Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Contradictory behavior: Profile Contact Ratings versus Editor ratings

If you examine this right handed swinging batter, using the versus left and versus right on the player editor you will see that this player's contact score (in the editor) is a little better versus a left hander than a right hander.

If you look at the player profile ratings you will see that this is totally different. The player is far above average versus lefties (among the best in the league), while he is the worst in the league against righties. In other words, unlike the editor ratings for Gap, Power, Eye and Avoid K's which look comparable from the player editor to the player profile, the contact rating is completely divorced from it.

1) this was not the case for this player or any of the other players right after I upgraded to 19. This player for example had a vL editor of 113 and a vR editor of 106, with profile ratings of 43 versus 39. In other words, it tracked pretty closely.

2) recalcing multiple times and reloading the game does not fix this.

3) this difference between the vL contact (95) and the vR contact (23), is not the largest difference in the game. I have a second batter who is 104 (vL), to 25 (vR), and a third that is 105 (vL), ad 76 (vR.) All, by chance, are on one team, all showed reasonable ratings versus the editor. Recalcing and reloading that file did not fix the problem.

4) trading the player to another team and recalcing does not fix the problem.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 07-14-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

See attached compared to OP.

Adding 10 points in the player editor to avoid K's versus RH pitchers only in the editor produces a slight improvement to RHP contact, so it's now equal to LHP contact in the player editor. They both say 113. However, in the ratings, it not only dramatically improves the LH contact (23 to 44), but also dramatically reduces the RH contact (95 to 44.) But now, the relationship between the editor and the profile looks reasonable. Of course, it shouldn't have worked that way, but it looks fine.

1) Recalcing does not change this "fix." It now "looks" reasonable.

2) this "fix" works the same on the other players that looked wrong.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 07-14-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #3
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Now, I've added another 10 points to Avoid K's for the LHP in the editor. Both have now been increased by 10 points each from the original for LHP and RHP side on Avoid K's. In theory, this should improve his overall contact and it does. The editor now suggests his contact ratings have jumped, current, vL, vR and potential as compared to the original numbers in the first post are all up 10 points. However, compared to the first post, the ratings profile says LH contact dropped from 95 to 16, while RH contact went from 23 to 57. Again, recalcing does not change this.

Of course, this raises more questions since improving Avoid K's versus LHP a little has "hurt" LHP contact and enormous amount, while the same amount and direction of improvement versus RHP has helped a ton.

Questions:

1) do batter versus left and batter versus right ratings in the profile have any impact on the game? Which numbers are used to generate in game performance: profile ratings or editor ratings? Afaik, it's the editor ratings.

2) why do small changes in the editor cause dramatic and contradictory changes in the profile ratings?

3) why is this occurring on just 3 or 4 players? (I examined all players in my league under age 30 with at least 500 career MLB plate appearances and no one else was close to having vL and vR differences of 70 points. Nine players have contact rating differences (vR to vL) of as much as 20-29 points. But this player and one more were at 72 and 79. So, outliers.

4) Before anyone wonders, I've tested this using 100% accuracy and it shows slightly different numbers, but essentially identical results. Small changes in the editor, swing contact ratings dramatically, so that a few points added or deleted in the editor can cause 50-70 point swings in the profile ratings.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 07-14-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
SEAfahrer
Bat Boy

Did you ever figure this out?

I have only recently started playing, but have noticed this as well as I have done a lot of prospect editing and the ratings don't match up at all with the graphical representation.

My only hope is that the game uses the numbers strictly and the bars don't influence it.
SEAfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote