Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
CornScobbins
Bat Boy

How does this game compare with Baseball Mogul?

I was wondering if people who have tried then both could explain to me how they are different. I love the Baseball mogul series mainly due to its statistical realism. I especially like the realistic career projections, trades, and contract negotiations. Also, is it easy to create a custom player in OOTP. It is very difficult and tedious to do so in Baseball Mogul.
CornScobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
mike2228
Major Leagues

I played mogul from about 2001 til 2008. Then I discovered ootp and haven't even opened mogul since. ootp is that much better than mogul.
mike2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Creating players in OOTP is very easy and takes little time.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
daves
Hall Of Famer

OOTP has a lot more to offer than Mogul. Mogul is quicker and easier and allows you to play an arcade pitch by pitch mode. OOTP can be played with great depth or very little depth. You can have all the bells and whistles in OOTP or you can turn off the financials and make it an easy league with options you want. The scheduling in OOTP can be tough though.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
outrider64
Major Leagues

Think of it this way. If these 2 games were cars, Mogul would be a Chevy and OOTP is the Cadillac.

I have tried almost every game out there, whether the demo or full version. I stopped buying and playing everyone of them once I discovered OOTP 8.

Every historical season is available from 1871-2011. You can play career mode or single season with real life lineups and real transactions.
You can also try a fictional league and create your own baseball universe. The options are endless it seems.
The results are pretty amazing to real life. I love this feature of single season replay, when I want to take a break from the league I created.
You can also clone historical players and edit them to your liking. The process is very easy.

Try the demo, I think you'll like what you see. It can be an a little overwhelming at first with all the options available, but the learning curve is easy and the people on this forum will help out when needed. There is also a "new to the game" section where there is a ton of info to any questions.

Last edited by outrider64; 10-07-2011 at 11:34 PM.
outrider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
Erik W.
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider64 View Post
Think of it this way. If these 2 games were cars, Mogul would be a Chevy and OOTP is the Cadillac.
I just bought a Chevy.

I think Kia vs Audi would have been a better comparison, anyway.