Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #341
GForce
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (2)
Yes, sorry. Been busy with work on my roster set. But I will update it, and soon

Thanks for the interest.

GH
GForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #342
twins15
Hall Of Famer

Great stuff here GForce... and even better, it helped me kill a couple hours here at work.

Bismarck Boy Scouts of the OTBL - league yes-man

Ross Gload at baseball-reference.com

Book Quotes and Book Lists
twins15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #343
GForce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins15
Great stuff here GForce... and even better, it helped me kill a couple hours here at work.
Hell, where do you think I write half of it

Thanks for the kind words!

GH
Old 08-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #344
Faroo6
Hall Of Famer

bump for a great dynasty
Faroo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #345
GForce
Banned

The coaches had made a point of telling everyone, particularly the young guys, to be early the next day, expecting a swarm to overtake Al Lang from the wee hours to see the official spring opener for the defending champs.

But Austin didn't expect anything like this.

Cars lined First St., the main drag entering the stadium, as they entered the lot with a trickle. The road was straight, so even from 100 cars back, Austin could see the pace. It was one that could end up with him running a long while.

"I'm pitching today, man," Burns said in muffled frustration. "I gotta get going...skip's gonna sit me."

Austin turned to his tightly-wound friend, giving him a long look that was against all rules of driving, but not standing, which was pretty much what they had been reduced to.

"We're not supposed to be there for a half hour, Ron," Austin said.

"At this rate..."

Burns flung the door open and was out of the car, sprinting - as much as a guy of Burns' build could sprint - down the side of First Street toward the park.

Austin unbuckled himself and slid over to reach the passenger door Burns had left wide open, pulling it shut. Burns had been jittery all morning, and by this point Austin just chalked it up to nerves as he had the last time. Austin internalized, but that just wasn't Burnsie's way.

A half-hour later, Austin was in the lot. There was a players lot, but you had you drive through the main lot to get to it, so it saved him zero time on this day.

As he walked to the clubhouse, kids along the right field line were pinned to the fence, holding notebooks, baseballs, cards...anything. All reaching for Austin. "Sign this," "Hey, over here."

But the one that stopped Austin was a simple "Daddy...who's that?" He smiled to himself and walked over to the fence. He had no idea what to do in this setting. He'd signed a few balls back home good naturedly, but nothing with this much eagerness from the recipient.

"My name's Austin, pal...Austin James. What's yours?"

The boy, about 7, in a fresh blue Mets hat and a pale, freckled face looked up at him in awe. The look made Austin laugh. All this kid -- "Joseph" he would reveal in shy, gap-toothed glee -- knew was that he was a Met, in some fashion. And that, to the boy, made him an idol.

To Austin, that was overwhelming. And impossibly cool.

Austin signed a ball for him, and the bill of his cap, too. He signed for others for a good 15 minutes before realizing he was even later than he'd originally feared.

"I need to go warm up, folks," he said with a bounce to his step, and his voice. "We'll be back out in a bit."

"We gonna win it again this year?" a bespectacled man called out with his young boy on his shoulders.

Austin wanted to rally the crowd, pump them up, promise them another World Series. But he reined himself in, well aware that wasn't his place.

"I'm just a rookie, sir. But I promise you these guys are busting their tails to make it happen again. They'll do you proud."

And with that Austin was off, toussling the hair of a pixie-looking girl he'd signed for last and heading for the clubhouse. He rounded the bend, readying to jump down the three-step drop before noticing Grote against the wall.

"Sorry, Jerry," Austin said.

Grote didn't answer, he just nodded as Austin passed him and made his way into the clubhouse. But when Austin was gone, Grote cracked a slight grin. For he'd been against the wall a while, and Austin's respect of the veterans, his knowing his place, had impressed the gritty backstop more than any pitch he'd made yet.

GH
Old 08-19-2006, 12:45 AM   #346
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

This makes my week. Great to see Austin back.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:54 AM   #347
Faroo6
Hall Of Famer

woohoo
Faroo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:24 AM   #348
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

missing this
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #349
Astros33Resurrected
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena

missing this
"
Astros33Resurrected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #350
GForce
Banned

Thanks guys. It's not intentional, I just have ZERO time: Work, new baby (3 kids under 4), renovations to the house.

Believe me, I miss it too.

GH
Old 09-30-2006, 02:41 AM   #351
orin2
Minors (Double A)

Gforce- I am glad you have ANY time to write with that kind of responsibility at home. We will be here waiting when you get time.
orin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:22 AM   #352
GForce
Banned

Dick Allen was new to the Cardinals in 1970 in a 7-player deal that drew attention not only for Allen's involvement, but also because one of the players being sent in return, Curt Flood, refused to report. In fact, Flood, 32 and in his prime, was not in a camp...anywhere.

Dick Allen swung over a savage 2-2 sinker from Burns in the 4th inning of a game the Mets would win going away, 7-1, on a grand slam by Swoboda off a tall, lean right-hander, Bob Chlupsa.

You would think striking out Allen, at this point a 3-time All-Star and a Rookie of the Year winner, would have a young man such as Burns ecstatic and feeling good about himself.

And it did. Until he met Joe Hague.

Joe Hague?

"Who the **** is Joe Hague?" Burns shouted, storming through the dugout after Hague - a longtime minor-leaguer who hit a robust .170 the prior year during a 100 AB stint with the Redbirds - blasted a shot far...FAR into the morning blue.

Austin watched Burns' tirade unsure of what to do. But as he looked alternately at Burns' manic pacing and the look of those on the bench, it was clear the rant was winning no points among the rest of the orange and blue.

As Burns reached Austin a second time, A.J. grabbed his thick wrist. Burns whipped away wildly, thoroughly unaware it was Austin who had grabbed him. Their eyes met, and Austin spotted something he'd seen before and tried to pass off.

Burns' nose was bleeding again. A trickle rather than flow, it was still there.

The day at the hotel, another at the field. This wasn't a one-time thing. And Burns' moods were always more amped on the days it happened. Austin wasn't too well versed in the drug culture, but he wasn't in a cave either.

Burns had a problem.

He cursed under his breath, continuing his tirade in his head. Hodges' displeasure was etched in his jaw, and everyone knew why. For Hague had attained a status, such as it was, Burns never had. And Burns' private humility meant nothing at this moment. This was disrespect in Hodges' eyes. And he loathed disrespect.

Austin's focus left Burns, and Hodges, when Joe Foy made, for lack of a better term, a suggestion.

"Hey, Apollo," he called. "Grab a seat for a minute and cool off."

Foy was new, and his intention wasn't to step on any toes. But he was a lighthearted sort, who hoped his humor was diffuse the situation.

"Apollo?" Burns snapped. "What the..."

"Apollo," Foy replied. "'Cause that was a damn Moonshot."

Hilarity ensued, with three people not laughing:

Burns, who scattered the bench by whipping a bat ankle-high toward Foy, was busy being subdued in the dugout.

Hodges, who knew his office would be busy later. With players, with press. With coaches. With Burns.

And Austin, who knew right then that, later that day, his friend would no longer be his roommate. And as Hodges sent Burns down the steps to the clubhouse, Burns' eyes met Austin's. He looked near tears, but said nothing. No defense. No apology. No verbal jab toward Foy or those whose laughter had subsided in stunned disbelief.

No goodbye.

GH
Old 01-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #353
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

YES, IT IS A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #354
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

What a great pleasure to click on the Dynasty Forum and see a new Austin James post. Thanks, GForce, and hopefully we'll see a few more in the months to come.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #355
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Long time no read... good to have a new chapter back here.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #356
orin2
Minors (Double A)

Gforce- Glad to see that Christmas with so many little ones didn't do you in. Thanks for the post.
orin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #357
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

In case any of you aren't aware, GForce was banned recently. It didn't look like he would be continuing with this fine story anyway, but I guess this confirms once and for all that he won't be. A sad day, indeed, for the Dynasty Reports forum.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #358
Jpotapoff
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena View Post
In case any of you aren't aware, GForce was banned recently. It didn't look like he would be continuing with this fine story anyway, but I guess this confirms once and for all that he won't be. A sad day, indeed, for the Dynasty Reports forum.

That sucks. This is a great Dynasty report.
Jpotapoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #359
EMSoccerCoach
Hall Of Famer

Interesting...

Austin James: Playing For His Life (Baseball Fiction)
EMSoccerCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #360
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Wonder if it's the same guy or not...
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote