Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 08-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #1
mibstingray2
Bat Boy

Exclamation ootp 8 error message

I am trying career mode in OOTP 8 free. I started in the 2007 season, and have made it to the ML in 2010. I am at June 29, 2010.

Whenever I try to advance one day, I get the error message
"Northern Division HAS NO PITCHER AVAILABLE"

when I click OK, I get
"GAME:: no starter substitute found!"

when I click OK;
"No starting pitcher found!"

when I click OK;
"Southern Division HAS NO PITCHER AVAILABLE"

when I click OK, I get
"GAME:: no starter substitute found!"

This error keeps repeating forever.

All of the minor league All Star games have already been played, and the MLB All Star game is July 13. I completed and sent in the manual All-Star game ballot on June 29, in an attempt to rectify this error.
mibstingray2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
mibstingray2
Bat Boy

Thanks

Thanks for the crickets

Thanks for the lack of support, or even acknowledging a question.

Thanks for the previous version of OOTP page https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp-prior-version/ which doesn't download a goddamn thing.

Thanks for making your downloads section the worst I've ever seen.

Thanks for making your steam version AND your local version separate, so I have to spend $80 on a game, that you havent convinced me is worth the $40 for either version.

Thanks for making ootp 8 full version with soooo many bugs, crashes, and issues, that I have these doubts.

Thanks for saving me money on buying a new game.

Most of all, thanks for making me look around for other baseball games, namely Baseball Moguls.

You would think, in the middle of a pandemic, with make believe baseball in real life,you would be trying to take advantage of ANY interest in your game to fill in the lack of real baseball.

The best game, doesn't mean $hit, if there is a lack of support, or lack of caring about customers. EA Sports made me feel that same way, about 15 years ago, and I havent played one of their games since.

Again, THANKS for NOTHING.

Last edited by mibstingray2; 08-21-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:14 PM   #3
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibstingray2 View Post
Thanks for the crickets

Thanks for the lack of support, or even acknowledging a question.

Thanks for the previous version of OOTP page https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp-prior-version/ which doesn't download a goddamn thing.

Thanks for making your downloads section the worst I've ever seen.

Thanks for making your steam version AND your local version separate, so I have to spend $80 on a game, that you havent convinced me is worth the $40 for either version.

Thanks for making ootp 8 full version with soooo many bugs, crashes, and issues, that I have these doubts.

Thanks for saving me money on buying a new game.

Most of all, thanks for making me look around for other baseball games, namely Baseball Moguls.

You would think, in the middle of a pandemic, with make believe baseball in real life,you would be trying to take advantage of ANY interest in your game to fill in the lack of real baseball.

The best game, doesn't mean $hit, if there is a lack of support, or lack of caring about customers. EA Sports made me feel that same way, about 15 years ago, and I havent played one of their games since.

Again, THANKS for NOTHING.
Srsly, dude?

You're getting this upset about a lack of support for a 14 year-old game that's been provided as a free demo?

C'mon now. Take a breath and turn the computer off. Go read a book or something. Hug your loved ones.

After that, if you're still really upset, why not PM one of the devs with the issue you're having? They're active on the boards and pretty responsive to questions.

Also...

Quote:
Perhaps this is a browser issue on your side because I'm having no trouble downloading any of the PC demos for any of the versions on that page.

If you do find you're able to download the PC demos (I'm assuming you're using Windows rather than Mac or Linux) try the demo for OOTP19. That'll give you a much better idea of the current OOTP game play.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:42 PM   #4
mibstingray2
Bat Boy

Not worth the money

Waited a while to test, retest and even try to solve a host of different problems that is, this franchise. Also, wanted to be sure to articulately line item critique your reply as you so thoughtfully did mine. About my history. I started playing OOTP on version 4, YEP. played in leagues with v5,6, 8, 11, got bored AF with everything being text. Yeah, sim is OK, but you cant "manage" a game. It's just click and hope. No physical feedback as to the pitcher, players, etc, so the observation side of baseball is ignored. Even a game called TONY LARUSSA ULTIMATE BASEBALL, written in the 90s had THAT, and you could call pitches!. A text game is just a not have to roll the dice like Strat-O-matic or APBA in this modern world. Yeah, had both of those in the 70s.

Quote:
>>>> You're getting this upset about a lack of support for a 14 year-old game that's been provided as a free demo?
I was asking a Fing question originally. I'm upset about the sports industries' pissed poor customer support. Something the evil EA implemented with their "We don't care" support stance, as soon as they got the NFL exclusive deal, and seems to have been adopted by virtually every company since.

I used a backup from a previous save point and apparently the world.dat may have been the issue. No idea how, but whatever. Oh, and for background information. It is a league I played many many years ago head to head, with a friend who died of cancer, so yeah, continuing it has sentimental value. We used to play it on the same system, and manage separate careers. It's a pretty good diversion from dying. Sooooo, I thought, I'll upgrade it, and that led me on the install 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 in an effort to get to 21, which a friend had installed and registered, so no limits. I managed to stomach through less than a week before realizing 21 is a MEGA slide backwards from 19. Yeah, cute stadiums, and the obnoxious follow ball, was the trade up for lousy abysmal ball and payer physics. I mean 21 levels and we have 1990s figurines posing as players, making Madden look like a well oiled machine

Let's see 17 isn't a demo, and can't import and convert, which is the ONLY reason I download it in the first place. In retrospect, I only did it because OOTP 8 is horrific at crashes, and other in game dumb stuff, and of course is TEXT. STUCK at v 16 in limbo.

I installed 19, played with it, got into it, BAM Aug 1, FU, you cant finish. Only sim I've ever seen that doesn't allow you to finish a season by the way. Nice to have known that before hand, sooooo upgrade it to the V 21.

HORRIFIC EPIC FAIL: 21 is absolutely the worst ball physics game I have ever seen, EVER. Hard smash to the 3B, he dives, stands up, and watches a guy with 32 run speed beat out a single, because he just stood there. Hard ground ball to the SS, he stands and waits for the ball to come to him, BUT it dies between the SS and pitcher, BASE HIT. There is literally no such thing as a ground ball through the infield, single. It's like the grass is 8" deep. BALK, BALK (ridiculous amount of them get called) and you've blown a 3 run lead without having a ball hit out of the infield. Players back up bases, and then watch the C run to the backstop to get the ball, while the run scores. I understand that its a sim game with graphical representation, and not a graphical game with statistical sim probabilities, and baseball AI is a sketchy thing. but damn, it's a train wreck with not enough space to write about it. It's the titanic of Sims, and AFTER most of the glaring booboos that made me uninstall a full free game were seemingly solved. You expect innovation to move forward, not backward. Perfect team is just a complete ripoff of the same exact format of building as MLB 9 Innings, written many many years before this, with collecting cards, and then upgrading them. Their ball physics was far superior 10 years ago, and is little more than a company cash cow. YET, we can't have a head to head manager vs manager, after 20 years.

V 19 pretty damn good game actually. Considering buying it, IF and only IF I can upgrade my old files to it. Otherwise, the frustration and disgust of the many issues I've faced the past 2 weeks, and still nowhere near my goal, would surely overshadow any thrill the game could inspire at this point. That's why I here was a huge gap in my game play from 11-19 in the first pace. In case, you thought I was kidding about my length of play....https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...ad.php?t=50170
That was my first ever post, in 2003. Version 20 is not a playable demo after install either! Wow

Quote:
After that, if you're still really upset, why not PM one of the devs with the issue you're having? They're active on the boards and pretty responsive to questions.
I did ask the question in the "Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support" forum, right? It's an earlier version, AND a tech support question, much like the link above. Actually, I'm more upset now, than you're perception of me being upset before! So, here's a for real rant, with legit bitches, and major complaints that have been exhaustively tested and still dead ending

If you do find you're able to download the PC demos (I'm assuming you're using Windows rather than Mac or Linux) try the demo for OOTP19. That'll give you a much better idea of the current OOTP game play. [/quote]

19 is the sole reason, I'm still pursuing this

Last edited by mibstingray2; 09-15-2020 at 04:51 PM.