Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Interesting Storyline

This happened in one of my fictional leagues last season.

Quote:
1/13/2013 -Byrd in Serious Condition After Lawnmower Accident: Texans catcher Richard Byrdis in serious condition today at a local hospital after accidentally severingthree fingers on his left hand. The incident took place this morning as he was mowing grass at his home. Apparently, Byrd was attempting to clear debris fromunderneath the mower when his fingers got caught by the blade. According to ahospital spokesman, parts of his left index, middle, and ring finger weresevered. However, both the index and middle finger were successfully re-attachedduring surgery. A more immediate concern had been the loss of blood, due to theamount of time it took Byrd to reach the hospital, but his condition hasreportedly now stabilized.

Quote:
1/14/2013 -Byrd Improving After Accident, Doctors Unable to Save Finger: Texans catcherRichard Byrd is recovering after surgery that successfully re-attached twofingers that were severed in a lawnmower accident yesterday. Unfortunately,surgeons were unable to save part of a third finger. "The ring finger hadto be amputated above the knuckle," said team doctor Arlen Carlton, whohas maintained contact with attending surgeons. According to Carlton, Byrd hadlost a significant amount of blood before reaching the emergency room."Richard explained to us that he was already feeling lightheaded by thetime he made it inside his house. His wife then drove him to the hospital,which is 20 miles away." Carlton said quick thinking by Byrd's wife mayhave saved his life. "Luckily, she had been trained as an EMT, so she knewexactly what to do." It's still too early to know how the injury willimpact Byrd's playing career, however. "Assuming there aren't anycomplications with the re-attached fingers, he still has a good deal of rehabahead of him. Then he'll have to learn
to use his glove with part of a finger missing. That will take some time."Having been upgraded to fair condition, Byrd is reportedly in good spirits andis eager to return home. "If all goes well, Richard could be released asearly as next week," said Carlton.

Quote:
1/21/2013 - ByrdReleased from Hospital, Will Attempt Comeback After Losing Finger: Texanscatcher Richard Byrd was released from the hospital today, a week after alawnmower accident that claimed part of a finger and required two other fingersto be surgically re-attached. "My fingers still hurt like thedickens," said Byrd. "The doctors told me there'd be quite a bit ofpain as the nerves heal. But other than that, I'm feeling great." Alengthy rehabilitation now awaits Byrd as he has to re-learn to use his lefthand without half of his ring finger. "There have been plenty of greatplayers who were missing fingers," said Byrd. "Of course, it's harderwhen you have to teach yourself to do something you take for granted all overagain. It's okay, though. I'm up to the challenge."

He did come back and play, returning in mid July. He saw very limited action at AAA. Potential/Talent are 22/22 so he's not looking at a big league career anyway, but I thought it was cool that he actually came back and played from that injury.

Oh ya, he does have low intelligence - I mean sticking your hand under a running lawn mower?

_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

That is a cool story, Love it
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Ike348
All Star Starter

The real question is why he is mowing his lawn in January.

Nice story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Richard "four fingers" Byrdis

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
The real question is why he is mowing his lawn in January.

Nice story!
Well, maybe he lives in a warm place during the off season On his salary he probably can't afford a gardener either
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #6
Lazy Horse
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Reminded me a little of Bobby Ojeda.
Lazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Well, maybe he lives in a warm place during the off season On his salary he probably can't afford a gardener either
Or maybe he's too lazy or smart to rake leaves(I speak from experience ).
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote