Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #21
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

It shouldn't be hard to sign all guys to a contract or on the rights to a Drafted guy.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #22
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Yea, for me, it seems like a lot of work in a short amount of time. The OOTP team is not that large.

And at second glance, those first few rounds %s that I mentioned seem like a real bear as well.

For me, if the Draft class is improved significantly, however defined, in the 6/17 patch, it might be worth the wait. If not, no big deal, I'll go ahead and start the game. Sort of more curious to some extent (and I can't wait to start my game too!).

Oh I have a previous league going on, but I play OOTP 12 months of the year. I play out every game. When the draft file is uploaded I do my best to have at least 25 rounds with every play for each team. I create players needed. It's just somethine I love to do. I'm burned out on PT & can't wait for draft files. What I do is draft for every team with players drafted in correct round as best as I can. I'm dunable to work so I stay home 24-7 with too much time on my hands. LOL
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #23
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Oh I have a previous league going on, but I play OOTP 12 months of the year. I play out every game. When the draft file is uploaded I do my best to have at least 25 rounds with every play for each team. I create players needed. It's just somethine I love to do. I'm burned out on PT & can't wait for draft files. What I do is draft for every team with players drafted in correct round as best as I can. I'm dunable to work so I stay home 24-7 with too much time on my hands. LOL
Wow. Yea, I sort of play in long-periods when I can; I play-out all of my games too, so the seasons can take a while.

I actually started two previous MLB Starts with my team following the 2nd patch, but cut them short in the first part of the first season, partly because I messed up the games while playing into the long hours, and partly due to the frustration that resulted.

However, gosh, I'm all-in this time, come rain, snow or what-have-you! As a result, I have decided to wait for the 6/17 patch. And I will likely stick with this MLB Start, till this winter or OOTP 21; perhaps longer. But now, waiting for the 6/17 patch, it's almost like waiting for a cool parcel to be delivered. Really can't wait.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

It'll be at least a few weeks before all the players are even in the db, even once we figure out how to get them onto the right teams in the Live start.

As of this moment I believe we have something like 875 of the 1217 drafted players in our db and everyone taken in rounds 1-11 is in.

So patience is a virtue in this case, we'll get any missing players from the draft added as soon as possible, but it doesn't happen just by snapping our fingers, a lot of time and research has to go into getting their data right and getting them rated correctly (or at least not too wildly far off).

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #25
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
It'll be at least a few weeks before all the players are even in the db, even once we figure out how to get them onto the right teams in the Live start.

As of this moment I believe we have something like 875 of the 1217 drafted players in our db and everyone taken in rounds 1-11 is in.

So patience is a virtue in this case, we'll get any missing players from the draft added as soon as possible, but it doesn't happen just by snapping our fingers, a lot of time and research has to go into getting their data right and getting them rated correctly (or at least not too wildly far off).
On top of this, adding in college stats for the drafted players for say, maybe 600+ players or so JUST for the 2019 draft takes time and investment (school page, roster, stats).
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #26
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
Not to be obtuse but what in the world does that have to do with the questions we are posing? If you are trying to be funny well you failed and if you are trying to act condescending well in that you succeeded.

Nope it was funny as hell. A whole smacking 4 days. The horror.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #27
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Nope it was funny as hell. A whole smacking 4 days. The horror.
Yeah if you are like 5 or 6 sure. So are you?
Old 06-12-2019, 01:02 AM   #28
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Yeah if you are like 5 or 6 sure. So are you?
The one we should find out if he is 5 or 6 is the original poster... I mean come on... like OMG he's had to wait a whole 4 days already and it's still not complete. LOL what an entitled society we live in
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:06 AM   #29
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
The one we should find out if he is 5 or 6 is the original poster... I mean come on... like OMG he's had to wait a whole 4 days already and it's still not complete. LOL what an entitled society we live in
Cannot disagree with you there. Still love this game and I am not really concerned about the drafted players being on the correct rosters as I am about injuries and trades being reflected in Live Updates.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:26 AM   #30
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Cannot disagree with you there. Still love this game and I am not really concerned about the drafted players being on the correct rosters as I am about injuries and trades being reflected in Live Updates.
On the LIVE side, give it some time. That's a lot to add manually to the database.
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote