Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:57 AM   #1
ScorpioSymbol
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fantasy League using historical players?

I see that I can set up a fictional league with historical league structure, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get it to import only real players to that league as well - am I missing something?
ScorpioSymbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Start an historical league, delete the teams and create your own league structure.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

And then use random historical rookies. It's a blast.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:53 PM   #4
MrMoose
Bat Boy

What if I want a reduced scale fictional league using real/historical players? Just for some experimenting I want to use a single-sub-league, two-division (8 teams) structure for the league. I also want to include all five minor league levels. Finally, I want there to be an inaugural draft in this league. What I'm really wanting to see is if/how OOTP scales back the draft pool. I don't want to be stuck with a "stars only" draft pool of real players like so many non-OOTP fantasy baseball leagues end up with.

I am also very disappointed that the Create Fictional League wizard does not seem to work in the manner stated in its description: "Players are real, historical or entirely fictional..." To me, this means that regardless of the structure of my fictional league I should be able to choose from any of these three methods of player creation for it. However, sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that I should be able to create a fictional league and then simply select which of these three types of players I would like for my league!
MrMoose is offline   Reply With Quote