Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:12 AM   #1
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

KHL expansion disaster

I used Stockholm Vikings made by guys from this forum and entered the KHL using league structure changes on July 1.

1) I increased the number of Regular Season games to 70, division games to 3 and conference games to 4 - however there are some teams in my division (such as SKA) that I only played once during the season while I had 3 or 4 games against Amur Khabarovsk which is from the damn Far East

2) Probably because of regular season extension, the calendar has been changed significantly - the season started in the beginning of October just like in North America which is fine - however - i still had preseason games starting in the middle of July. Which is absurd

3) This point goes as well for an ordinary KHL playing (without using the expansion tool) - why the hell are my players taken by their national teams for EurohockeyTour games such as Karjala Cup and Channel One Cup??? If you are not aware - I can inform you guys, that every time the national teams play their games of this tournament - there is a 5 days pause in KHL regular season. Not to mention the playoff games!!! I got 5-6 players taken away from my team during the play-off final series!!! Which is absolutely idiotic.

4) And one more point - i didn't get any affiliated team. And the active roster is limited. Which means every time My players are called by their national teams - I don't have enough players to dress up because the active roster is limited. Next July I will be able to extend the size of the roster - however - without a farm club my depth players will be put just in the Reserve list - meaning they will not develop

Huge disappointment.

Last edited by MarkLeo; 10-16-2018 at 08:33 AM.
MarkLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't call it a disaster. I also expanded the KHL and I think it's fun. Most of the issues would be solved by allowing the user to customize a bit more the schedule... especially regarding the Euro Hockey Tour pauses. The division games thing is, in the end, more of a cosmetic thing, it's not like travel is accounted for in the game.
Regarding the playoffs games, yes, it was a problem in FHM4 too...
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What's the most possible teams for the KHL?

NHL/Custom Leagues,for that matter?

No one seems too know or don't want too answer it.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:44 AM   #4
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

I am not sure there is a limit. I tried adding 4-5 teams and reach a total of 30 and I had no problems in the form of crashes and the likes.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:00 AM   #5
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potent...ague_expansion
Old 10-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #6
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
What's the most possible teams for the KHL?

NHL/Custom Leagues,for that matter?

No one seems too know or don't want too answer it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potent...ague_expansion
Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #7
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLeo View Post
I think he talks about the game
Old 10-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLeo View Post
I used Stockholm Vikings made by guys from this forum and entered the KHL using league structure changes on July 1.

1) I increased the number of Regular Season games to 70, division games to 3 and conference games to 4 - however there are some teams in my division (such as SKA) that I only played once during the season while I had 3 or 4 games against Amur Khabarovsk which is from the damn Far East

2) Probably because of regular season extension, the calendar has been changed significantly - the season started in the beginning of October just like in North America which is fine - however - i still had preseason games starting in the middle of July. Which is absurd

3) This point goes as well for an ordinary KHL playing (without using the expansion tool) - why the hell are my players taken by their national teams for EurohockeyTour games such as Karjala Cup and Channel One Cup??? If you are not aware - I can inform you guys, that every time the national teams play their games of this tournament - there is a 5 days pause in KHL regular season. Not to mention the playoff games!!! I got 5-6 players taken away from my team during the play-off final series!!! Which is absolutely idiotic.

Huge disappointment.
The last update fixed the problem with the gap between pre-season and regular season games in generated schedules. If your game was started before that, it wouldn't have had that fix.

The schedule rules options are for Inter-Division and Inter-Conference games, not Intra-. You told the scheduler to try to build a schedule where you play Amur 4 times a year, that's why you're playing them so often.

Building multiple-day programmed pauses into the schedule several times a year, particularly when it needs to end by a specific point and has been expanded by 10 games, is difficult. We'll be working on improving the autoscheduling, but the KHL will likely continue be one of the most challenging schedules for it because of the combination of the structure, timing, and breaks.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:37 AM   #9
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We'll be working on improving the autoscheduling, but the KHL will likely continue be one of the most challenging schedules for it because of the combination of the structure, timing, and breaks.
Wouldn't it be the case to give the user more options like start of the regular season, end of the regular season, tournaments to match the schedule with (to avoid overlapping), and so on?