Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 08-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Fictional Career Replays

After spending most of my down time preparing Sugar Ray Robinson's career replay and my latest task a slow burner I wanted something a bit easier going, that would be bit more jovial when the previous gets weary.

I'll have a fictional lead, put them in a particular place in history and try to weave them along the way to somewhere.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Louie Mack

Name: Louis Mack Davis
Born: 1913-08-26
Nationality: American
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York
Stance: Orthodox
Height: 5′ 7″ / 170cm
Reach: 69″ / 175cm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No trainer of note, but known to train out of Grupp's Gym of Harlem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson

Last edited by bob_bask; 08-05-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Changed Mack's DOB.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

How it'll Work

* Going to substitute my fictional guys into cards that took place, resisting creating each boxer on card as that'll take away speed and leisure element to this.

* Will generate boxers ratings through the RFG and then set auto-aging relevant to era.

Hopefully that's all there is to this.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Mack's debut comes in his hometown against fellow Brooklynite Henry Schacter, currently undefeated with a record of 5-0-1.

1930-04-26 Ridgewood Grove, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Freddie Huber vs. Artie DeLuca
Guido Conti vs. Francisco Sosa
Eddie Burl vs. Teddy Seidman
Sid Silas vs. Sammy Delson
Herman Riegel vs. Billy Rapp
Henry Schacter vs. Louie Mack
Petey Hayes vs. Danny Essen

Report follows --

Schacter, previously undefeated, met a bona fide featherweight in Mack, a 17-year-old native of Brooklyn.

Mack was sharp with his punches which he threw from many angles, yet it was Schacter that landed the heavier blows when he was able to get off.

An entertaining affair where newcomer Mack got the decision by a majority.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Mack's second fight comes along quick as he tries to earn a wage. Three days later he steps into the ring to face Andy Raymond, a 0-2 fighter.

1930-04-29 Broadway Arena, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Eric Lawson vs. Edward Hultgren
Al Cohen vs. Jimmy Shea
Freddie Andersen vs. Sammy Russo
Carmine Zicaro vs. Johnny Guida
Maxie Ziegler vs. Charley Gordon
Lew Franklin vs. Beezy Thomas
Louie Mack vs. Andy Raymond
Allie Wolff vs. George Deschner

Report follows --

In a bloody affair Louie Mack and Andy Raymond fought tooth-and-nail for four frantic rounds.

Raymond had Mack's number in the first as he had him bleeding from the mouth, trapped against the ropes as he landed one big blow after another rendering his man out on his feet, but couldn't put him down.

Mack returned the favour in the third as he opened up a deep cut on Raymond's eyelid. The referee over-eager looked likely to stop the fight, but plenty of persuasion over-wise from the knowledgeable crowd changed his mind.

Raymond effectively blind in one eye went wild as he swung the punches at Mack, who kept the distance and worked the outside.

Two judges scored it for Mack, one for Raymond.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

After giving the cut inside his mouth a week or so to heal up, Mack got another fight at the Grove.

This time out the only slot was against a lightweight with a record 3-3, whose got a 11-12 pound advantage.

1930-05-10 Ridgewood Grove, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Henry Goldberg vs. Gummy Snyder
Mike Sankowitz vs. Jack Robinson
Joe Siclari vs. Walter Burns
Enzo Fiermonte vs. Guido Conti
Charley Gordon vs. Lou Pampalone
Petey Hayes vs. Jimmy McFarland
Benny Flax vs. Eddie Forster
Louie Mack vs. Maxie Farber

Report follows --

The fists went flying as little Louie Mack tried his best to outgun the heavier Maxie Farber last night.

Both fought hard all the way but Farber's strength told as each time they got into it blow-for-blow Mack had to back off first.

Mack was able to out scrap Farber for enough of the three minutes in the third to claim at least one round in the crowd-pleasing affair.

Judges scored action 3-1 in favour of Farber.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Update

I'll post up the opponents files created in fives over in the mods section.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Somewhat of a rest up for Mack before his next outing.

Back among the 126-pounders Mack takes on a 1-3 local.

1930-05-23 106th Infantry Regiment Armory, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Larry Marinucci vs. Tommy Jordan
Matty Guida vs. Danny Shugrue
Tony DeLio vs. Louie Mack
Eddie Benson vs. George Giacchino
Ralph Barbara vs. Mark Maxwell

Report follows --

In a real snoozer Mack and a pudgy DeLio fought at a pedestrian pace.

Neither seemed to warrant victory but two judges gave Mack it 3-1, enough for the split.