Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
howeandhowe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sending Players Down

Hi,

Everytime I send a player to the minors, no matter the time of year, they always get mad. Is there anyway to avoid this?

Thanks!
howeandhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Move the minor league team to Hawaii.

In the dressing room only allow Iron Butterfly's song-Are You Happy- too be played.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-26-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
tictacktoe5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As far as I know, there isn't a way around it.
tictacktoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
BradC
All Star Starter

In OOTP, players almost always get mad when you send them to the minors, so I'd imagine the same thinking is applied here: If you're a player in the big time, playing at the top of your sport, and then you're sent to the minors, you're going to be mad, even if it's for a completely justified reason (someone comes back from injury, or your performance just isn't up to par).
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #5
AaronV
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
In OOTP, players almost always get mad when you send them to the minors, so I'd imagine the same thinking is applied here: If you're a player in the big time, playing at the top of your sport, and then you're sent to the minors, you're going to be mad, even if it's for a completely justified reason (someone comes back from injury, or your performance just isn't up to par).
I must disagree, alot of them expect it, yes they dont want to go down but they do and most will work to get better. The problem is they all get mad including the 19yo that i just signed that have just left juniors, they stay mad alot of times the whole season. This is one issue i have with the game and its out of wack and needs adjustment.

Last edited by AaronV; 09-26-2014 at 10:11 PM.
AaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I thought that FHM was supposed to imitate what happens IRL in the NHL not what happens in a fictional representation of a totally different sport...

This is exactly the same as players getting pissed off when getting a qualifying offer, and that is something that has never occurred in the entire history of the NHL.

Last edited by IvanIvanovich; 09-27-2014 at 04:47 AM.
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I disagree as well. Most young hockey players are pretty classy and realize that they have to usually pay their dues in the minors. I think it's fair to say they are disappointed when they get sent down, but not angry. Now a veteran who clears waivers and finds himself "riding the bus" might be mad and not give you his best every night.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanIvanovich View Post
I thought that FHM was supposed to imitate what happens IRL in the NHL not what happens in a fictional representation of a totally different sport...

This is exactly the same as players getting pissed off when getting a qualifying offer, and that is something that has never occurred in the entire history of the NHL.
I'll probably get slammed for this ... but this is what you get when a developer lacks a fundamental understanding of the professional sport in North America. Crazy notions ('they should be upset for getting sent down' ... sure, if they've been playing top 6 minutes for the last 2 years). Broken mechanics (watch everyone but your goon get in fights), non-intuitive GUI that most hard core hockey fans find confusing/frustrating (I have to go to Roster and change a drop down to see stats ... umm why not a button that just shows me that?).

I mean, the game has been out for over a year ... and you still can't unselect "retire player in historical year". There's still no way easy way other than your mailbox to look at the draft list pre-draft. And the worst design decision of them all, no way to hire a head coach .... just boggles the mind.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #9
BradC
All Star Starter

Sorry, I spoke without asking Jeff or Sebastian first. I honestly just figured it was a similar dynamic, but if I'm wrong about my assumption, that's on me and has no reflection on the developers.

I'll ask Jeff and chime in again here.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:55 AM   #10
madball
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Broken mechanics (watch everyone but your goon get in fights).
Of everything that's annoying/nuisance/broken in the game, this is sadly probably the one that pisses me off most, haha
madball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
BradC
All Star Starter

I asked Jeff, and he said this is something they will be looking at, but there's no timetable on how or when this might be changed. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #12
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

For veteran players being sent to the minors is a very bad thing for them and they'd be furious. For rookies and young players, most of them don't expect to make the team or are on the outside looking in. They probably would be dissapointed at most not to make the team. But I think their mood changes once they actually make the team in game so I don't think it's a problem because who cares about the minors? But yeah seeing all those anrgy faces on your reserve or minors roster isn't too pleasing. I have no problem whatsoever with it. I care about my NHL team first. But what you say is both right,BradC Was talking about veteran players so he wasn't wrong ablout that, the rest of you guys are talking about young players and you're right about that too. EIther way not making the big club is a dissapointing so I expect a sad face for the youngsters and a furious for veterans who are demoted.
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #13
stephen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You have two teams you can send players two. For example, in Calgary its an AHL and a ECHL team. If you send them to the ECHL team they will get really mad but if you then promote them to the AHL team they are happy again.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Today we also see young Russians who are sent down to the minors who get quite upset. They might play 1 year in the minors but the second year of their contract if they are still in the minors we have seen many go back to Russia for a couple years. They'd rather play in their home country with higher pay than be in the minors in North America.

I agree players have different expectations. Younger players should have no issue playing in the AHL until a certain age. At the other end if you do have a player on your team play a full season or two on the NHL squad, sending him down he could very well be upset.

Yes, this aspect definitely needs work in FHM

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-21-2014 at 02:06 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote