling 4 more "decade reports". I will publish each as they are completed - then turn my attention to which team I will take over, and restart my detailed documentation of the league's future.

I hope you enjoy it, Henry

UBA Reimagined Decade One

Last edited by Henry; 05-09-2018 at 01:12 PM.