Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 10-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #301
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Once you decide on your league and come up with a definite plan for the number of teams, I will help you as much as I can on the graphics... I might try to get the good graphics guys to help... keep in mind, they may not even help me... these days it is hard for anyone to get custom requests done on the Graphics Forum... there are just a few guys that will occasionally do special requests...and they don't do multiple requests... they just do them one at a time, if at all.

You may have to create your own graphics... I would be willing to do some for you... keep in mind, it would be very unlikely I could get 24 teams done by the good graphics guys for your league... but I'm willing to try it again... remember how long it took to get just 6 or 8 teams of your original league done... I had to do about 18 of them... and my graphics work is just average at best... you never seemed to like my work.

For me to help you, you first have to show me the size of your league and the number of teams you need to complete it... you must make a commitment to make this league your primary league and concentrate on it.

If you are interested in doing what I suggest, then decide on the name of the league and give me specific details.

To keep it manageable and easy to administer, I suggest you keep the league and number of teams to no more than 24 teams.

Would you be happy doing a league like this?

Or do you have to have lots of leagues and lots of teams to be happy?

Let me know your decision.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:14 PM   #302
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Some new uniforms for the Sara City Inventors

Some new uniforms for the Sara City Inventors. Hope you like them, but if not, perhaps you might have some suggestions related to them? That is all. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #303
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

As to your earlier offer, I will consider it. Mainly, I am focusing on the SBC/future SRL, at present. I may play other dynasties periodically, of course, but right now, I am likely to concentrate most on the SBC/SRL-related dynasties than any other, if I'm not otherwise occupied with other things in my life, such as my fictional stories, et cetera.

This thread is likely to be my main one with OOTP 19 for a good long while, at least until sometime around 1895 to 1901 or so, if not longer, in terms of seasons. Of course, things could change at any time for me, depending on what comes to mind for me in the near future. We already know the main teams that will be in the SRL, once the SBC becomes the SRL. The cities in the SBC are the same ones that will be in the SRL.

Currently the teams are as follows in the Slaabovian Baseball Confederation. Future team names will be listed in parentheses as needed, with eventual preferred main colors, if not already presently used in the SBC or already made in terms of their SRL looks:

Amjasi Farmers (Hornets [Navy, yellow, green, white])
Benclimil Thoroughbreds (Chargers [Red, white, brown])
Folliston Scholars (Cupids [Red, white, pink, blue])
Olsonton Explorers (Vikings [Black, gold, red])
Rocíoton Black Guards (Camels [Black, tan, red, white])
Sara City Inventors (Rockets [Purple, white, orange])
Sarahnapool Archeologists (Cougars [Yellow, blue, copper])
Shmala Zookeepers (Bears [Black, silver, orange])
Slaabojevo Warriors (Knights [Blue, gold, red])
Tracyton Artists (Huskies [Brown, white, blue])
Tran City Lumberjacks (Bucks [Green, white, brown])
Willson Fighters (Athletics [Blue, white, green])

The second nicknames for all those teams will be used post-1900, after the SBC becomes the SRL. And then the old nicknames may eventually be reused for other teams, if not retired permanently, I think, after 1900. But that remains to be seen, of course.

Currently, the Slaabovian Baseball Confederation has two subleagues for it, and those are the Golden Sun Association and the National Union Association. I may or may not have mentioned the preferred colors for those subleagues and the Slaabovian Baseball Confederation in other threads of mine. But if I haven't, then so be it. I do not want to impose on anyone here needlessly, for sure. Especially after recent events and all.

I'll write more later, I'm sure. Thank you for your offer, and I will consider it. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:47 PM   #304
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Some new uniforms for the Sara City Inventors. Hope you like them, but if not, perhaps you might have some suggestions related to them? That is all. CD out.
No suggestions... the colors you used go together well.
I'm glad you used the same set of colors on both the home and away jersey... in general, that is how most teams do it in real life and the way most people do it in OOTPB.

You did them pretty well.

It looks like you can do your own jerseys and caps now.

I hope you are happy with them.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 10-19-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #305
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some, probably. but maybe not all. However, considering recent events and my recent promise, I don't really want to impose on anyone needlessly, of course. Logos, on the other hand, I may still have problems with, if I don't want to use the generic lettering and all, I think. I'll do what I can, but still may need some help from time to time, in any case.

Not totally satisfied with the Inventors' looks yet, and don't even have any caps made for them yet, but I'll keep trying to improve them. I have some ideas, although I don't yet know if I'll be able to pull them off yet, to be honest.

This thread's related dynasty is currently in the 1882-83 time frame. I have downloaded a number of 19th Century-style items that others have made for certain teams, but some teams, such as the Worcester Ruby Legs, I do not yet have items for, unfortunately. If I can't find them, I'll try to make them myself, as close to what they might have worn when they were in operation/existence as I possibly can. That goes for any pre-1901 team I can, of course, at least, Eugene.

My potential main change-of-pace OOTP 19 dynasty which may not be played as frequently, or as quickly, as the one related to this thread, will most likely be my Jumbled Times and Worlds one, which is a random debut-style dynasty, at least in terms of MLB. Its current season is the 1872 season, and there are only two leagues currently in it. MLB and another version of the SBC, in fact. I will be changing the uniforms as needed during the upcoming offseasons for both those leagues, of course.

Thank you for your input. Talk more with you soon, I hope. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 10-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #306
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

As far as expansion of the SRL, that will only happen if and when I decide to either move teams up from the minors or create new expansion teams for it. That will not likely happen before sometime around 1950 or 1960 at the earliest, much like MLB didn't start expanding or relocating the classic teams in that time frame for our real world.

I have not yet decided this for sure, but maybe sometime around 1940 or 1950, there may be a rival league popping up to challenge the SRL's status in Slaabovia. Much like the Federal and Continental Leagues did in our real-world timeline. If there is one that does pop up around then, I'll have to think about where the teams should be, and what their names should be, and all, of course.

But that is still far in the future, for sure. As for leagues in other countries, whether real or fictional, I haven't necessarily gotten that far with certain leagues in certain dynasties, either for OOTP 18 or 19, I believe. At least one dynasty, though, has at least one league present in Ruifrapso Sokumi, if not at least one in Yunibaasaru Kataribe as well, if memory serves me correctly. Supposing, of course, that I haven't already deleted said dynasty or dynasties, that is, for any reason or reasons possible.

I know you prefer smaller dynasties and all, but I generally prefer a more populated dynasty game world, whenever possible, so that I have more potential information to work with, just in case I may want to write stories featuring certain players and certain other people in said game worlds, et cetera. Whether they're original fiction or fanfiction-type stories, I often prefer more populated settings and all, for various reasons, whenever possible.

I'll get back to you later on your offer, and in the meantime, I'll see how my dynasties develop, as best as I can. Wish I could find some way to keep the overage problem from happening with certain college leagues and teams' players, though. I dare not ask anyone else in the forums at this point, for obvious reasons, of course.

Thank you for your input and all, Eugene. I mentioned my plans for expansion of the relevant game world pertaining to this thread earlier in it. Just so you know, the teams currently in the SBC WILL NOT be changing their current official team nicknames until circa 1900, and the SBC also will not be changing its official name until then as well. Nor will the GSA or NUA be changing their names until then, come to think of it. 1900 will be the last season for the SBC before it becomes the SRL, in any case. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 10-19-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:06 PM   #307
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

The six-team Golden Sun Association will turn into the Follis Division when the SBC becomes the SRL. While the six-team National Union Association will turn into the Gens Division when that happens.

When the Cirriddiquan Kingdom Union is formed to serve as the Triple A version of the SRL's minor leagues, the two subleagues will be called the Dovatha Division and the Wufazevir Division. Each will have six teams for it, as follows:

Dovatha Division:

Dutch Cove Raiders
Lima Llamas
Odanoskiko Stags
Ottoskarje Lynx
St. Peter Hearts
Tierra De Oro Mustangs

Wufazevir Division:

Aaronville Bruins
Bublitz City Squires
Damonopolis Bulldogs
Odlasvoi City Stingers
Rainbow Bay Satellites
Mankato Challengers

Those teams have been done already, in terms of the CKU teams. But I still would need at least one league logo and logos for both subleagues, I believe. Details are in related threads, however.

At some point, if I haven't already, I may repost or post various graphics creations I have done so far, elsewhere on the forums, so that others may see what I've done by then, et cetera. But only if and when the proper time comes for me to do so. That probably won't be for a while yet, of course, but it may still happen some time in the future, just so you know.

That's probably enough for me to talk about here in this post, at least, then. Take care, and be well, I hope. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 10-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #308
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Before I went back in time again this last time, I created a league so that players from the relevant SBC organizations, at least, would have places to play, as a potential test league. I can't remember exactly what I called the league, right offhand, but I do remember that I called one subleague the Storyteller Conference, and the other the Lorekeeper Conference. I may or may not have suitable graphics already for those subleagues, but I would have to check to be sure. If I don't, then I think I'll try first to make them myself, for obvious reasons.

The Storyteller Conference consisted of two four-team divisions, and so did the Lorekeeper Conference. For those conferences, they had teams in the applicable divisions as follows, with affiliated teams as listed, where necessary:

Storyteller Conference:

Legend-Archivist Division:

Black Elk Stampede (Benclimil Thoroughbreds)
Borgianteklena Pandas (Shmala Zookeepers)
Indigo City Archers (Willson Fighters)
Mindaka Mystery (Olsonton Explorers)

Tale-Minder Division:

Bethlehem Shepherds (Amjasi Farmers)
Miami Barracudas (Slaabojevo Warriors)
New Jersey Eagles (Independent, already did jerseys for them, at least)
Turtlewood Turtles (Independent, already did jerseys for them, at least)

Lorekeeper Conference:

History-Collector Division:

Amlandia Bobcats (Sarahnapool Archeologists)
Hinckley Mountain Goats (Folliston Scholars)
Mt. Panada Avalanche (Tran City Lumberjacks)
Odanoskiko Shockers (Sara City Inventors)

Memory-Preserver Division:

Bouyane Heralds (Independent, already did jerseys for them, at least)
Hyderbadivo Pirahnas (Rocíoton Black Guards)
Omaha Millers (Tracyton Artists)
Wyoming Voyagers (Independent, already did jerseys for them, at least)

These will remain together with no additional teams until the creation of the Sartagaron Heritage Confederation sometime after the CKU is formed. The teams marked as independent teams will continue to develop their history after that time. As for the other twelve listed teams, their ultimate fates are still to be determined. They may or may not continue on in certain other Slaabovia-based leagues after the creation of the SHC, but I've not yet planned out the development of pro leagues in Slaabovia past about 1901, more or less, other than the definite fact that the SRL, CKU, and SHC will be in existence around the turn of the 20th Century.

Just some information here, if not already shared earlier in this thread, at least. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 10-19-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:29 PM   #309
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Ultimately, when I finish fleshing out the college-level structure for the Slaabovian Intercollegiate Athletic Union, I plan to have about 100 to about 140 teams in various divisions, to provide potential players for the SRL and certain other leagues yet to be determined besides the SRL.

The North American Collegiate Sports Association, on the other hand, will likely feed players into MLB and certain other leagues, in time, as a virtual analogue of the real-world NCAA, at least. I'm considering a maximum of three related college levels, when it it finally is fleshed out fully, with perhaps a maximum of 200 to 300 or so schools from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, mainly, if not entirely.

I do not expect that this will eventually develop into a game world with more than 800 teams like at least one quickstart provided through the forums may already have, just yet, but we'll have to see how it develops, of course. Ultimately, in terms of professional major leagues, I will likely create at least one association, if I haven't already, in this dynasty, and have multiple leagues' champions play in yearly tournaments for overall titles, much like the NCAA does with their various championships.

It will take a great deal of time, for sure, to develop any game world, whether currently-existing or not, so that it has at least sixteen viable leagues worthy of having their champions participate in an end-of-season tournament for various world titles. Probably on the order of at least 50-100 years, I'd figure, if not more.

I have already outlined my expected game world expansion plans for this dynasty in previous posts of this thread. If I do not have certain graphics for certain teams or leagues, and I can't find them anywhere, I will try to make them myself first, before I might ask others for help here, as best as I can. Especially considering recent events and my earlier promise to everyone else here.

Will write more later, I'm sure, if possible. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 10-20-2019, 12:06 AM   #310
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Future Sartagaron Heritage teams, circa 1905 (?)

Holen Conference:

North Division:

Indiana Prowlers (Cougars)
Las Vegas Antlers (Bucks, already made jerseys for them, at least)
Saratoga Devotees (Cupids)
Ticonderoga Contesters (Athletics)

South Division:

Ebchazu Elephants (Camels. already made jerseys for them, at least)
New Jersey Eagles (independent, already made jerseys for them, at least)
Turtlewood Turtles (independent, already made jerseys for them, at least)
Yorktown Bandits (Vikings, main colors black, tan, scarlet)

Wellnitz Conference:

Boise Swarmers (Hornets)
Chisekoko Probes (Rockets, main colors purple, lunar silver, and bronze (?))
Mochuku Terriers (Huskies)
Wyoming Voyagers (independent, already made jerseys for them, at least)

South Division:

Bouyane Heralds (independent, already made jerseys for them, at least)
Chiyocombe Cubs (Bears, already made jerseys for them, at least, main colors brown, orange, amber, and possibly rose?)
Lexington Colts (Chargers)
Tebyro Guardians (Knights, already made jerseys for them, at least)

This league will likely be created circa 1905, more or less, once the CKU is up and running well enough. But it definitely will not be created until the CKU is, in any case, folks.

That's enough to talk about here, I think, then. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 10-20-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #311
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some new caps for the Sara City Inventors

Sara City has new caps for the Inventors. Hope you like. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image 

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 10-20-2019, 10:47 AM   #312
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Okay, let me see here what we have so far for the teams in the SBC, and what I may still have to make, if I don't have others help me here with things. This is just a checklist, mind you, not a request form, et cetera.

Amjasi Farmers need at least two logos (I'll try to make all the items for them myself first)
Benclimil Thoroughbreds need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Folliston Scholars need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Olsonton Explorers need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Rocíoton Black Guards need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Sara City Inventors need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Sarahnapool Archeologists need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Shmala Zoologists need need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Slaabojevo Warriors need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Tracyton Artists need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Tran City Lumberjacks need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)
Willson Fighters need at least two logos (See Amjasi note)

I may be able to make the remaining cap or caps needed, but logos may still be hard for me, at least. For those who are interested, these are the color codes and fonts for each team as I've used so far, as best as I can currently recall, for the items already made:

Folliston Scholars:

1b3dc6
e3ce31
c61b3d
82c61b

Old London font on all items

Tran City Lumberjacks:

116d3a
30b6c5
1db963
b9611d

HBM Forista Woody home jersey
Wooden Nickel road/away jersey and road/away cap
HBM Forista Regular home cap

Willson Fighters:

28c220 (if memory serves)
c9a389
1209e4
2eb4e3 (if memory serves)

King Arthur Special

Tracyton Artists:

d8d63c
422a9c
b6928f
dfe2e3

Innkeeper

Slaabojevo Warriors:

1c5d99
f6db7b
8f230f
ebe9e9

Gaelic

Rocíoton Black Guards:

3a3335
efd6ac
a51c30
fbfbf2
5d4e6d

Puritan Swash home jersey and cap
Puritan Alternate road/away jersey and cap

Sara City Inventors:

721e7a
eaeaea
e0762a
a9bcd0
f6ca45 (if memory serves)

Gizmo

Sarahnapool Archeologists:

e97317
177de9
d4e917
950e2e

Morris Roman

Olsonton Explorers:

231a1f
d09e2c
de2816 (if memory serves)

Argos

Shmala Zoologists:

0b0d14
c4c4c4
de6506
f2f2f2

Lobster 1.4

Amjasi Farmers:

5bf213
f6db2a
f8fbe7

Fondamento

Benclimil Thoroughbreds (AKA T-breds):

561c25
f4fbfd
8a5d0b

Kingsbridge RG (Regular, I suppose?)

I have made other jerseys, at least, for various teams, even if they haven't yet begun play in various leagues, but still am quite new at this, of course. I still haven't figured out how to properly center and angle text diagonally on a line yet, whether on a sash-like element or not, like the Rangers, at least, do currently, but hopefully someday I will be able to, or maybe someone will be able to tell me how to do that well enough later on.

That's enough to talk about here for this post, at least, I think. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 10-31-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #313
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Deleted.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 10-20-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #314
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some new caps for the Sarahnapool Archeologists

Some new caps for the Sarahnapool Archeologists. Hope you like them. But may still need to work on the home cap more, I think, quite possibly. That is all. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image 

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 10-20-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #315
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Wonders why low seems to hate the Cardinals and Yankees so much. Just curious, that's all. CD out.
It is best not to post negative posts.

This is your dynasty thread... why would you even mention low here?
Old 10-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #316
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Moment of weakness, unfortunately. Will delete comment immediately. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 10-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #317
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Eugene, seeing as I don't normally associate with a lot of people offline, I often try to find out what makes people tick, so to speak, so as to try and understand them and their thought processes better, if and whenever possible. Obviously, due to certain recent events, I probably can't ask him that right now, after seeing his comment elsewhere. And he probably wouldn't answer me now, I think, if I were able to and did, because of them, or at least not for quite a while, if ever.

Most of the people I've talked to before I only know from encountering them online, at least for quite a few years. I've made several good friends online over the years, but I've not yet been on this message board for very long, unlike you. So I don't know a lot about many of the people here, if anyone at all. Not even you.

What makes you tick, so to speak? Just curious. You don't have to answer that if you don't want to, though, of course.

For me, it's things like the interests mentioned in my profile, for example. Family has always been very important to me, for example. But most of all, God interests me the most, even if it may not always seem so to others, for sure.

Will have to talk more later, no doubt. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 10-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #318
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Here are some of the things that make EC tick:

My interests are OOTPB, Music (Pop, Rock, Country, Big Band), Sports, Church and family.
I have absolutely no interest in social media... no Facebook, no Instagram, no Tweeter... don't text... will email... social media is a bad thing for society... it is sad how addicted people are to it... it won't happen to EC and his wife... we are wonderfully happy with out it... however, we do have smart phones to communicate with people... but we phone them in person.

I was a Radio Program Director and Disc Jockey for 32 years.

My most favored thing to do now is my Nursing Home Music Ministry.
I have a nice PA system and I go to 8 Nursing Homes and play music for the residents once a month... I play at 2 Homes each week... usually play about one and a half hours at each one... I play the "greatest hits of their life"... songs like Blueberry Hill, You Are My Sunshine, Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, Don't Be Cruel, Rock Around the Clock, In the Mood, Chattanooga Choo Choo, I Want to Hold You Hand, The Twist, Kiss an Angel Good Morning, The Gambler, Pistol Packin' Mama, Runaround Sue, Sherry, Stop in the Name of Love and Sitting on the Dock of the Bay.

Music is stored in the long-term memory part of our brain... most of the residents can't remember recent happenings stored in the short-term memory, but they remember many things from the long ago past... the songs bring back old memories to the residents... it is a blessing to watch them sing the words and tap their hands and toes to the music... they range in age form 60 to 100... 95% them are in wheelchairs... I also take their hands and dance with them to the music... we do the Twist, the Stroll, the Hokey Pokey, the Boogie Woogie, the Jitterbug... and also the Texas Two Step and Boot-Scootin' Boogies... I have been doing this for the last three years and it is very special to me... I thank Jesus for giving me this ministry.

I have 7200 songs in perfect condition on my laptop computer... I play them through the PA speakers... it will easily fill a small auditorium with fine quality sound... I play all the great songs that the residents knew and loved when they were growing up... we take a "musical journey of our lives" each time I play for them... I tell them about the songs, when they were popular and who sings them... adding in musical trivia about the songs and the artists.

I played church-league basketball and slow pitch softball until I was 55... bulging discs in my back forced me to stop playing... my doctors said they could rupture if I fell or got hurt in a game... warned me of paralysis... that was over 20 years ago... I would still be playing otherwise... at 79 God has blessed me with excellent health... I could still play softball, but my basketball skills have greatly deteriorated... it's really tough to shoot from just 15 feet... forget it, no way could I put up a three pointer.

A child of the 40s and 50s... just an average middle-class person... with a wonderful wife of 49 years... no kids... we both came from divorced families and probably didn't have kids for that reason... we both agreed when we got married that we would not have any kids... kids are a gift from God... many of them turn out good and are a blessing, but I have also seen the problems kids can cause... my wife and I have never regretted our decision.

Try to get along with everyone... try to treat them as I would like to be treated... I'm generous, kind and caring... Jesus is my model and example.
When a situation or problem arises, I just ask myself, "What would Jesus Do?... and then I try my best to do it.

To get along with the OOTP Community here on the OOTP Forums or to get along with people in general, the best thing to do is what the Bible says:"Be quick to listen and slow to anger"... "A gentle answer turns away wrath".
We need to love people like Jesus loves us.

When you want to tell someone something, answer all three of these questions: "Is it true?... is it kind?... is it necessary"... if the answer is not "Yes" to all them, you shouldn't say it.

My mother always told me, "If you can't say something good, don't say anything at all".

That's how try to treat people in my world... it really works well here on the OOTP Forums, too.

However, there are times when I will gracefully admonish or call down an individual on the Forums when I think they are not treating people fairly... but those occurrences don't come up very often... but sometimes you have to take a stand and do the right thing... you just have be absolutely sure you are on the right side of the situation.

I hope this helps you understand EC a little bit better.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 10-21-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #319
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

It does quite a bit, actually. And I agree with much, if not all, of what you said, especially in regards to Jesus. I do try to follow His example as best as I can, but obviously I've made mistakes at times, I admit.

Nobody has to like or dislike a certain team or teams, of course, among other things, but was just wondering why some people like or don't like certain teams, and all, for example. And I'm not afraid to admit when I may be wrong, and know it well enough, generally, I think.

I have never married, but that doesn't mean I haven't wanted to be married. I haven't had the chance to even date, either, but I still trust that if God wishes to make it possible, I will have a chance to date, and maybe even marry someone, and possibly even have kids with them. I've had this desire for most of my nearly 47 years of life, in fact, even though those things have never happened for me, for many reasons, most definitely.

How might I be able to be a better and more concise and more focused writer in my stories? I find it often hard to find the proper word or words in a particular scene or story, to make things more concise and all, and avoid unnecessary details in my writings.

I'm not very good in terms of writing humor or humorous scenes, for example. And there are other things I won't touch needlessly if I can possibly avoid it, in terms of genres I might read or write, either, for various reasons.

Feel free to answer my question or questions later, or ask them, and I'll see if I can show you more about myself where possible and appropriate and all, then, of course. Take care, I hope, Lord willing, EC. CD out.

P.S. By the way, what do you think of the newest graphics items I have posted earlier in this thread? Just curious, that's all. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 10-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #320
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, I never liked the Brooklyn Dodgers or Milwaukee Braves... they would always beat Stan Musial and my St. Louis Cardinals in the 50s.

I never liked the Yankees after Steinbrenner bought them... I didn't like the way he spent his way to success, buying all the free agents, pennants and World Series.

I don't like the Houston Astros, but I was really pulling hard for them to beat those darn Yankees last night... now I'm hoping the Astros will lose to the Washington Nationals.

I like Max Scherzer on the Nats… that's why I pull for them... plus my friend knuckler, the graphics guru, is a big Washington fan... it was his mother's favorite team when they were the Senators... that's an even better reason for me to pull for Washington... knuckler is a special person in my life... and I met him here on the OOTP Forums.

I never like the Pittsburgh Steelers... they whipped Roger Staubach and the Dallas Cowboys too much in the 70s.

I never like the Boston Celtics... they beat Jerry West and the Los Angeles Lakers too often.

I never like Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls... they whipped Karl Malone and John Stockton too much in the NBA.

I never liked the Cleveland Browns in the early 50s, perhaps the greatest Pro Football team of all-time, because I was a Los Angeles Rams fan... Bob Waterfield, Norm Van Brocklin were the quarterbacks for the Rams... Tom Fears and Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch were the ends... the Browns were coached by one of the greatest coaches, Paul Brown... his stars were Otto Graham at QB, Marion Motley at FB, Lou Groza was the kicker, and Dante Lavelli and Mac Speedie were the ends.

There are all kinds of reasons why people like or don't like teams... far too numerous for to post here.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 10-21-2019 at 02:17 PM.