Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-08-2015, 04:31 AM   #1
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Fantasy/inaugural draft using NHL/AHL/ECHL teams??

Hey all,

Just curious if there is a way to have an inaugural/fantasy draft putting all players from the top 3 leagues into the draft (kinda like you can do in OOTP)?? That is how I prefer to play the game, using real NHL/AHL/ECHL teams with but fantasy like rosters. How do I go about doing that in FHM2?? I haven't found the right screen for it yet. Thanks in advance!!
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

No, this is not possible currently in fhm2.

I'm working on a QuickStart for fictional mode with real NHL, ahl teams and fictional players but still working on it.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-08-2015 at 01:08 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #3
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
No, this is not possible currently in fhm2.
Thanks for the response Dave, might we be able to do this in the future at some point. Maybe with an update?? That would be very nice since I know that's how I normally play OOTP, I'd like to do the same with FHM2. Just curious is all, thanks again.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

The first number of patches are with bug fixing as the top priority. Beyond that I cannot say as I don't know. Guess part of it comes to the demand and then how much work would be involved in adding it. what I can say is the development team listens to everyone's input and suggestions to a great degree.

Just to clarify, you want the European leagues and all the others running with fictional players as well or simply the three you mentioned? once clarified I will create a feature request for you.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:51 AM   #5
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
The first number of patches are with bug fixing as the top priority. Beyond that I cannot say as I don't know. Guess part of it comes to the demand and then how much work would be involved in adding it. what I can say is the development team listens to everyone's input and suggestions to a great degree.

Just to clarify, you want the European leagues and all the others running with fictional players as well or simply the three you mentioned? once clarified I will create a feature request for you.
Actually no, I don't want fictional players at all. I want the ability to have a fantasy draft/inaugural draft just like we can in OOTP to form our own teams/organizations but with real NHL/AHL/ECHL teams. Like for example, having players like Henrik Lundqvist on another team other than the Rangers, Steven Stamkos somewhere other than Tampa Bay, Alex Ovechkin on a different team than the Capitals, Zdeno Chara somewhere other than on the Bruins, and so on and so forth. That's what I'm looking for, not fictional players at all. Real players on different teams, kinda like a "what if" scenario with our own hockey world that's an alternate to real life. Know what I mean man??

I was hoping this was a possibility with FHM2. I play OOTP like that all the time and was hoping to do the same with FHM2. Think it can be done?? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:29 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Might be a possibility, but there would be some issues with figuring out who exactly is selectable in the draft, and what to do with guys whose NHL rights are owned but aren't signed at the moment, e.g. do the college and European juniors go into the draft, or do they become free agents?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #7
Fjohürs Lykkewe
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Might be a possibility, but there would be some issues with figuring out who exactly is selectable in the draft, and what to do with guys whose NHL rights are owned but aren't signed at the moment, e.g. do the college and European juniors go into the draft, or do they become free agents?

How about just a simple NHL fantasy draft with NHL players? Could that be included in an update?
Fjohürs Lykkewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:48 AM   #8
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfan616 View Post
Actually no, I don't want fictional players at all. I want the ability to have a fantasy draft/inaugural draft just like we can in OOTP to form our own teams/organizations but with real NHL/AHL/ECHL teams. Like for example, having players like Henrik Lundqvist on another team other than the Rangers, Steven Stamkos somewhere other than Tampa Bay, Alex Ovechkin on a different team than the Capitals, Zdeno Chara somewhere other than on the Bruins, and so on and so forth. That's what I'm looking for, not fictional players at all. Real players on different teams, kinda like a "what if" scenario with our own hockey world that's an alternate to real life. Know what I mean man??

I was hoping this was a possibility with FHM2. I play OOTP like that all the time and was hoping to do the same with FHM2. Think it can be done?? Thanks in advance.

Just take the NHL/AHL/ECHL and turn them into Fictional Leagues. Play in commish mode. As long as player editing works properly,anything is possible. Example:Take 10 players off each team and put them on other teams.

You could do a fantasy draft on paper. It might be alittle too time consuming moving every player but a hand full of players off each team would work while later you could move more players.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-09-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #9
tward13
All Star Starter

I would think most people would prefer a non-manual process to some of this.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #10
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
I would think most people would prefer a non-manual process to some of this.
This would be an option because a draft isn't available at the present time.

Doing 30 teams(moving players) might be too time consuming for most so maybe smaller leagues would be an option. I have already held drafts for two leagues(much smaller leagues) but haven't had the time too put the leagues together.

For me my priorities would be:
a.) schedule editor
b.) more expansion
c.)fantasy draft

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-09-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #11
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
This would be an option because a draft isn't available at the present time.

Doing 30 teams(moving players) might be too time consuming for most so maybe smaller leagues would be an option. I have already held drafts for two leagues(much smaller leagues) but haven't had the time too put the leagues together.

For me my priorities would be:
a.) schedule editor
b.) more expansion
c.)fantasy draft
Part b here would be great. Adding AHL, (maybe Jr) expansion to custom leagues would be great.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #12
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah, I don't want to have to do it manually since that would take up way too much time. So a fantasy draft option is what I would prefer, a way to edit the schedule would be nice too since you brought that up Orioles. Maybe in a later patch that could be something they include.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #13
Alyfox
Bat Boy

This is already possible using the Historical Leagues, so it baffles me (and frustrates me) that its not available for the 2015/2016 setting.

To be clear, a full league fantasy draft of real NHL players and real NHL teams. Nothing fictional
Alyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:44 AM   #14
Pilsette
Bat Boy

Fantasy Draft is on my wish list on #1!

But is it possible do release all players/clear all rosters and start with free agency? Already in FHM2 oder later?
Pilsette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #15
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsette View Post
Fantasy Draft is on my wish list on #1!

But is it possible do release all players/clear all rosters and start with free agency? Already in FHM2 oder later?

We added via one of the last patches in the ability to do a Fantasy Draft in FHM2.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:03 AM   #16
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I think I need to clarify something here:

We added the possibility of a ini-draft via an update to FHM 2 but "only" in historical and fictional mode. There is also an option to start a "fictional" game with the original NHL + (optional) AHL + (optional) WHL/OHL/QMJHL leagues and player, so that way you can setup an ini-draft with original teams/players if you want.

Hope that helps.