Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 09-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

New To Game! Most Up-To-Date? + Questions

1: What is the most up to date database I can get? I want to do a current day game. I did the 'update data pool' or whatever thing and unless something glitched I don't even have Marcos Maidana, Juan Manuel Lopez, etc. let alone the mid-level fringe condensers that'd be the heart and soul of the Uni like a Josesito Lopez or Beibut Shumenov.

2: Is there a guide on this game to better learn what certain variables mean? There are some options that I don't understand what they do like 'Min career start'.

3: Do you have to watch a bout in order to read what happened or is that what the 'save' tickbox is for?

Please help! I want to start doing some unis for you! I've got some things worked out in my tests that are cool.

PS: Much appreciated would also be an updated venues file (missing Cowboys Stadium as well as O2 Arena, for instance.) and a judges file with bias ratings so I can use real judges instead of having to make a bunch.
Chadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1: What is the most up to date database I can get? I want to do a current day game. I did the 'update data pool' or whatever thing and unless something glitched I don't even have Marcos Maidana, Juan Manuel Lopez, etc. let alone the mid-level fringe condensers that'd be the heart and soul of the Uni like a Josesito Lopez or Beibut Shumenov.
The update data pool should do it for you, can't really go into much more detail as don't personally use that function.

Quote:
2: Is there a guide on this game to better learn what certain variables mean? There are some options that I don't understand what they do like 'Min career start'.
Here is the manual for TB2

"Min career start" - my understanding is that this is when a boxer turns professional, hence the start of their career.

Quote:
3: Do you have to watch a bout in order to read what happened or is that what the 'save' tickbox is for?
You're correct, yes the save tickbox, sends all your fight logs into your "Bouts" folder, ie.

C:\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5\SavedGames\--Name of Universe--\Bouts

Quote:
PS: Much appreciated would also be an updated venues file (missing Cowboys Stadium as well as O2 Arena, for instance.) and a judges file with bias ratings so I can use real judges instead of having to make a bunch.
Afraid I cannot help you with either or these, as not at my computer with TB installed, and have not really been working on my database too much lately. Best of luck with the search though.

bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

I've been combing the 'Miscellaneous Fighters' thread and taking guys of interest. I searched the forum and there is still no Art Hovhanissyan (hard name, may be off) even though the guy he just destroyed (Archie Ray Marquez) was rated. Hoping to get him soon as I liked him.

Found the manual.

And, I mean when you first begin a Uni and it says two values minimum career start and maximum career start. Not in the manual either.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadness View Post
And, I mean when you first begin a Uni and it says two values minimum career start and maximum career start. Not in the manual either.
I believe it is the same, have never personally used that feature either.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
Cocoon of Horror
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I've been combing the 'Miscellaneous Fighters' thread and taking guys of interest. I searched the forum and there is still no Art Hovhanissyan (hard name, may be off) even though the guy he just destroyed (Archie Ray Marquez) was rated. Hoping to get him soon as I liked him.
Jackyle rated him here, spelling it Hovhannesyan. Meanwhile, have you done both steps to update the data pool? After you click "Update data pool" on the main screen, you have to go into your universe and click the "Update from pool" button (it's in the bottom right corner) for the changes to take effect there.

Last edited by Cocoon of Horror; 09-14-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Cocoon of Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoon of Horror View Post
Jackyle rated him here, spelling it Hovhannesyan. Meanwhile, have you done both steps to update the data pool? After you click "Update data pool" on the main screen, you have to go into your universe and click the "Update from pool" button (it's in the bottom right corner) for the changes to take effect there.
Yeah, I ended up getting the updates figured out.

Are there any utilities made to give RGFs height/reach? Haha sorry for asking something totally different now but it's what I've happened across in messing around more that I'd like to fix.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are there any utilities made to give RGFs height/reach? Haha sorry for asking something totally different now but it's what I've happened across in messing around more that I'd like to fix.
You could make a simple excel spreedsheet that gives you such results;

For each division set height parameters, for instance:

Heavyweight - Height >5'10", <6'10

And then insert a formula to calculate the reach from height. Below is a look at some Heavyweights using a simple method of converting their height into inches.

So taking a look at Joe Louis. His height was 6 foot 2 inches, which using are simple method equals 74 inches.

His actual reach was 76 inches.

+2

Here are some others:

Rocky Marciano, height 5 foot 11 inches. Method equals 71 inches.

His actual reach was 67 inches.

Jersey Joe Walcott height 6 foot dead. Method equals 72 inches.

His actual reach was 74 inches.

+2

Sonny Liston, height 6 foot and half an inch. Method equals 72 and a half inches.

His actual reach was 84 inches.

+11½

Cleveland Williams, height 6 foot 3 inches, Method equals 75.

His actual reach was 80 inches.

+5

So you could just add a random variable factor on top of the simple method of converting their height to inches.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Thought I best follow up on my suggestion, attached a simple excel sheet to random generator your boxer's height and reach.

Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Height & Reach Generator.zip (16.3 KB, 93 views)
Old 09-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #9
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

Interesting. I've seen some stuff about excel on the forums and have never used it. Is it easy to begin using to do my own utilities? Cause maybe I can create a system for aging off of it.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:34 AM   #10
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

It's fairly simple, as there is so much information on the web, if at any point you ever get stuck.

As everything, it depends how complex you want your end product.