Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 11-21-2004, 11:01 AM   #1
garlasco
Minors (Double A)

Quick catobase question

I have a league that has history from 2004-2008. I have run the cate program for all of the years. Here is the problem, I forgot to save 2006 before hitting proceed to next season but I did run catobase, so I have the data.

How do I get Cato base to include that 2006 data now when running it for 2008?

Thanks

PG
Old 11-21-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Okay, I'm confused.

After 2006, you didn't save a backup before Pressing The Button, but you did import the data into Catobase before you proceeded to 2007, is that right?

If so, that 2006 data should be in there already, so you shouldn't need to do anything different... but I'm not entirely sure I'm following what you're saying. Sorry!
Old 11-21-2004, 11:57 AM   #3
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlasco
I have a league that has history from 2004-2008. I have run the cate program for all of the years. Here is the problem, I forgot to save 2006 before hitting proceed to next season but I did run catobase, so I have the data.

How do I get Cato base to include that 2006 data now when running it for 2008?

Thanks

PG
You are unable to. You have to run Catobase at the end of each season, prior to hitting the "Proceed" button.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM   #4
Treches
Hall Of Famer

I take he has the season in the database but forgot to create the HTML pages. If that's so, there's an option in Cato to export multiple seasons at a time, not just the last one.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:04 AM   #5
garlasco
Minors (Double A)

Ok, let me help clear up the confusion.

Yes, I ran catobase after every season. I have the files from all of the seasons but don't you need to re-run the whole thing after every season?

If i run 2008 and try to export multiple seasons, those seasons aren't counted in league totals, history etc.

How can i get the database to upload all of the data? How do i get it to include 2006?

Am i making more or less sense?

Thanks

PG
Old 11-22-2004, 05:05 PM   #6
jmm8356
All Star Starter

I think I get it now... maybe...

Are you creating a new database every year? That's kinda what it sounds like... If so, what you wanted to do is create a new database after Year 1, and then open that same database when it was time to import Year 2 and later, so that all the data is in the same file.

Fear not, though... if you have a database for each season, it shouldn't be too difficult to fix, especially if you have each season's data in your "data" folder (next to your "website" folder, usually).

But before I get into the solution, let's make sure we have the right problem first.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:09 AM   #7
garlasco
Minors (Double A)

Correct, I am making a new database every year. Is there a way to NOT do that? Everytime I go to add a new season to the catobase, the .mdb file is gone so I have to start fresh.

So, yes. I have the files from year 1-year 6. How do i get those files into the data base?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help.

-PG
Old 11-23-2004, 10:19 AM   #8
jmm8356
All Star Starter

I don't know why the .mdb file would be gone... It's more likely that you're just looking in the wrong place for them.

I think the easiest way to go about it is:

- Locate the data directories for all five seasons (There should be just one "data" folder with five years inside it, or there could be five different "data" folders, each with one year's data inside it... It depends on how you ended up with a new database each year. Either way, you'll probably find the "data" folder(s) next to the "website" folder(s) that hold your web pages.)

- Open Catobase and create a new database (File / New)

- Go to File / Options and:
-- Uncheck the "Run exporter & copy text files to data folder" box
-- Point the Data Directory to your 2004 data (It should end up as "C:\something\something\data\2004")
-- If you have a .lg folder backup from 2004, point the League Directory to it (If you don't have it, just point it to your current .lg folder in your OOTP6 folder and uncheck "Import Player Histories".

- Hit the Import Stats button

- Go into Edit / Awards and Edit / All-Stars and make sure 2004 is "in there"

- Go back to File / Options and:
-- Point the Data Directory to your 2005 data
-- If you have a .lg folder backup from 2005, point the League Directory to it

- Hit the Import Stats button

- Go into Edit / Awards and Edit / All-Stars and make sure 2005 is "in there"

- Repeat the previous three steps for each year
(If you have .lg folder backups for every year but 2006, when you get to 2006, just point the League Directory to the 2007 .lg backup. Catobase will still import the player histories, and the only thing that will be messed up is players who retired at the beginning of 2007 (i.e. after 2006) won't have any history for 2006.)

- Go to File / Options / Output and underneath Team & League Pages on the right, uncheck Current Year Only

- Hit the Create HTML Pages button

and that should do it...

When you finish 2009, find the database you created back on step #1 and open it; under File / Options / Input, check the "Run exporter..." box and point the League Directory to your current .lg folder in your OOTP6 folder; and under File / Options / Output, check Current Year Only. Then for 2009 (and every season afterwards), so long as you open the same database file we started with, you should be able to just Import Stats and Create HTML Pages to get the results you would expect.

Any questions?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:43 PM   #9
garlasco
Minors (Double A)

Thanks so much for your help.

I'll try it tonight and let you know what I screwed up.

-PG
Old 11-24-2004, 08:58 AM   #10
garlasco
Minors (Double A)

I just wanted to thank you. Everything worked perfectly. Thanks for taking time to write everything out for me.

I really appreciate the help.

-PG
Old 11-24-2004, 12:15 PM   #11
jmm8356
All Star Starter

No problem... I'm glad everything worked out. Enjoy!