Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2002, 04:19 AM   #1
TommyBoy
Minors (Double A)

Question the difference in online leagues?

I'm looking for some input on the OOTP online leagues. I've joined one where you don't need the OOTP game and all games are simmed from the commish. I remember reading that there are some leagues where you MUST have the game and you play your home games. Is this still so? If so, what are the pros and cons of each?

I'm brand new in the online league thing and joined mainly because I read here that you are missing %50 of the fun if you're not in an online league. If you have any advice to offer, please help a newbie out.
TommyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:49 AM   #2
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

There are other leagues where you must own the game and you make the changes, do your research etc. on your own computer and then send the commish an export file which they import with all your lineups, rotations, etc. and the commish then runs the sim.

So a third layer to the complexity..
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 11:33 AM   #3
DaCubFan
Minors (Triple A)

I have only been an OOTP owner for less than a month, and I have to say that if you belong to a league and don't own the game you are missing everything. I look forward to downloading the daily file to see things that you can't without ownership. I enjoy all of OOTP's features so much, that I shy away from leagues that don't require ownership, even though I would like to possibly get involved with a second league. My advice is to get the game and enjoy the full league benefits. It'll be one of the best investments that you ever made!
Old 01-18-2002, 11:36 AM   #4
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

[quote]Originally posted by DaCubFan:
<strong>I have only been an OOTP owner for less than a month, and I have to say that if you belong to a league and don't own the game you are missing everything. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree here, & you are also at a big disadvantage playing with others that have the game.

BTW - I think the OOTP "play your own games at home" leagues are very rare.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 11:39 AM   #5
womalley
Bat Boy

I just recently joined my first online league and I am really having a blast. In my league we are limited to the GM role and the commish sims the games (the third level as mentioned above), I think that this system offers a happy medium to the options mentioned above. I think that the more time that the league requires of the collected owners, the more likely there will be breakdowns as some people are not as dedicated as others.
womalley is offline   Reply With Quote