Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
Markmeister
Major Leagues

[%personname]

Just a minor bug.

[%personname] appears in multiple places in the League News section of the file. Looking at the XML cheat sheet, it looks like the [%personname] should give the player/coach's last name. I have seen headlines with the player/coach's first name in them, however.

Should probably be changed to [%personname L]. Otherwise could end up with headlines such as:

"C Bob Launches Assault on NL Pitchers. Captures Batter of the Month Honors."

p.s. Not the actual name I saw, but the name rhymes with Rick and would of been caught by the filer I've seen other firstnames appear in difference headlines too.

Jersey style logos
Vintage letter logos
Vintage uniforms

Last edited by Markmeister; 07-08-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Markmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
M's rule
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmeister
Just a minor bug.

[%personname] appears in multiple places in the League News section of the file. Looking at the XML cheat sheet, it looks like the [%personname] should give the player/coach's last name. I have seen headlines with the player/coach's first name in them, however.

Should probably be changed to [%personname L]. Otherwise could end up with headlines such as:

"C Bob Launches Assault on NL Pitchers. Captures Batter of the Month Honors."

p.s. Not the actual name I saw, but the name rhymes with Rick and would of been caught by the filer I've seen other firstnames appear in difference headlines too.
I recall reading somewhere that [%personname] doesn't always return both names; sometimes it gives just the first name or the last name. When I searched for this token in the database, I discovered it shows up only a few times, and many of those were in subject lines (what you refer to as headlines).

I agree that it looks strange for only a player's first name to appear in a headline--and of course the big problem is that you don't automatically know who Bob or **** (heh) is.

So, I changed [%personname] to [%personname L] in every case, including the rare instances when [%personname] turned up in a PbP message. Most of those were in a single category (the one about balks).

Thanks for bringing this up. Nice catch.
M's rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
Markmeister
Major Leagues

Thanks for taking care of this - minor error, but also confusing.

I definitely see how it can be tough to catch every problem. Last night kept seeing weird subject lines while simming several years. "Jake Just Batters NL Pitchers..." etc. Several lines with Just in the subject lines that didn't appear to be showing up correctly.

I thought I had changed all of the [%personname] on my computer. Went in and checked and couldn't find any that I missed.

Turns out that OOTP was showing his last name all along - JUST. Seeing Just as a player name in the subject lines, however, was confusing me

Jersey style logos
Vintage letter logos
Vintage uniforms

Last edited by Markmeister; 07-09-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Markmeister is offline   Reply With Quote