Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Question Last PATCH still coming before FHM 2015 ?

Is that last engine patch still coming for the first version of the game, before version 2015 is released ? I don't seem to hear about it anymore on here...

Thanks !
boss1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1968 View Post
Is that last engine patch still coming for the first version of the game, before version 2015 is released ? I don't seem to hear about it anymore on here...

Thanks !
My guess is that they'll release it when they release the match engine information for FHM 2015. I think they'll use the same engine for both games. But again it's just a wild guess based an assumptions.
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsquasher View Post
My guess is that they'll release it when they release the match engine information for FHM 2015. I think they'll use the same engine for both games. But again it's just a wild guess based an assumptions.
they have indicated the work they do specifically on the match engine for FHM 2015 will be used for the patch for FHM 14. However, anything anyone says now in terms of the order of a release is merely a guess as that information has not been shared yet. I would predict that the devs are in no place to say quite yet.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The 2014 patch will be released before 2015 version. But we want to make sure that a) people who don't want to buy the new version still get the new match engine and b) people who wait for the new version don't have to wait until Summer 2016.

Again, promising the match engine patch for 2014 was (hopefully) the last time we made such a mistake. In the future (and I guess you already can see it) we will be much more careful with any kind of promises.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
The 2014 patch will be released before 2015 version. But we want to make sure that a) people who don't want to buy the new version still get the new match engine and b) people who wait for the new version don't have to wait until Summer 2016.

Again, promising the match engine patch for 2014 was (hopefully) the last time we made such a mistake. In the future (and I guess you already can see it) we will be much more careful with any kind of promises.
will there be any sort of prospect ranking like the CSS rankings?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

I remember asking the question on the prospect rankings in another post and I believe the answer was that they would be looking into adding that into the update.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Maybe I miss the point but what would a ranking like this tell me that is not covered by scouting and potential rating?
Old 11-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #8
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

It was a neat feature in EHM. Where it would give what the Central Scouting thought the rankings are and it played a little into draft strategy at least for me. If a guy was ranked like 100 by the Central Scouting and I had him rated highly, I may not take him in the top 5 but maybe take in the 2nd round. Just another piece to gauge on expectations persay.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Maybe I miss the point but what would a ranking like this tell me that is not covered by scouting and potential rating?
As the previous poster says it will let the player know how the draftees are rated by the hockey world at large (read: the competing GMs) and as such it will influence your draft strategy.

If there is a player that my scouts rate very highly but flies below the radar for everyone else then I won't use my first round pick for him or I might trade that pick down and get extra picks.

Information about how my competitors see (and evaluate) players is extremely important for any GM and EHM tried to emulate this by these ratings. That approach worked, sort of, but isn't enough to emulate real life, more is needed.

IRL there's loads of information to be had about what competing GMs might go for in the draft. Any GM-simulator needs to get this as right as it's possible.

Ivan

PS. I'm frankly surprised that you even had to ask about this. The biggest problem this game has had has been the lack of understanding of what a Major Hockey League GM actually does IRL.

Last edited by IvanIvanovich; 11-19-2014 at 01:19 PM.
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:19 AM   #10
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Sometimes a user can use it as a guideline but moreso you are right, a real GM would listen to their own scouts. Moreso it's fun comparing your ranking list and who you select (and may have ranked high) to those of the general public views. Also the CSS is funded by the NHL officially so it would make sense to have in the game to help with immersion.

CSS rankings also might make the game more fun being a GM in europe or major junior where you can follow his rankings and predict how high he might go in the draft.

Then ideally in the draft if you're an NHL GM you would have the ability/overall rankings (which is your scouts options) and also have the CSS rankings beside it for a quick reference to use to help predict where other teams might take them.

Personally, I see many pluses for it if it's added correctly. Remember, CSS Rankings are not entirely accurate to the opinions of most GMs which makes it fun.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
Benoit256
Bat Boy

I bought FHM 14 and have been waiting for the match engine patch. I'm optimistic that the play will be much more entertaining. In the play by play would like to see fighting, hits, instigators, etc.
Benoit256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #12
Rooney
Bat Boy

Quote:
It is very nice to have. It made the NHL draft in EHM feel more realistic, it would be nice if you added it to the game.

Last edited by Rooney; 11-22-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #13
Jaurxe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
It is very nice to have. It made the NHL draft in EHM feel more realistic, it would be nice if you added it to the game.
I agree, I also think it's a good mechanic.
Jaurxe is offline   Reply With Quote