Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 08-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
jwterps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Summer League?

I just got back from a month long excursion to the Cape and followed several teams in the Cape Cod Baseball League over that time. Seems like Fresh-Juniors in college who are not already signed to a major league team are eligible to play.

Anyway, I am looking for a way to recreate this league using OOTP 14. Any suggestions if it is even possible?
www.pebabaseball.com
jwterps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Why the heck not?

Here's information: Cape Cod Baseball League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are logos: Cape Cod League Photos by justafan_OOTP_logos | Photobucket

There are two sets of uniforms available here: FaceGen | OOTPMODS.COM

Use the game's new league wizard (Game Setup, League Setup, Functions, Add MINOR League) to create a College Feeder League. Go through Names & Affiliations in League Setup to edit the new league to be like the Cape Cod League; team names, locations, etc. Set the region as US REGION: New England. The rest of the League Setup (Rules, Financials, Options, Strategy) is up to you to learn and edit as necessary but, if you chose College Feeder League, it should be pretty much fine to go with as it is.

EDIT: Actually, I'll amend that statement. You do have to edit the number of games and the schedule, at least. Set the number of games and the start date and generate a new schedule.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 08-12-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

You don't even have to make it a feeder league, really. If you wanted, say, a High School league that fed into the CCBL, you'd need to make the CCBL a Major League level league.

What you would need to do in that case is set the Age Minimum and Age Maximum (to 18 and 22, respectively). It would also be prudent to use Reserve Rosters, since you wouldn't be using Minors. Other than that, just go through the league rules and options and see what you'd like to change. You can do pretty much whatever you want in OOTP.

By the by, use my uniform set (shameless plug!) unless you're doing a retro league, since mine are updated and the other set isn't.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
jwterps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a way to just make it a summer league though within an entire universe? In other words, can I get it so that there is a 44 game summer league, fed by college "to-be" sophomores-seniors, but also in a world where they return to their college and can potentially be drafted by a pro team?

Or am I going to just have to settle for recreating just a summer league? Am I making sense?

Ideally, I would like to create a dynasty/universe where I can track a kid from high school, to college, to the CCBL summer league, back to college, and ultimately to MiLB and MLB. Is this possible?
www.pebabaseball.com
Old 08-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwterps View Post
Is there a way to just make it a summer league though within an entire universe? In other words, can I get it so that there is a 44 game summer league, fed by college "to-be" sophomores-seniors, but also in a world where they return to their college and can potentially be drafted by a pro team?
Creating it has a summer league within an existing universe is simple enough. However, the player movement that you are imagining would not happen naturally. You could recreate it, but you would need to do all the player movement (transfer of player from college to summer league and then back) manually.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
jwterps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking unfortunately. A lot of work, but it could be worth it.

A nice addition would be a way to draft college players to various summer leagues and then have them return to their college after the summer OR become ineligible if they end up signing with a ML team...

At least I know it's feasible. Just a bit of a pain it sounds like...
www.pebabaseball.com
Old 06-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #7
theg02guy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Jason,

Did you end up following through with your Cape Cod Baseball League? I'm looking to do something similar and was curious if you had success/what obstacles you encountered. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to creating something like a CCBL despite having played OOTP since 2002ish.

Thanks for any feedback!
theg02guy is offline   Reply With Quote