Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Cheesehead
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Settings for historical sims?

I'm running the Lahman database and it seems to be working fine - Cardinals have been dominant, though. 20 series appearances and 9 championships from 1920 to 1945!

What settings are people using? I deselected amateur draft so rookies go to their historic team. Also I deselected trades to try to keep people on thier historic teams although I forgot to deselect free agency so people have been still moving around.

Just wondering what people are doing to get the most accurate results.
Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter

I generally set trades to low, and trading difficulty to high (on a guess that this may improve trading AI even between AI teams?).

Ageing modifiers seem to be the other one to play with. I've used 1.100 for hitters, 0.9 for pitchers. I plan to increase the pitcher to 0.950 in about 1921, then to 0.975 in about 1945. For hitters, I might increase to 1.15 in 1945, maybe a little higher in the modern era after seeing how it goes.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead
I'm running the Lahman database and it seems to be working fine - Cardinals have been dominant, though. 20 series appearances and 9 championships from 1920 to 1945!

What settings are people using? I deselected amateur draft so rookies go to their historic team. Also I deselected trades to try to keep people on thier historic teams although I forgot to deselect free agency so people have been still moving around.

Just wondering what people are doing to get the most accurate results.
you could disable the financial aspect of the game.... that way it would be a better match to those old days where players were stuck with the same team unless they were traded away.

turning trades to low (or even off) is a good plan too.... I've been experimenting with a historical sim starting in 1903... by July 1903, the Browns had traded away all but two of their pitchers, so I couldn't go any further until they got the minumum number of pitchers on their staff...

maybe the Browns owner felt he could ride those two guys for the last 3-4 months of the year...
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote