Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #41
George_Bell
All Star Starter

25...Thats it!

George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:25 PM   #42
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Ouch
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #43
George_Bell
All Star Starter

So thats 25 grand in pp down the drain. Honestly, it's pretty horrible to open 25 packs and have 1 gold, being an 80 reliever. I really wanted help for the rotation. That didn't happen. I understand this has to happen sometimes, i really do. Unreasonably or not, this turns me so off perfect team. I suspect i won't touch the mode again for a few weeks....

Thanks for joining me. I obviously hoped for something more exciting. Oh well, them the breaks....
Old 12-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #44
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Did you miss his awesome 80-rated Hader card? That's worth like 1000 PP and a bunch of losses if you play him. He's so awful in PT.
Yeah, I’m surprised he doesn’t do better in PT. He was the NL’s top reliever in 2018.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/josh-hade...er-of-the-year
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #45
Galeg
Major Leagues

Were you against using the auction house? Even had you got a great card, the odds of it being a SP are low.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #46
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
Were you against using the auction house? Even had you got a great card, the odds of it being a SP are low.

I thought it would be fun to open a bunch of packs and share it. I thought my team was pretty bad, so buying 25 packs would be a good way to really build a strong base. I expected to reshape my starting pitching staff. As it turns out, i didn't add one card to my rotation....
Old 12-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #47
Galeg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
I thought it would be fun to open a bunch of packs and share it. I thought my team was pretty bad, so buying 25 packs would be a good way to really build a strong base. I expected to reshape my starting pitching staff. As it turns out, i didn't add one card to my rotation....
Fair enough. That does seem like very bad luck. I haven't opened too many packs since beta, but golds seemed a lot more common than in your experience. I just figured if you were set on SP you could do a lot in the AH with 25k.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #48
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, George. That was brutal. You may need to seek help from a professional after a beating like that. You have my sympathy. You also convinced me that there is no point in opening a bunch of packs at once over dribbling out the disappointment.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:18 PM   #49
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
What are the odds of nothing better than one 80?

It doesn't quite answer your question but the odds of there being exactly one gold/diamond/perfect card is 10.7%.

0: 3.0%
1: 10.7%
2: 18.8%
3: 21.9%
4: 19.0%
5: 13.1%
6: 7.5%
7: 3.6%
8: 1.5%
9: 0.6%
10: 0.2%

And the probabilities get smaller and smaller.

So he definitely got unlucky. There was at a 86.3% chance that he'd get at least two gold/diamond/perfects. And the probabilities drop again if you want to know the chance of getting a 80 value card. Since I don't know how many of those exist or the probability of drawing one then it's not really possible to calculate the chance of only drawing an 80 gold.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:57 PM   #50
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Ouch, I feel for you, man. I opened like 10 this morning and got nothing, but to get one of the worse gold cards as the only one? It's times like this that I definitely wonder if going gold packs is the smarter play, actually. Yes, you have less of a chance of those diamonds or perfects, but at least here, had you bought 5 gold packs, you would at least have 5 gold cards to use, and maybe you get lucky and at least get one of those veteran Gold players who sell for 10-20k at auction.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:10 AM   #51
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Ouch, I feel for you, man. I opened like 10 this morning and got nothing, but to get one of the worse gold cards as the only one? It's times like this that I definitely wonder if going gold packs is the smarter play, actually. Yes, you have less of a chance of those diamonds or perfects, but at least here, had you bought 5 gold packs, you would at least have 5 gold cards to use, and maybe you get lucky and at least get one of those veteran Gold players who sell for 10-20k at auction.
When I put $20 in last season, my plan was to open 15 regular and reassess whether to buy two gold with the last 10k. I ran much hotter than this (which wouldn't have been that hard) and ended up buying 25 packs. I think I got 1 diamond and 5 or 6 golds. I won the championship mostly from those pulls. I really can't believe the luck to get one 80 gold and so few silvers even. So much junk.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 12-12-2018 at 12:11 AM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:26 AM   #52
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Maybe a bad time to post this. I’ve had amazing luck to include 3 gold in a pack and also perfect and two gold in a pack
Attached Images
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #53
Scoman
All Star Starter

WoW,looking on the positive side you could have paid cash money for those 25000 PP,at a cost of only 19.99.

Then to have this happen would have been a real blast.

In beta it seemed that opening 25 1000 packs would be better than buying 5 gold packs. After the adjustments they made after beta maybe the opposite is better now?

Last edited by Scoman; 12-12-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #54
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

if its any consolation - you got better cards than I did my last 18 packs

0 golds,
2 silvers
bunch of bronzes - maybe 20 or so
buttloads of commons
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #55
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Sorry that this didn't pan out, but thank you for confirming a lesson a learned in MLB: The Show and carried over to here. Packs are not good investments.

Everybody always likes to post their amazing lucky packs on the forum. But we don't see the posts about the thousands of packs that were a complete waste of points.

Last edited by Maddox; 12-12-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #56
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
Maybe a bad time to post this. I’ve had amazing luck to include 3 gold in a pack and also perfect and two gold in a pack

Happy for you, you only had a few good cards on your team to begin with
BusterKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #57
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Sorry that this didn't pan out, but thank you for confirming a lesson a learned in MLB: The Show and carried over to here. Packs are not good investments.

Everybody always likes to post their amazing lucky packs on the forum. But we don't see the posts about the thousands of packs that were a complete waste of points.
Of course everybody likes to post their lucky packs, nobody is saying they hit them all the time. Do you really want to see every crappy pack posted?

As far as "investment" everybody plays differently but yeah the Auction House is the way to go if you want the most bang for your points. Of course, opening packs is just so much fun though.

I have been keeping tabs of my pack openings since last week. I'll post the results once I figure out how to insert a google sheet.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #58
Morug
Major Leagues

I must be one of the must lucky but having Sale at day one help me a lot.

In around 130 packs, 120 standards and around 10 gold packs, I got like 3 times goldschmidt, Bryant, Cole, Turner, Rob Dibble and some i must forget for diamond. Sale and Degrom for perfect, great gold players I sold at a very high cost in the day one or day two, like Pujols all star, Carlton, Machado, Dwight Evans, like 3-4 Corbin and many more gold players.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #59
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Happy for you, you only had a few good cards on your team to begin with

I just completed a 3 game series with him. I brought the dustpan and he brought the broom.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #60
waylander
Minors (Double A)

I went through a 25 pack with no gold, diamond or perfects. I've also had 25 runs with multiple diamonds and golds. Both are going to happen eventually.

Auction House is going to get you the best value and allow you to pinpoint a weakness. Especially as time goes on and the cards become less rare.

Card packs are gambling. You may get zilch or you might pull a perfect worth 6 figures in PP.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote