Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

starting pitcher staminas all messed up

#8 (permalink) bjenglert77
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts

Does anyone else have starting pitchers in historical leagues with jacked up stamina? I'm trying to play seasons in the 90's and 2000's and 3 or 4 out of 5 starting pitchers on each staff have stamina of 17 or higher. And the strategy settings are weird too so that starting pitchers never get yanked. Anybody, anybody? Bueller?
#8 (permalink) bjenglert77
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts

Does anyone else have starting pitchers in historical leagues with jacked up stamina? I'm trying to play seasons in the 90's and 2000's and 3 or 4 out of 5 starting pitchers on each staff have stamina of 17 or higher. And the strategy settings are weird too so that starting pitchers never get yanked. Anybody, anybody? Bueller?
Does anyone else have issues in historical play with starting pitchers in the 90's and 2000's having unrealistic stamina ratings of 17 or higher? And the strategy settings for game management by the managers are all whacked out too causing pitchers never to get pulled and throwing 150+ pitches in a game and ending up with 19 complete games.
bjenglert77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Go into league setup and your historical strategy settings. My guess is somehow that you're using settings from long before the 1990s and 2000s. So pitcher stamina is high and reliver usage is low.

You should select a different year from the pulldown menu, apply the settings and make sure to check the option to have strategy settings automatically updated each year.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm a pretty experienced user. I've done all of that and the problem persists. For instance, just tried 1996 Dodgers. Made sure that correct year was selected for league-wide strategy and historical sections. However, manager setting was next to last level on SLOW on "hook starting pitcher" in innings 7 & 8 trailing by 4+ runs. That's just one example. Pitching staminas were as follows: Nomo = 19, Valdez = 19, R. Martinez = 18, Candiotti = 16 and Astacio = 15. And all the other teams have at least three starters with stamina over 17. There's gotta be someone else having this problem. I'm not doing anything differently then I was before when everything was fine.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I don't typically play in the 1990s, but those stamina ratings seem fairly normal to me for historical play. The league settings for starting pitcher stamina are low. That seems fine as well.

I simulated the 1996 season, and the Dodgers had 8 CG on the season. They had 6 in real life.

Overall, there were only 91 CG in the National League in the simulation. There were 127 in real life.

There were 133 CG in the American League in my simulation, and there were 163 in real life.

So, if anything, OOTP is generating results with MORE of a tendency for starters to be pulled than there was in real life. Per the historical simulation accuracy screen, simulated offensive statistics were extremely close to real life.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just did the same simulation again. For 1996 it simmed 231 CG in the AL and 184 in the NL. These are actually the lowest I've had so far, so at least I'm making progress LOL.

I fully believe I am doing the same steps as you. The stamina ratings are way off too, so I respectfully disagree with your stance that those fairly normal. Very, very few pitchers in the '90's or later should have a 19 and several do.

If you don't mind continuing to offer your advice on helping me sort this out, can I ask what the stamina ratings are when you open 1996 season? As I said, every staff has at least three SP with a 17 or higher. Then, most manager strategy settings are very askew in being slow to hook a starting pitcher. This even after I make sure that the strategy settings imported are for 1996. I've even tried other seasons: '92, '83, '05, etc.

I don't get it. My settings seem to be screwed up every time no matter how many different ways I try to adjust it. I've tried real stats, neutralized stats, over a career, 1-yr periods, 3-yr periods, etc., etc., etc.

I really need some help the game is totally ruined for me like this.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

I would repost your findings in the regular OOTP13 forum. Buried here in Historical Leagues, I feel not too many people are looking at it.
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the advice, I will do that. I appreciate people's help!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjenglert77 View Post
If you don't mind continuing to offer your advice on helping me sort this out, can I ask what the stamina ratings are when you open 1996 season?
The stamina ratings were exactly the same in my game as in yours. All the Dodger pitchers you mentioned had the same stamina ratings that you reported.

I don't know if you've edited league totals or have disabled that feature, or maybe some other setting is incorrect. Maybe your AI managers are not the proper defaults. I suppose that it's possible that it's a bug somewhere, but that doesn't explain why my simulation results were accurate with the same stamina ratings.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
bjenglert77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ok, then the issue must be with the AI managers. As I mentioned, the manager strategy settings are all defaulted to being very slow to hook starting pitchers. But I don't edit league totals or anything.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjenglert77 View Post
ok, then the issue must be with the AI managers. As I mentioned, the manager strategy settings are all defaulted to being very slow to hook starting pitchers. But I don't edit league totals or anything.
There's a good chance you're right about those. It would be nice to have an easier way to edit the default AI. Then you could just go in and edit one slider instead of hundreds.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote