Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:49 PM   #1
da commish
All Star Reserve

International complex players promoted early

We just entered spring training of our online league and all my 18 and 19 year-old players in my international complex were automatically promoted to my DSL Rookie team. This happened to others in the league, too. We are on the latest patch. Is this a bug that was introduced in the latest patch?
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
da commish
All Star Reserve

It happened again in another online league. This time they were all promoted when the IAFAs were announced. This needs attention now!!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

I am in the first league mentioned and can confirm it happened to everyone on the first day of Spring Training.

I am also the commissioner of the other league, and can report that it happened to our league on the day we reveal International Amateur Free Agents (customized to happen in December). Everyone 18 & 19 was promoted to the lowest R ball level.

Last edited by geoffmatt17; 08-09-2017 at 09:48 AM.
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Matt figured out what's going on here.

We're already planning to release another patch since a couple other things came up, so we'll include the fix for this in that patch

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
da commish
All Star Reserve

Thanks. I don't suppose there is any way this patch will include a way to get those players back into the international complex.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
Thanks. I don't suppose there is any way this patch will include a way to get those players back into the international complex.
I wouldn't think so.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #7
da commish
All Star Reserve

Yeah, I didn't think so. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #8
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

This is still happening in my fictional league using version 18.8.76. AI teams promote their International Complex players at age 18 or 19, while my team's players are automatically promoted at age 20.
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltJays View Post
This is still happening in my fictional league using version 18.8.76. AI teams promote their International Complex players at age 18 or 19, while my team's players are automatically promoted at age 20.
I don't think that's a problem though, that's probably WAD. The original issue was that the human user's players were getting promoted early. On ai teams though, there's no need to wait till the players turn 20 before having them promoted. The ai will promote them when it wants/needs to.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #10
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
On ai teams though, there's no need to wait till the players turn 20 before having them promoted. The ai will promote them when it wants/needs to.
This isn't what's happening. As far as I can tell, AI teams never wait until a player turns 20 to promote him. Players are always 19 or younger when promoted from the International Complex. These appear to be automatic promotions as they occur on the same date for both AI and human teams, but players on AI teams are automatically promoted a year earlier than on human teams.

I looked back at the players who the AI teams promoted from their complexes during the January wave of promotions (which sparked my earlier post). About half of those players were released within six months without ever playing a game and before turning 20. During the June promotions, some players were released on the same day they were promoted. These promotions don't appear to be based on whether a player is ready -- they're based on whether a player has turned 19 since the last wave of promotions. This puts AI teams at an obvious disadvantage relative to human teams, as they lose a year of development time and wind up releasing players prematurely.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, as I can't imagine that AI teams automatically promoting international players a year earlier than human teams is by design. AI teams do appear to promote advanced players from their complexes early on occasion, but this is a different situation from the issue I'm describing.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #11
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

As another follow-up to this, it's clear that the AI is promoting its International Complex players at 19. I have my amateur draft date set for June 1 and my International FA date for January 12. International Complex players are promoted on both of those dates, and there are no other dates from June to January that those players are automatically promoted on (I don't know whether the AI promotes individual players on other dates during that span -- I'm looking at only batch promotions).

In my current season, my January 12 promotions just took place. I looked at every player AI teams promoted from their International Complexes, and with the exception of a couple of 18 year olds, every player AI teams promoted had turned 19 since June 1 of the previous year. There was only one 19 year old left in AI's International Complexes, and he had turned 19 on January 12 (the date of the promotions). By comparison, the players from my team who were automatically promoted had all turned 20 since June 1. It's clear that the AI's motivation for promoting these players was that they had all turned 19 since the last wave of promotions.

Readiness for promotion is not a factor. As an example, these are the ratings from one of the players who was just promoted by an AI team. The first screen shows his ratings by my scout (the OSA ratings are similarly awful), and the second screen shows his actual ratings from the Editor screen. Does this player look ready for promotion?
Attached Images
Image Image