Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
Beef burrito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

3 franchises have disappeared!

Began in year 1969 and just concluded 1977 spring training yesterday. Yesterday when I turned on the game, Milwaukee Brewers, Toronto Blue Jays, and Seattle Mariners have disappeared!

I've no idea what happened. Under "League Settings">"Teams" it no longer lists those 3 teams!

This was first year for the Blue Jays and Mariners, so I'm thinking it has something to do with that.

I tried loading what I thought was a previously saved earlier point in the game, but it brought me to same point in 1977 where teams are missing.

Also all the players have info for another player when you click on their name. For example, when I click on the name Willie Randolph, info for Mike Schmidt appears.

So the game is corrupted, but I don't know why or how.

This is a great game, which I've been enjoying tremendously, but it is very frustrating to invest time into it and then have it essentially destroyed.

I don't want to start a new game until I find out what went wrong with the current one, so that I can be sure it doesn't happen again. Is this a common problem with the game that I should be expecting to happen every few years or so?
Beef burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef burrito View Post
B
I don't want to start a new game until I find out what went wrong with the current one, so that I can be sure it doesn't happen again. Is this a common problem with the game that I should be expecting to happen every few years or so?
It's not a common problem with the game in general at all, but it's possible it could be a common problem for you if there's something on your computer that's causing the corruption, as opposed to just a random one-off crash or something.

Just to provide you with some info that might help prevent a reoccurance in the future, there are a few things that can cause corruption. This potentially includes unexpected system shutdowns or crashes especially while a league is saving, bad sectors on the hard drive the game is saved to, memory glitches on your computer (especially possible if the league is left open for very long periods of time without the game being shut down or restarted) or occasionally interference from other programs.

So it's impossible to say which of those issues caused the problem, but I just mention them to give you some more info that might help prevent a occurrence in the future.

Some of what you might do to prevent that from coming up again would be to regularly defrag your hard drive as well as check it for errors, make sure to occasionally shut your computer off or at least restart it and also run as few other programs in the background at the same time as OOTP as possible. For programs that need to be running at the same time, like an anti-virus or firewall, it's a good idea to add OOTP to their whitelist.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
Beef burrito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you for the helpful and thoughtful response.

My computer did unexpectedly shutdown the last night when all was well in the game. Also, for first time I had downloaded some new logos into a logo folder. So I'm thinking possibly one of those corrupted it.

I also tend to leave computer on days at a time with game on. Plus I often run many programs in the background. So any of those bad habits could have affected it also.

Good news is I was able to load the last game save, which was with 2 days left in 1976 regular season. So, I'll enjoy replaying season from that point forward.

Thanks again for the help and quick response! (This game is AWESOME! That's why I was quite bummed out when I lost those 3 teams. Lesson learned - save more frequently at key points in season.)
Beef burrito is offline   Reply With Quote