Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:06 AM   #1
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

I think I just fell in love with this game.

I started my first real game of OOTP, GM for a team in 1895,Fantasy league and I GM the Carolina Spiders.

First season I miss the playoffs by a three way tie, I decide to step up my game, I bring in a top pitcher, I shore up some of the weak spots, and my team does well, with just a few games to go they have a 6 game lead for the division.

Then the spiders struggle, they start to lose, I start to sweat, but then they win enough to win the division, and playoff bound. Its midnight, but I want to see my team in the playoffs.

First series is a best of five vs. my arch rivals the Pittsburgh Ironmen, The first game goes 10 innings, and the Spiders win on a walk off walk, the 2nd game the Spiders win handily, and the third game is a 11 inning slugfest, winning by a hair. We are in into the NL championship.

Facing off the Detroit Mallards, one game goes extra innings, but the Spiders dominate, as they have vs. the Mallards all year, and win in 5 games to go to the world series.

It might be 1 am, but I am going to watch my team in the world series.

Game 1 is a at the top of the 9th I am down by three runs, my team makes up the gap and its a 14 inning challenge, that the spiders lose.

They step up there game, and by game 5, they lead the series 3-1, I hope that they can win, I want to win a world series.

In the 8th, the Jackalopes from Austin Texas tie up the game, and soon it is the bottom on the ninth, game 5 of the world series and up steps up Hui-Ying Nan.

He knows that we have a runner in scoring position, he also knows the owner has been pressuring me all year to "Get a better Second Baseman" even if Hui-Ying Nan was a upgrade from the previous year and while not a all star, had done quite well. I had even relented and traded for a bigger name 2nd baseman, but the upgrade could not go due to a lingering injury, and so Hui-Ying Nan is up on the plate,

He hits at .254, and is 8th on the batting list, first pitch, strike, 2nd pitch, strike.

Then be becomes a hero, hitting the ball for 409 feet in the bottom of the ninth for a walk off home run to win the world series.

And this is why I love this game.
Attached Images

Last edited by Zedwardson; 07-27-2019 at 03:07 AM.
Zedwardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

OOTPB and I recently celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. The love story continues.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #4
andyhdz
All Star Starter

And if you had lost? Divorce the game?
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote