Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
jdrnym
Bat Boy

No Foreigners

I am in the process of creating a World Baseball League, with 60 teams each representing a country playing against teams in that region of the globe. What I am struggling with is making it so that only players from that country can play for the team (Canadians on the team from Vancouver only, etc.). I think I accomplished this in part by going to Foreign Players on Active Roster Limit -> No Foreigners Allowed (that should work right?).

If I add an amateur draft, I'd assume that Americans could be drafted by the Chinese team, for example. How can I make it so that when new players come into the league, they can only play for the team in their country?
jdrnym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrnym View Post
I am in the process of creating a World Baseball League, with 60 teams each representing a country playing against teams in that region of the globe. What I am struggling with is making it so that only players from that country can play for the team (Canadians on the team from Vancouver only, etc.). I think I accomplished this in part by going to Foreign Players on Active Roster Limit -> No Foreigners Allowed (that should work right?).

If I add an amateur draft, I'd assume that Americans could be drafted by the Chinese team, for example. How can I make it so that when new players come into the league, they can only play for the team in their country?
Base it on Team Nationality but you will have to manually draft to my knowledge. Never got that far. I am doing a WBC league but with the best players from each country throughout history.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
jdrnym
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Base it on Team Nationality but you will have to manually draft to my knowledge. Never got that far. I am doing a WBC league but with the best players from each country throughout history.

Can I manually draft but only control one team during the season?
jdrnym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrnym View Post
Can I manually draft but only control one team during the season?
Yes. Also maybe try having the AI draft a few players themselves and see if they draft players from their own country. My only thought is that there will not be enough players from each country for them to draft from.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
CaptainObvious
Minors (Double A)

Is it only 1 team per country? If so, just disable the draft so teams can pick up the players as free agents (assuming they still get generated?). Teams won't sign free agents that are illegal to have on their rosters. (If more than one team in a country, ignore this.)

You'll probably want to adjust the Player Origins and Amateur Draft Pool Origin settings to make the number of players per country work out. And if you're short, you can always generate free agents (scrubs) from specific countries.

Probably might also want to disable Generate International Free Agents.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #6
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes. Also maybe try having the AI draft a few players themselves and see if they draft players from their own country. My only thought is that there will not be enough players from each country for them to draft from.
I've solved this in my feeder league by simply generating more of that nation from the free agents menu and having them enter the draft pool before the draft.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
That sounds like a really interesting game. Can you share it?
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote