Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 08-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #161
pens66
Major Leagues

It it so depressing/funny/ridiculous/sad/amazing (take your pick, I can't decide right now) that this discussion is going on once again.
Interestingly enough some different people are now leading this discussion, but they are still sayin the same things I/we have said over the last year or so.

And with that I go back to my hiding place where I've been for the last five months, shaking my head and waiting for anything to change here. Sadly: No progress.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:35 AM   #162
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Hate to sound like I'm taking the developers' side in what has really been a terribly mismanaged mess of a release. But I don't see much point in posting screenshots of something that may be totally different by the time it's released.Even with the disclaimer you suggest, that would still verge on the kind of false advertising they were accused of after posting a feature list in their blurbs containing stuff that wasn't in the game.
I guess I must have forgotten just how stupid people can be. Getting annoyed because something listed as a feature of the game that isn't there I can understand. Claiming a work in progress shot is false advertising is idiotic.
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #163
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Dave1927p, I'm sure you know that an "official update" doesn't have to consist purely of a release date. Just coming on and telling folks how it's going at the moment would keep a lot of people happier. Maybe the folks upstairs don't think that sort of post would be valuable enough to bother with, but given the number of people asking for some kind of communication, I'd say it would be worth the fairly minimal effort involved.

Jeff has provided that update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
(My original post was quoted here, but I had to remove it, sorry - Jeff. Explanation back in my original post.)

Last edited by JeffR; 08-27-2014 at 04:57 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #164
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

It's always better to provide updates when the community starts questioning what's going on, when the last update previously from OOTP seemingly seemed to be the at the end of July almost one month ago, by Sebastien...Now that we have another update from Jeff, we can wait another 2-3 weeks before questioning what's going on again...That's when someone needs to take look and let us know...Before it gets outta hand again.... Or..try the silence route and see what happens...Anyhow keep up the hard good work.
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #165
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Jeff has provided that update.

[/I]
spitfire that was the sound of dave1927p our FHM Moderator towing the party line
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #166
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Wait.. That was an update..

Quote:
giving you any more details about what's going on could result in things getting delayed even further.
That reads as 'if we tell you what poor state the update is in, then people are going to kick off even more'. Personally, i think that the final patch will come out when FHM15 does almost as a demo.

I think i'm done waiting. That last 'update' is far too shady for my liking and hints at purposely holding off information. I doubt (like many) that i'll be buying another product from OOTP.
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #167
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
spitfire that was the sound of dave1927p our FHM Moderator towing the party line
Just like any other user or tester/researcher, I know nothing more than what Jeff posted earlier on. I have absolutely no idea what the cause of the delay is. Like most users here, I'm saddened and frustrated that FHM 14's development has been rocky.

However, what more can Jeff or the other devs do? They've been honest throughout. Yes, there have been some overly ambitious targets/features promised that haven't yet been delivered, BUT if Jeff says that releasing more info may delay things further then I'm sure there's a good reason for that. I don't think it's fair to say either Dave or Jeff are simply towing the party line. They're just trying to give the users at least some form of update. Jeff/Sebastian/Malte could equally just have ignored the recent posts in here or just made something up - but they didn't.

That said, I do wish OOTP would learn not to over-promise and under-deliver. Promising x number of updates per week or that FHM 15 would be released in October seemed ambitious to many the moment these promises were posted. This really doesn't help things. But equally, nor does it help to throw accusations around (hence I tend to ignore the public forum - I find it a largely aggressive place to visit).
Old 08-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #168
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindline View Post
Speaking as someone who probably should have shown more patience than I did after having been following FHM for so long, I believe a little more communication could be vastly beneficial to calm the waters.

All it takes is a couple of sentences once a week just to keep us feeling involved. I appreciate the team are trying to focus on the coding and to avoid saying too much to artificially raise expectations (which in itself shows the team are listening to us I guess) but a quick hello shouldn't compromise these intentions.

If Sebastian, Jeff or whoever simply posted "made some progress this week but our coding for the match engine was slow going. Hoping to resolve the major issues in the near future" and I know that would be enough for me to feel reassured.

I realize that sometimes there is little good news but I think people generally understand and accept that if they feel that they have previously heard about progress.
That's the big problem right now.. Judging from what Jeff said, there has not been much progress and apparently there might be some bigger issues

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #169
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
But equally, nor does it help to throw accusations around (hence I tend to ignore the public forum - I find it a largely aggressive place to visit).
I don't think that accusations are being thrown around. The update is that there is NO update just waffle. The OOTP team are only displaying a very vague honesty because they aren't actually saying anything.

This product is way behind where it should be after nearly a year. A patch and a new version are now going to be delayed. Some communication and a bit of real honesty is all people are asking for and as customers and potential buyers of future versions should expect.

Last edited by Penfold75; 08-26-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #170
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

Well I'm very satisfied now with the recent dialogue... I can wait longer knowing what's going on...It might not be where we'd like it to be but it's getting there now we just gotta wait. We can wait another 2-3 Weeks I think but we'll need to keep informed about it in that time. I suggest another update about it in 2-3 weeks...We can speculate and talk about it but we got our update on what's going on. We don't need another for now...
Old 08-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #171
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdamBn View Post
I guess I must have forgotten just how stupid people can be. Getting annoyed because something listed as a feature of the game that isn't there I can understand. Claiming a work in progress shot is false advertising is idiotic.
Stupid and idiotic eh? Well, you're entitled to your opinion. If posting screenshots of something that might not even make it into the final patch strikes you as a good idea, who am I to argue?
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #172
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsquasher View Post
Well I'm very satisfied now with the recent dialogue... I can wait longer knowing what's going on...It might not be where we'd like it to be but it's getting there now we just gotta wait. We can wait another 2-3 Weeks I think but we'll need to keep informed about it in that time. I suggest another update about it in 2-3 weeks...We can speculate and talk about it but we got our update on what's going on. We don't need another for now...
How exactly do you know "it's getting there?"

Actually we know nothing at all. All we have to go on is the product itself, what they sell us, which has improved very little over two years. Eventually hope has to turn to reality and see what is actually been manifested.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behaviour.

Asking for updates or communication is long gone. That was asked for 8 months ago with little response.

People should be asking "show us specifically what you are doing so we can decide ourselves if this game will really improve, or will just be promises that washed away in the wind."
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #173
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
How exactly do you know "it's getting there?"

Actually we know nothing at all. All we have to go on is the product itself, what they sell us, which has improved very little over two years. Eventually hope has to turn to reality and see what is actually been manifested.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behaviour.

Asking for updates or communication is long gone. That was asked for 8 months ago with little response.

People should be asking "show us specifically what you are doing so we can decide ourselves if this game will really improve, or will just be promises that washed away in the wind."
I agree but..I already vented my frustrations and come to grip with it. You will too.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #174
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Jeff has provided that update.[/I]
Yes he has. My point is that I think things would have gone a lot smoother on this forum if Jeff or someone had been doing that all along, letting people in on what's been going on on a regular bi-weekly basis. But that's old news by now. There were a few efforts along that line, but they always petered out. At this point it's probably unrealistic to expect anything different from the established norm.
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #175
BradC
All Star Starter

I'm privy to the reasons for the current delay, and I can confirm that what Jeff wrote is the extent of what can be said right now. We wish we could be more forthcoming but we can't. It's as simple as that.

We knew Jeff's post would likely cause more frustration, but we also felt it was better than continuing to say nothing. It really is a "between a rock and a hard place" kind of situation, and I don't know if we'll ever be able to fully explain the reasons for the delay.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #176
grindline
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
I'm privy to the reasons for the current delay, and I can confirm that what Jeff wrote is the extent of what can be said right now. We wish we could be more forthcoming but we can't. It's as simple as that.

We knew Jeff's post would likely cause more frustration, but we also felt it was better than continuing to say nothing. It really is a "between a rock and a hard place" kind of situation, and I don't know if we'll ever be able to fully explain the reasons for the delay.
If you're saying it's definitely a delay and not a cancellation then I guess I live with the lack of details.
grindline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #177
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:

Something, anything would be nice.. is it licensing? Personnel? Coding has hit a wall?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #178
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:

More meaningless and pointless waffle. I don't believe that OOTP can't share some insight into why the delay or whatever it is has happened. I don't believe there is a single reason for the delay that the user community couldn't handle if it was explained even in the most basic terms.

I think that to offer no explanation is treating the people who have invested money and time since the beta stages of this game in a pretty disrespectful manner and certainly not a way that I would conduct myself as an IT professional.

What you will do with this cloak and dagger form of non-communication is isolate your users and lose potential and/or new customers for the next version.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #179
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Something, anything would be nice.. is it licensing? Personnel? Coding has hit a wall?
I kinda wish there was a timetable or something...Like when is the new FHM 15 going to be released? Three months? The patch should be out next week? 2 weeks? one month? 2 months? The final patch after the patch we've been waiting for? 2 months? The hockey season Starts soon. What a perfect time to sell the game! Unless...They're doing another roster update on the current version? That would take very long indeed...oh well...wait and see what happens.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #180
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

There isn't one person here that doesn't want a release date. But at the other end none of us want anything rushed. We saw what happened last time that happened. It was a disaster. This community was not a good place to be and rightfully so. The one thing for certain is that I know these guys are not giving up on the game. They take a lot of heat but they keep working away.

In the end, we all want the same thing. We just have to wait longer than anyone wanted for it.