Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Need help with budget

In my off season, real tight to the budget, have roughly 3 million for free agents, 7 million for extensions and 3.2 million is cash...need to deal some high price players, and rebuild because my team is not able to compete this season.

In attempting to do it the only interests I am generating is those who want to send back high price players.

My next thing to try is to add cash to the deal, however, I have limited cash to work with.

Any suggestions of how to get out of this hole that I inherited?

Just to note, trading is set at hard with favor prospects.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
kmoser
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra82 View Post
In my off season, real tight to the budget, have roughly 3 million for free agents, 7 million for extensions and 3.2 million is cash...need to deal some high price players, and rebuild because my team is not able to compete this season.

In attempting to do it the only interests I am generating is those who want to send back high price players.

My next thing to try is to add cash to the deal, however, I have limited cash to work with.

Any suggestions of how to get out of this hole that I inherited?

Just to note, trading is set at hard with favor prospects.

One thing you could do is find a team with a big budget in "win now" mode. Change the AI trade thing to "favor veterans" or at least "neutral". This is because since they are in win now mode they would favor veterans over prospects, making it a little more realistic. Then start your trade and try to get what you want.
kmoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
Phantom9in
Minors (Double A)

You could try to do a 1 for 2 trade where the 2 players coming back to you have a combined salary equal to or slightly more than the player you are sending and then flip one of those players to a team that needs him, effectively creating a three team trade.

Phantom9in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser View Post
One thing you could do is find a team with a big budget in "win now" mode. Change the AI trade thing to "favor veterans" or at least "neutral". This is because since they are in win now mode they would favor veterans over prospects, making it a little more realistic. Then start your trade and try to get what you want.
That would be the easy way, going into the settings and changing them to work in your favor is not the way I choose to play the game.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #5
USF
All Star Starter

Be patient and don't stop working the angles you are already trying...
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
kmoser
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
That would be the easy way, going into the settings and changing them to work in your favor is not the way I choose to play the game.

A win now team values good veterans over prospects. Not the other way around.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser View Post
A win now team values good veterans over prospects. Not the other way around.
I understand that a win now team values veterans, they are looking for immediate success. However, changing the game settings is not the way I want to achieve success in the game. I could just go into commish mode if I wanted to and Force Trade.

I want to achieve the success through the parameters that I have established through the Stats Only suggestions way of playing. I like the challenge.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #8
kmoser
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I understand that a win now team values veterans, they are looking for immediate success. However, changing the game settings is not the way I want to achieve success in the game. I could just go into commish mode if I wanted to and Force Trade.

I want to achieve the success through the parameters that I have established through the Stats Only suggestions way of playing. I like the challenge.

Try to add a decent prospect or two to the deal, then maybe they will pull the trigger. You may have to take on someone else's large contract unfortunately. I like the three team trade suggestion above.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #9
smiller
Major Leagues

Try clicking the "make this trade work" button. The other team may give you a list of players that will seal the deal. I found that I sometimes had to give up a good prospect to get rid of high salaried, past their prime players that were clogging up my payroll.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #10
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

If you are looking to shed payroll, try floating your expensive players on waivers. If they're claimed, try dealing with the claiming team before the waiver is executed.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
goroyals
All Star Reserve

If you're going to have to go full rebuild, try to dump any expensive multi-years guys you have for expensive guys who are on expiring deals. It may add a year or two to your timeline when it comes to winning it all, but you'll be out sooner than if you just ride it out with what you have. You may also be able to get a prospect or two as a throw in. Also, if you're exchanging equal talent, you should be able to keep the record up and avoid getting canned, as well as keep butts in the seats, until you've got the funding to make your push.
goroyals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #12
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by goroyals View Post
If you're going to have to go full rebuild, try to dump any expensive multi-years guys you have for expensive guys who are on expiring deals. It may add a year or two to your timeline when it comes to winning it all, but you'll be out sooner than if you just ride it out with what you have. You may also be able to get a prospect or two as a throw in. Also, if you're exchanging equal talent, you should be able to keep the record up and avoid getting canned, as well as keep butts in the seats, until you've got the funding to make your push.
That is an idea that I did not consider
Old 12-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

The budget feature is broken. There should be a payroll number but instead there's this nebulous "payroll" feature which screws up my leagues because OOTP's math is messed up. I've only been banging this drum for eight years...
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote