Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 02:30 AM   #1
Twelvefield
All Star Starter

PbP Typo

It's either "flires" or "flired", as in "he flires the ball to first" or "the ball was flired to first". This is on the patched version of the game. I can't remember which one it is, though, as I got distracted before I wrote the typo down. I guess that's one reason I wasn't invited to beta-test.
Twelvefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 AM   #2
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Have you gotten the latest english.xml file that was posted last week? Tysok went through the file and identified many tiny errors, and may have eliminated this one.

I will point this out to the text team.

Last edited by Raidergoo; 06-19-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
M's rule
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvefield
It's either "flires" or "flired", as in "he flires the ball to first" or "the ball was flired to first". This is on the patched version of the game. I can't remember which one it is, though, as I got distracted before I wrote the typo down. I guess that's one reason I wasn't invited to beta-test.
The word "flire" isn't in the database, but it is in the updated xml file (text object 11081), so someone must have fixed it after the new xml file was released. You can get rid of it in your own english.xml file--just open, search, and replace.
M's rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:12 AM   #4
Twelvefield
All Star Starter

Ugh, too much like work. Isn't there someone who gets paid to do that, or failing that, an unthanked volunteer?

In any case, thanks for the help. I noticed the new .XML file a few moments after I posted, but frankly, I don't feel up to messing with any more of the game's innards for a while. However, I won't post any more typos until I get around to looking after that new file.
Twelvefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:31 AM   #5
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

I just got the "Flires to first" typo (after the patch) also. I'm in the middle of a game, but I'll try the .xml file afterwords.

I was able to edit the typo. Thanks for the fix.

Last edited by Ambermonk; 06-23-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Here's another PBP gem...

_______ deals...
swing and a miss!
swing and a miss!
a big cut by ________
Old 06-23-2006, 12:52 AM   #7
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermonk
Here's another PBP gem...

_______ deals...
swing and a miss!
swing and a miss!
a big cut by ________
Well... it did say it was a big cut...
Did it at least score it as only one strike?
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:28 AM   #8
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

I believe so.

Here is an irritating commercial that was mercifully cut off...

"but first a reminder to tune into the Endgame Recap with the SION Network Team when"

This was all on one PBP line and was never completed. I like to think that the producers cut them off because there is no endgame recap - and there should be no commercials either.

Here's another one...

"with Hall of Fame producer Steve Battisti, this is the Sports Interactive Baseball Networ"

again cut off due to it's excessive length.

Lets do another one...

"while we wait, let us remind you that a home run in this at bat means a free case of dal"

I would rather get on with the game than wait for yet another commercial.

Last edited by Ambermonk; 06-23-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:49 AM   #9
tysok
Hall Of Famer

HAHA... I kinda like the commercials, they're funny little tidbits. However they appear way too often. Having a humorous little bit in there every now and then, once a game or once every other game I wouldn't mind... but I've been seeing 2 to 4 a game (never the same one but still).

If you really dislike them I'd jump into the file (with notepad) search for them and delete them... they're all in one section so find one you found them all.
Not sure if you HAVE to have one, but just delete all but one, and change the last one to something you wouldn't mind seeing.
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #10
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Actually this was something that I was considering, but I haven't had time yet to research what the ramifications would be.

I would want to find out how the game uses those files (where it looks, when, how often, & why for example) before I did something that might contaminate my current season.

Believe me, when I find out what I need to do, they will be gone - but they may be replaced with something more interesting!