Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Season 14 (2032) General Discussion

Good luck to everyone this week!

The Colonels are in a tougher league this week. Four of the teams have better lifetime win %, and one of those is in our division. Our same lineup and pitching staff returns with one major exception: perfect George Brett joins the team. Ruth is the DH so Brett will be in field somewhere, but where? Boggs and Brett have virtually identical defensive profiles, except that Boggs has a much better error rating. I debated whether the better error rating belonged at first or third. The sheer quantity of errors at 1B would be lower with Boggs, but a ball bobbled at third won't become a double play or force out and may lead to more opposing rallies. I decided to start with Boggs at third because his play there in the second half of last season was quite adequate, but the jury is still out on this one.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #2
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Woooo I have a team in diamond

(waits impatiently for playoff results update )
Old 06-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #3
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Woooo I have a team in diamond

(waits impatiently for playoff results update )
10 year Gold improvement program
Attached Images
Old 06-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

My FTP Pack Only Squad got promoted to Perfect League. Maybe I can use some of my PP to acquire baby oil and tissues. It's gonna be a looooong season.

Maybe we should have a contest. How many games will I lose assuming average Perfect League Competition? I'm going with 110.

Roster:

SP - Perfect Legend Maddux
SP - Diamond Live De Grom
SP - Perfect Live Sale
SP - Diamond Legend Paige
SP - Diamond AS Halladay
RP - Gold FL Duplantier
RP - Gold Live McCullers Jr.
RP - Diamond Live Severino
RP - Diamond Historical Eichhorn
RP - Bronze Live Rosenthal
RP - Gold Live E. Diaz
RP - Perfect Live Giles

C - Gold Live Posey
1B - Gold Live Riley
2B - Gold Live E. Escobar
3B - Diamond Live Machado
SS - Diamond Live Tatis Jr.
LF - Gold AS Billy Williams
CF - Platoon Bronze AS Gwynn/Gold Live Hicks
RF - Diamond Live Judge
DH - Gold Legend Raines

1B/LF - Diamond Live Gallo
C - Silver Live Wilson Ramos
2B - Gold AS Vidro

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008

Last edited by Splitter24; 06-24-2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Looked up the guys who I forgot
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #5
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
My FTP Pack Only Squad got promoted to Perfect League. Maybe I can use some of my PP to acquire baby oil and tissues. It's gonna be a looooong season.

Maybe we should have a contest. How many games will I lose assuming average Perfect League Competition? I'm going with 110.

Roster:

SP - Perfect Legend Maddux
SP - Perfect Live De Grom
SP - Perfect Live Sale
SP - Diamond Legend Paige
SP - Diamond AS Verlander
RP - Gold FL Duplantier
RP - Gold Live McCullers Jr.
RP - Diamond Live Severino
RP - Diamond Historical Eichhorn
RP - Silver Live Rosenthal
RP - Perfect Live Giles

C - Gold Live Posey
1B - Gold Live Riley
2B - Gold Live E. Escobar
3B - Diamond Live Machado
SS - Diamond Live Tatis Jr.
LF - Gold AS Billy Williams
CF - Platoon Bronze AS Gwynn/Gold Live Hicks
RF - Diamond Live Judge
DH - Gold Legend Raines

1B/LF - Diamond Live Gallo
C - Silver Live Player w/ less D than Posey, but more power (I forget who)
2B - Gold AS Vidro
25th guy - Some reliever. Don't remember. Sorry.
How many packs did it take to get that roster?
Old 06-24-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
How many packs did it take to get that roster?
I haven't been keeping track. I can say that the Perfect Sale and Giles were Diamonds when I drew them. I can also say with some degree of certainty that my pack luck has been better than PT 19. But that's as far as I can go.

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

Old 06-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #7
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Not exact, but Maybe a ballpark? Thousands? Tens of thousands? I'm not looking for proof or an exact number or anything. I'm just curious and your best guess is more than sufficient. Thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

My three teams are ready to go - Good Luck to Everyone!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 06-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #9
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not exact, but Maybe a ballpark? Thousands? Tens of thousands? I'm not looking for proof or an exact number or anything. I'm just curious and your best guess is more than sufficient. Thanks
Hmmm... If I had to give a ballpark, it's gotta be less than a thousand. Probably less than 500. I just have no real idea. I'm going to guess that people that are spending actual money are keeping better track of their results than I am.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #10
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
Hmmm... If I had to give a ballpark, it's gotta be less than a thousand. Probably less than 500. I just have no real idea. I'm going to guess that people that are spending actual money are keeping better track of their results than I am.
Thanks. You sir should play the lottery.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #11
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

holy hell, if I was doing packs only and opened less than 500 I'd still have live chris archer in my rotation or something
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:48 AM   #12
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks. You sir should play the lottery.
Ha! I'm probably more fortunate than those who think the packs are rigged somehow. But take my total packs opened figure with a grain of salt. I clearly can't even remember who 2 of my players' names are!

Old 06-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #13
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
holy hell, if I was doing packs only and opened less than 500 I'd still have live chris archer in my rotation or something
Id go one step further and say Id be HAPPY with Archer in my rotation.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #14
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Apparently, my Mudcats team roster just got shuffled without me making changes. The team reverted back to it's Saturday morning roster setting, despite me setting the roster late last night. I log in and find Baez, Severino, and Posey missing (inactive, along with every other card acquired over the weekend). Although it could be that I logged in on a second machine. Meh, who knows. I'll fix that later.

SILVER TIME!
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:12 PM   #15
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

So!

Raccoons survived their 3-way tie for a relegation spot in Perfect and remain in that league, but probably no more clever than before. Of the three perfect starting pitchers only one remains; Big Walt will always be perfect and always mine! DeGrom dropped to 99, and Sale was sold for PP to drive missions (and he wasn't impressive in Perfect, either…). The offense remains horrendous although I tried to address things already with Joe Gordon (who is also a better defender than McNeil at second; overall the game does Jeff McNeil no justice at all...), but also tried to sell Mel Ott, but couldn't get a price I deemed good enough.

The Rebels remain in Bronze. They lost all four of their diamond cards to real live attrition (Greinke, Rizzo, Bogaerts, Stanton were all a flat 90 last week), yet somehow went up in value… but not necessarily in capability. No matter who I put in that pen, they will pretty reliably get slashed as long as they play in the majors at all. Maybe that is the trick to basic decency; gobble up all the players that undergo Tommy John surgery during Spring Training - that's gonna be a steady pen!

Accountants have promoted to Silver in their second season in Bronze (they spent one season in Iron). They had no diamonds last Monday, they have five now. Only one has gone up from gold - "Polar Bear" Alonso, who with his crushing home runs one day will certainly deliver humanity to safety from their selfmade doom … SOMEHOW. The other four I either bought for my own enjoyment from trade earnings or tried to sell for profit but couldn't. I finally need to stitch a pen together for this team and they might go straight to Gold League! I have 10k PP for this purpose. ...or I could do some more eye gouging and other stuff as was hinted at in the other thread.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #16
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
So!

Raccoons survived their 3-way tie for a relegation spot in Perfect and remain in that league, but probably no more clever than before. Of the three perfect starting pitchers only one remains; Big Walt will always be perfect and always mine! DeGrom dropped to 99, and Sale was sold for PP to drive missions (and he wasn't impressive in Perfect, either…). The offense remains horrendous although I tried to address things already with Joe Gordon (who is also a better defender than McNeil at second; overall the game does Jeff McNeil no justice at all...), but also tried to sell Mel Ott, but couldn't get a price I deemed good enough.

The Rebels remain in Bronze. They lost all four of their diamond cards to real live attrition (Greinke, Rizzo, Bogaerts, Stanton were all a flat 90 last week), yet somehow went up in value… but not necessarily in capability. No matter who I put in that pen, they will pretty reliably get slashed as long as they play in the majors at all. Maybe that is the trick to basic decency; gobble up all the players that undergo Tommy John surgery during Spring Training - that's gonna be a steady pen!

Accountants have promoted to Silver in their second season in Bronze (they spent one season in Iron). They had no diamonds last Monday, they have five now. Only one has gone up from gold - "Polar Bear" Alonso, who with his crushing home runs one day will certainly deliver humanity to safety from their selfmade doom … SOMEHOW. The other four I either bought for my own enjoyment from trade earnings or tried to sell for profit but couldn't. I finally need to stitch a pen together for this team and they might go straight to Gold League! I have 10k PP for this purpose. ...or I could do some more eye gouging and other stuff as was hinted at in the other thread.
BTW, I stole your idea. The Excel grid that is. Helps me keep track.
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #17
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Early Notes...

1) Spent 1k on a one-time pack for my all-NL team, pulled Syndegaard

2) My first team in Diamond is in a division with a team that has *three* perfect relievers in the bullpen (I suppose my Bronze opponents feel the same about my Yelich )

3) Opening game of the season for Bob's All-Stars, Teddy Higuera (81, 1986 AS) threw a 1-hit, 2 walk maddux
Old 06-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #18
old timer
Hall Of Famer

After 6 years in perfect, the Raccoons have averaged 113 wins and have made 6 playoff appearances always making it at least to the division round, but never making it to the WS. Maybe this will finally be our year? If so, we'll have to get past some pretty tough teams.

Looking only at last season's records, the toughest teams appear to be in our conference, except for the IB Breakers in the NC. Pensacola (in our division) won 117 last season (we won 112) will make it tough for us to win the division again. For the previous two seasons, we had to settle for the WC. Then there's the Stark Direwolves who won 125 games last season. There are some other strong teams too, but those look to be the toughest.

So far, 99 Ted Williams is doing very well (I added him in September of last year). I don't remember him being around in the beginning so I'm guessing he was added in a content update? My other new addition, 99 Johnson is doing very well too so that's encouraging.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #19
old timer
Hall Of Famer

My ftp Mud Hens made it to diamond where I thought they'd be outclassed, but looking around the league, I'm not so sure now. I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs, but I think they should be able to play .500 ball (they're off to a 5-2 start).

Currently, my roster has only 1 diamond (96 Bob Gibson) and 6 golds. Our offense is what I'd like to improve since the defense and pitching have been our strong points. Plus, it's cheaper to get offensive upgrades than pitching ones. I've got 11k to spend so maybe I can make an upgrade or two that will make us diamond worthy.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

For the first time ever, the Portland Raccoons met the famous Louisville Colonels!

Mr. Orcin has a new cap and pair of gloves now.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote