Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #81
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Not everyone has the same amount of disposable income, so it's not the same decision. I remember being poor, it sucked sometimes. Being older and better established now, buying the game is a foregone conclusion for me.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:44 AM   #82
fcabanski
Minors (Double A)

I played 2016 much less than 2015 and 2017 much much less than 2016. There are improvements in the AI and game, but effectively they don't change the game that much. Within a few seasons, unless I apply house rules, as a GM I have a 100+ win team. AI teams don't build very well - no dynasties, no great teams. The longer the league goes on, the more every other team looks the same and has no chance of beating my team.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #83
CrescentMoonie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will expansion in real world leagues continue to only give you one full season Single A affiliate? Will it continue to put 2-3 teams in the same rookie league? Will it continue to put minor league affiliates in cities that are hundred, or thousands, of miles away from where the league is located?

I've barely played this game over recent years after putting in thousands of hours in early versions. The expansion model is completely screwed and they won't admit it. Give us a modicum of control so we can ensure we don't have a complete nonsense minor league world after a couple of rounds of expansion.

Really, just split high A and low A full season leagues as that's how teams have treated them for the last few decades.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #84
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Every year the one feature that I want in OOTP doesn't get added after being promised years ago. And I still buy it every year.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #85
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Give us a modicum of control so we can ensure we don't have a complete nonsense minor league world after a couple of rounds of expansion.
Turn off automatic league evolution. There, problem solved!
Old 03-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #86
T-Bone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Every year the one feature that I want in OOTP doesn't get added after being promised years ago. And I still buy it every year.
What is it?
Old 03-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #87
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars001 View Post
I gladly buy every year to support the developers. I've never been disappointed with a verison. I play the game every day. I can't think of a better or more worthwhile to spend $40. Well worth it.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #88
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
Not everyone has the same amount of disposable income, so it's not the same decision. I remember being poor, it sucked sometimes. Being older and better established now, buying the game is a foregone conclusion for me.
And that's not even considering if there will be problems running a game. It seems like the days of running into hardware problems with games would be over it doesn't seem like we are there yet. I've been been able to afford the hardware to run everything I want but I remember the days of needing to add hardware to run something better than in the basic settings.
It's also not just the money but how much time
You have to put into a game to enjoy it. It's very rare that I can just pick up a game and enjoy it without having to tweak it
Some games like ootp are a joy to tweak to your liking. Others like EA games can be a pain.
Money and Time are one's own preference and I prefer to not choose how it is used for anyone but myself.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:47 PM   #89
CrescentMoonie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Turn off automatic league evolution. There, problem solved!
Even without it, the minor league structure is completely screwed up. It's not that simple. I shouldn't have to edit every single minor league involved with the expansion teams to make sure things actually work and we don't have a "Florida League" rookie team in Altoona or something stupid like that.

Also, it's not too much to ask for the "most accurate" baseball sim to differentiate between A+ and A full league levels since every freaking team in the majors has treated them as separate levels for at least 20 years now.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie; 03-16-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #90
Henry
Hall of Fame

I've purchased versions 3 through 19. That's probably over $400 in 17 years, and to be perfectly honest... I've gotten 10x that number in terms of plain old fun. Case closed.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #91
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Opinions vary.

my annual decision is always first day available YES without seeing one feature. never been disappointed. Cant really think of any other software I have used that has been so consistently worth every penny and more.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 03-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #92
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs2016 View Post
From reading about new additions seems to me its just an updated roster and 3D graphics tweak. So why SHOULD i invest in this game?

Rosters can be updated in OOTP18...
Oh, c'mon! It's WAY more than just an updated roster and 3D graphics tweak. That's like saying the Grand Canyon is just a hole in the ground.

Every year the OOTP team improves on greatness with every game, not just the baseball game. Is it ever going to be perfect? No. And there will invariably be some bugs and patches to fix them within the first couple of weeks of release. That's always going to happen. No game is going to be perfect including OOTP19. If it was, there'd be no need for improvement. Yet they work hard every year on making this game better and more realistic and just by the first impression I got from OOTP19 so far, it's going to be the BEST version of OOTP yet.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it. If you don't want to get it, save your money. As far as I'm concerned, there's a lot worse things you can spend money on at the same price you can get OOTP19. You get what you pay for IMHO and although this game has competitors, there's no competition for OOTP when it comes to realism, quality and customer service.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #93
sentry85
Minors (Single A)

as a guy who hates spending the big bucks on high priced free agents, i need to spend my money on scouting and development. i am super excited to see the new scouting reports and graphs.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #94
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Wait you can get 19 rosters in 18? OOTP 18 was my first game so I am still new. I have the steam version; how do I update the rosters?

Thank you!
Old 03-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #95
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim28 View Post
Wait you can get 19 rosters in 18? OOTP 18 was my first game so I am still new. I have the steam version; how do I update the rosters?

Thank you!
You can't, unless you install a roster mod, but I am not aware of one that's 2018.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #96
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
So why should you buy OOTP 19.

Do you really need a reason?
Ill just quote myself on this!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
Old 03-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #97
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I don't remember if I preordered last year, but let's say I paid $40 for the game. I played it for 237 hours. I wasn't letting the game sim while I was asleep. I was sitting at the computer playing out games, usually while watching MLB. That's about 17 cents per hour of play, and that's roughly an average year. You won't get close to that with most of the games you buy.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
Old 03-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #98
rastyk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

... actually, I'd be surprised if someone weren't impressed by the difference in visuals from even last year. I was thinking about passing but ended up ordering again because

1. the graphics are a lot better with the moving figures vs. the pawns.
2. the buzz on the forums are fun to watch.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #99
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I would buy it if I had Gift Card from Amazon.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #100
pedersenk
Minors (Double A)

wrong thread
Closed Thread