Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary

Old 07-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

IVONA Lexicon file for Text to Speech

This goes (in Windows 7 at least) in (YourName)>AppData>Roaming>IVONA 2 Voice. That folder is hidden by default.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...lish-ivona.rar

Here's a video demonstrating some of the enhancements this lexicon file provides:

OOTP 15 with IVONA Joey TTS - YouTube

If you go to the IVONA home page you can test out pronunciations really easily. That's been a big help. No doubt you'll want to add your own pronunciations, you can do this by going to Control Panel>Speech Recognition>Text To Speech>Settings>Lexicon

File updated on April 2nd 2015

Last edited by Quinton_Upchurch; 04-02-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Quinton_Upchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
chicago43055
Minors (Double A)

I am running windows 8.1...I can no longer get text to speech to work...I have no idea why...do you have any suggestions....Thank You for your time.
chicago43055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

64-bit OS? If so, you need to run a certain command. I'm unable to look it up at the moment.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
chicago43055
Minors (Double A)

pstrickert,,, Thank You for answering so quickly. I am running 8.1 64 bit OS.. It's really annoying it will not work. Whenever you have the time to look it up is fine with me. Again thank you for your time.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Open "Run" in Windows and type in this command:

%windir%\SysWOW64\speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl
Old 07-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #6
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

I like the tweaks you've made.

With some work various voices along with lexicon files could be made into different broadcasters. It isn't far from there to have multiple broadcasters. The standard play-by-play along with a color commentator.

The rub is that Windows is so limited out of the box for voices. Mac has so many more
voices to work with.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:30 AM   #7
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Thanks gbwitheyes.

I hope the OOTP TTS for Mac is working soon, you've got some excellent ideas about pushing the feature further.

There are some small attempts at 'color' in my file but someone with the time and inclination could do so much more. One drawback, I guess, would be that it would be mostly league specific - my league is fictional and now in 2030, the little bits of added play-by-play in my file have no relevance to anyone else's league.

I've recently discovered SSML tags. They seem to work with IVONA and OOTP. By using different levels of pitch, volume and emphasis I'm hoping to add a touch more emotion to the play-by-play. I'd like to make the big homers, the grand slams, the amazing catches all stand out more.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

chicago, this is what I see when I use the run command. Do you see something different?
Attached Images
Old 07-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #9
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

I have been impressed by these voices for Windows. I think we will turn some heads if we can bring the current TTS PBP up to these standards.

I don't see any reason that we can't.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #10
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Wow, those are significantly superior to anything I've heard before. I would guess that they're firmly in the ridiculous price range currently but it shows how rapidly TTS technology is advancing.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #11
chicago43055
Minors (Double A)

pstrickert...Thanks for all your help. I broke down and bought Ivona - Joey...and now my narrator works.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #12
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quintin, any idea how to get the Narrator to say "first" for "1st"?
Old 07-15-2014, 03:29 AM   #13
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

pstrickert - after the latest patch I tried the IVONA lexicon file in conjunction with your tts_pronunciation file and '1st' was one of a number of issues I noticed.

I think the specific problem with 1st is probably something to do with ex-major leaguers Randy 'St. Claire' and Max 'St. Pierre'. The narrator sees the 'St' in your file and this overrides the IVONA lexicon.

Although your file is both excellent and extensive, since I play fictional I have now deleted it's contents. If you want email me a copy of the the file and I'll take a shot at erasing the niggling conflicts.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #14
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

No, "1st" is not in the tts_pronun file. "st" is in the file, though. The Narrator will pronounce it "street". I changed the pronunciation to "saint" to avoid the problem of having the Chicago Cubs play the "Street Louis Cardinals." The problem, then, I guess, is that "1st" is now pronounced "one saint". Probably nothing we can do about it, unless Andreas incorporates some higher-level rules for TTS.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #15
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
No, "1st" is not in the tts_pronun file. "st" is in the file, though. The Narrator will pronounce it "street". I changed the pronunciation to "saint" to avoid the problem of having the Chicago Cubs play the "Street Louis Cardinals." The problem, then, I guess, is that "1st" is now pronounced "one saint". Probably nothing we can do about it, unless Andreas incorporates some higher-level rules for TTS.
Ah okay, I forgot about St Louis. I think there's probably a way round this using the IVONA lexicon and deleting some entries from your tts file. I'll have a go later today. Failing that you will be forced to relocate the Cards (though not to St Paul)
Old 07-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #16
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Haven't been able to pinpoint the problem but something inside the tts_pronunciation file is causing 'Street Louis'. If I totally clear the contents of the aforementioned file the narrator says 'Saint Louis' (also on the IVONA site 'St. Louis' works as intended).

I have tried deleting St., St, St.Louis and even (Huston) Street from the tts_pro file but with no luck. Any other ideas?
Old 07-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #17
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

A complete aside - I was just testing this and something incredible happened:
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #18
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

According to bbref no pitcher has hit an inside the park homer in the majors for almost 35 years. Also noteworthy was that it came on a hit in the direction of Billy Hamilton.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #19
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton_Upchurch View Post
Haven't been able to pinpoint the problem but something inside the tts_pronunciation file is causing 'Street Louis'. If I totally clear the contents of the aforementioned file the narrator says 'Saint Louis' (also on the IVONA site 'St. Louis' works as intended).

I have tried deleting St., St, St.Louis and even (Huston) Street from the tts_pro file but with no luck. Any other ideas?
Nope. :-\
Old 07-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #20
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Nope. :-\
Yeah I'm out of ideas too. There's no reference to St. anywhere else in the tts_pro file, it's a mystery.