Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #401
skottep
Bat Boy

Reporting four bugs - Playing historical game 1981-1982 season

Hi, I have started a historical game as the Vancouver Canucks from 1981-1982. Here are the four bugs I have currently encountered, in order.
  1. 1
When responding to a message on the trade players screen, or via the manager news page, sometimes the button with options at the bottom right of the screen opens down (off screen) instead of up when I click on it, resulting in me not being able to see or use any of the response options. Since I cannot resize the window real time, I am unable to reply, respond, etc.
  1. 2
Whenever I try to click on any player ratings, stats, etc. tabs from the Richard Brodeur player screen, the game crashes.
  1. 3
I completed a trade in the game on 20/09/1981, yet I still get 4 messages almost every date saying the same trade has been ACCEPTED. This fills my inbox quite quickly with the duplicate messages.
  1. 4
I reached a point in the game (27/10/81) where I cannot continue the game without clicking on the AI setup organization button. One of my defensemen was injured in practice, resulting in me not wanting to play him. I could not scratch him (right clicking on him did not bring up that option. So, I figured maybe I could put him to the Injury List, then bring another player up from reserve and dress him. I cannot dress anyone else, even though I cannot proceed because I have an incomplete game roster. No player now has the scratch or dress option. This resulted in me having to press the AI setup organization button just to see if I could get through the date. I could advance through the day to the game but if course it changed my entire organization. As of now I still cannot advance the game manually the way I want. I will be forced to try and start a new historical game if this isn't fixed.

Thank you
skottep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #402
SharksAttack
Minors (Single A)

NHL season 78-79 doesn't work right. Regular season was scheduled to end in July and there wasn't playoffs.
SharksAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #403
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Washington and Los Angeles being in the same division was beyond dumb.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #404
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I started a historical 1993-94 game for Whalers. I simmed a season, missed the playoffs, simmed until July, 10. That's when game told me it is a "1993 expansion draft" going to happen and "please go to draft page". I clicked the link and FHM simple closed without a trace. Also there was no way to trade for entry draft picks (and no signs of future entry draft at all). But I was able to trade for Sabres' round 1 "expansion picks" for the next three years.

Is the game still at pre-alpha stage?
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #405
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK, I started a new game as 1947 Red Wings. I signed a bunch of free agents. Now I'm at October 1st and it says "too many players on protected list". I can't release any of them ("allowed only in offseason"), I can't send them anywhere, and I just can't continue the game.

Is this the game? Are you kidding me? What did you do all this time? Why just not postpone the release date?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #406
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok, I started another game as 1988 Jets. I decided not to sign any UFA's at all to avoid problems. At the beginning I sent a few players to reserve list. Some of them needed to clear waivers, i.e. #99 Gilles Hamel (did he really wear 99?). I simmed few days and a message popped up: "John Doe wasn't claimed, release him for 10000$ over 10 years?". I accepted (not John Doe, I don't remember who I had released). There were never any messages about any other waived player (there were 5-8). I simmed further (October, 6th) and noticed an interesting thing: Gilles Hamel, who was also waived before, is on my protected list. And he's nowhere else. I can't release him, I can't play him, I can't move him to or out of reserve list. Other waived players are also there, I believe. Nothing I can do about them.

So the question is: OOTPD-team! Did you ever tried to play FHM-historical by yourselves? It is completely unplayable!!!

Best regards,
Without any hope for an answer,
Yours, Alexander.

P.S.: I quit trying!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #407
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelt View Post
OK, I started a new game as 1947 Red Wings. I signed a bunch of free agents. Now I'm at October 1st and it says "too many players on protected list". I can't release any of them ("allowed only in offseason"), I can't send them anywhere, and I just can't continue the game.

Is this the game? Are you kidding me? What did you do all this time? Why just not postpone the release date?
Is there no option to Buy Out Contract? There was when I played Historical
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #408
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
So I started a historical 1993-94 game for Whalers. I simmed a season, missed the playoffs, simmed until July, 10. That's when game told me it is a "1993 expansion draft" going to happen and "please go to draft page". I clicked the link and FHM simple closed without a trace. Also there was no way to trade for entry draft picks (and no signs of future entry draft at all). But I was able to trade for Sabres' round 1 "expansion picks" for the next three years.

Is the game still at pre-alpha stage?
When you started the Historical mode did you choose the right option to enable the Entry Draft rather than just have players appear on the roster of the team they historically started on?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #409
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Ok, I started another game as 1988 Jets. I decided not to sign any UFA's at all to avoid problems. At the beginning I sent a few players to reserve list. Some of them needed to clear waivers, i.e. #99 Gilles Hamel (did he really wear 99?). I simmed few days and a message popped up: "John Doe wasn't claimed, release him for 10000$ over 10 years?". I accepted (not John Doe, I don't remember who I had released). There were never any messages about any other waived player (there were 5-8). I simmed further (October, 6th) and noticed an interesting thing: Gilles Hamel, who was also waived before, is on my protected list. And he's nowhere else. I can't release him, I can't play him, I can't move him to or out of reserve list. Other waived players are also there, I believe. Nothing I can do about them.

So the question is: OOTPD-team! Did you ever tried to play FHM-historical by yourselves? It is completely unplayable!!!

Best regards,
Without any hope for an answer,
Yours, Alexander.

P.S.: I quit trying!
One of two things to try ....

1) Goto your Reserve List and right click Hamel and choose "Move to Active Roster" ... that option will not appear if your in the Protected List view

2) If #1 doesn't work when you're in Reserve List there should be "Offer Contract" as for whatever reason when he was sent down it voided his contract

PS : While I personally have a lot of issues with the state of the game (balance, some bugs, some things not being handled as per real world rules) ... the game is certainly not "Unplayable" ... I've simmed multiple seasons and have had no issues

Last edited by Mordrehl; 10-09-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #410
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Is there no option to Buy Out Contract? There was when I played Historical
There was. When I click it, it says "buyouts allowed only in offseason".
Old 10-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #411
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
When you started the Historical mode did you choose the right option to enable the Entry Draft rather than just have players appear on the roster of the team they historically started on?
All checkboxes were checked before the start of the game. Including "hold expansion draft", "draft rookies", "generate rookies at age 17".
Old 10-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #412
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

1) Goto your Reserve List and right click Hamel and choose "Move to Active Roster" ... that option will not appear if your in the Protected List view

2) If #1 doesn't work when you're in Reserve List there should be "Offer Contract" as for whatever reason when he was sent down it voided his contract

PS : While I personally have a lot of issues with the state of the game (balance, some bugs, some things not being handled as per real world rules) ... the game is certainly not "Unplayable" ... I've simmed multiple seasons and have had no issues
Hamel (and other waived players) are not shown in my reserve list. They are invisible everywhere, except "protected list".
---
EDIT: Hamel is also visible in "contract max" tab. If I right-click his name I can choose "buyout rights". However this doesn't help: the game says "It's only possible to release player during offseason".
---

Ok, I believe the game is playable if you allow your assistant run your team. Or simply simulate season after season, without taking any actions.

Last edited by kelt; 10-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #413
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Hamel (and other waived players) are not shown in my reserve list. They are invisible everywhere, except "protected list".

Ok, I believe the game is playable if you allow your assistant run your team. Or simply simulate season after season, without taking any actions.
Considering I've encountered none of the issues you describe above, I am unsure what to tell you

I've signed free agents in Historical, bought them out, never had an issue with too many on the Protected List (releasing the ones not in contract)

I've been able to hold the entry draft and expansion drafts (and no, you can't trade for Expansion picks, not implemented and usually didn't happen in real life")
Old 10-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #414
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Considering I've encountered none of the issues you describe above, I am unsure what to tell you

I've signed free agents in Historical, bought them out, never had an issue with too many on the Protected List (releasing the ones not in contract)

I've been able to hold the entry draft and expansion drafts (and no, you can't trade for Expansion picks, not implemented and usually didn't happen in real life")
Well, thank you anyway for trying to be helpful. All three of my games are saved. If only someone from development team were interested...

That's the screenshot about draftpicks (it says I CAN trade for expansion picks yeah, that's stupid, I can't understand... Sabres expansion picks, round 1, years 95,96,97... WTF? And where are "entry draft" picks?):

Last edited by kelt; 10-09-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #415
landru22
Major Leagues

After playing around with a custom game a little more, I have noticed a few more problems.

1)I am the commissioner in a league where there are no human (at the moment) GM's. As commish I should be able to change a player's role on his team, but I don't seem to have that ability. I can edit just about everything else about the players, but to change his role I have to "Take Over Team".

2)My league has no shootout, with a five minute ot. No point is awarded for losing in ot. If tied after ot it goes down as a draw. However, the standings do not reflect when a team loses in ot. In leagues like this, an ot loss should be in the same column as a regulation loss.

3)This has been posted to death, but I also don't like the total domination of teams on their home ice. The team with the worst record in the league was well over .500 at home but only won 3 games on the road. Please adjust this.

Thanks for reading.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #416
thepete
Minors (Double A)

When asking the assistant to do the line-up for you...pretty self-explanatory what the problem is.
Attached Images
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #417
giammarcor
Bat Boy

Still unable to trade for draft picks in historical mode

Anyone else seeing this?? Draft picks is not an option when trading in historical mode. I see only options to trade for other team players and other team rights, no draft picks.
giammarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #418
Meanie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

PP Chances and SH Chances

My Observations of FHM 2014:

On “Team Home Screen”
PP Chances and SH Chances do not seem to be working.
“Who’s Hot” and “Who’s Not” is not working.

I would rather see the team “Schedule and Results” in calendar form as it is in OOTP as well as the format that is currently being used.

The Right mouse button seems to have no function. Maybe use it for a quick way to go back a page?

I can’t find players “shootout” stats. If it isn’t being kept track of, it should be.

I am guessing a scouting system is in the works. I love it in OOTP Baseball and can’t wait to see it here.

The amount of penalties called seems to be a bit low. (After a little more gameplay the penalty calling seems to be just fine. The refs must have been a wee bit weary at the time I posted this. )

The play-by-play seems like a shooting gallery. There are no descriptions of teams moving the puck. I hate to mention a competitor’s product, but APBA Hockey has very good play-by-play that give you a good picture of the flow of the game. I see nothing wrong with checking out the competition to see what I feel is missing.

I would like to see the “flags” that pinpoint where shots are made from be color coded as they are in the description of the shots.

NOTE: I just purchased FHM 2014 on October 10 and these are just things I notice while just simming most of a season as a spectator. I have yet to go “hands on”. I hope my observations, and the observations of other OOTP fans, can help you make FHM as good as OOTP Baseball, which is by far, the best sports simulator ever made!
Great job so far and keep up the good work!!!

Thanks!

Mean1

Last edited by Meanie; 10-11-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Added more observations.
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #419
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:

While the game might function, people expect an experience. If they don't get that experience, some might view said game as "unplayable."

For (a hypothetical) example, IF I booted up Half Life, and all I could do is turn around in a circle, and swing at things with my crowbar, but I cannot move from the spot that I am in, and monsters just keep coming and coming, the game is playable, but it is not the experience I would expect from it.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #420
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Contract Renewal Skips 2014/15 Season

When you renew a contract in the 2013/14 season the renewed contract details skip the 2014/15 season and start in the 2015/16 season (and go for how many years the renewed contract is for).

Not sure how this will affect game play, but this is true for all contract renewals.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote