Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Stuck in Perfect doldrums with an FTP team? Let's join forces!

Ok, I just got to perfect level with my FTP Energizer Bunnies. Looking at the other teams in the league, it seems that perhaps a third of them are in the same boat I am --- FTP (or close to FTP) with no hope of ever getting into a playoff since the whales get all those spots.

Are you in that boat with a FTP team (or close to FTP, if you spent under $50 total and aren't planning to spend more that could work too), please respond to this. We can friend each other and be essentially guaranteed to always be put with like-minded teams. The more teams we get in that boat (up to 30) the fewer whales we will get stuck with. Why keep hitting your head against those tough whale skins season after season?

Please post below if you meet this criteria. Then we will mark each other as friends (and that we want to be put with friends each round) and decrease whale presence in our league.

BTW, I am also in "Our League" but so far, I am the only one that is in Perfect. if your team has always been FTP and you have no LIVE or future or POTM players on it, you can also join that, but those requirements are not necessary for criteria to join forces here.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

I'll join. I'm F2P, packs only, and I rode a couple early, lucky draws straight up to Diamond. I'm now in my first season of Perfect, clinging to safety from relegation by the tips of my fingernails, and I just got blown out by the worst team in the league. What do I have to lose?

Threnodas (no numbers ... my other team with numbers is in Diamond)

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I might be down in a couple weeks. I just reached perfect, and want to see at least two weeks worth of performance in random leagues first.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Okay, Threnodas, I will add you to my Friends list, and suggest you do the same. Please also indicate in your settings that you want to be paired up with Friends. chazzycat, hope you decide to join in!

Hopefully, we will get some other volunteers.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:45 PM   #5
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My team isn't FTP but I have probably spent more than your threshold (every now and then I blow money on packs - it hasn't worked that well obviously!). I have one perfect and 7-ish diamonds on the team with the possibility of adding a second perfect this weekend (if I earn enough PP this season).

I'm in Perfect and currently getting manhandled (29-53 coming into today).

If you think my team is close enough to what you want then feel free to include Charlatan for the Washington Monuments.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #6
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Charlatan, it is fine for me for you to join in. I have added Washington Monuments as well as Threnodas Durham Devil Dogs to my friends list. Please add me as well to yours, and make sure that you put in settings that you want to be in leagues with your friends.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:35 PM   #7
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Sure, I'll join. I have 2 (soon to be 3 after the new league placement on Monday) 100% F2P teams at Perfect: The Minneapolis Gauchos, the California Quantum Condors, and the Bold Strategy Cottons. They all have very different approach to teambuilding, so I hope multiple teams from the same manager isn't an issue.

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 06-02-2019 at 10:26 PM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #8
allenciox
All Star Reserve

that's no problem QuantaCondor. Just make sure you add us as friends, and put in your settings that you want to be paired with friends. I will add all of those teams to my friend's list.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #9
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
that's no problem QuantaCondor. Just make sure you add us as friends, and put in your settings that you want to be paired with friends. I will add all of those teams to my friend's list.
Aina Haina Parakeets joining you in Perfect

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:48 PM   #10
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Okay, I have added all three of your teams. One nice thing about having several teams participating is it makes it less likely that we will get put into the "Whale" league.

There should be a couple of other "Our League" teams joining us in perfect next year too. I fit in both camps.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #11
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, well we seem to have gotten matched up in the same league, all right, P411.
What's wierd, though, is that all three of QuantaCondor's teams are in the same division.. what are the odds of that?

So Aina Haina and I are in the AL (both of us Our League teams), and all other teams got put in the NL. The AL looks particularly tough this year as there are six out of the fifteen teams that have had multiple sequential years of being in Perfect playoffs, so it looks like a really tough league.

Good luck to all!

Old 06-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #12
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I didn't have a chance to check out the teams before work. I know teams at Perfect can be really loaded, but does it appear there are any whales here?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #13
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So, this is the thing: there are no mega-whales (i.e. all the top cards) as there was for my league last year, where one team went 135-27. There are multiple mini-whales, particularly on the AL side, where I count six --- three of them in the central division, along with Aina Haina--- so Aina Haina has the toughest draw of any of us.

There are also some very weak teams --- there is one in my division that has been in perfect for many years, has no player above gold and has never won more than 47 games in perfect leagues.

Last edited by allenciox; 06-03-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #14
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
so, this is the thing: There are no mega-whales (i.e. All the top cards) as there was for my league last year, where one team went 135-27. There are multiple mini-whales, particularly on the al side, where i count six --- three of them in the central division, along with aina haina--- so aina haina has the toughest draw of any of us.

There are also some very weak teams --- there is one in my division that has been in perfect for many years, has no player above gold and has never won more than 47 games in perfect leagues.
omg.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #15
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
IMO, this is something that the game should reward more. Hanging on in Perfect level for many seasons despite a weaker roster. It's impressive in its own way.

The other option is to increase the number of relegated teams. That seems like an easier fix. But combining both these options would be my ideal.

Last edited by Argonaut; 06-03-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:18 PM   #16
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ok, well we seem to have gotten matched up in the same league, all right, P411.
What's wierd, though, is that all three of QuantaCondor's teams are in the same division.. what are the odds of that?

Good luck to all!
Well, the pressure to win the division is on. This is about the greatest test of which of my teams is the best that I could possibly set up.

EDIT: The odds are 1.5%, specifically.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 06-03-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #17
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Avoid relegation fever! Catch it!

Old 06-08-2019, 12:44 AM   #18
allenciox
All Star Reserve

At this point, there appears to be only one team with a realistic hope of playoffs... the Washington Monuments.

Now, this league was considerably harder than last season (particularly in the AL). Last season, the Energizer Bunnies were a wild card team in Perfect, so hopefully we'll get a better draw next year.

By the way, another team of mine is also in Perfect. If you can add it to your friend's list, I would greatly appreciate it. It is the Weston Pointe Caspers, and the owner is MiloWindby.

Any other teams want to join us for next year?

Old 06-08-2019, 02:59 AM   #19
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
At this point, there appears to be only one team with a realistic hope of playoffs... the Washington Monuments.
Hold up now, the Bold Strategy Cottons blew a 40k PP stack to perform a long-overdue revamp of their pitching staff, and are only 5.5 games out. Anything can happen in a day (but at only 4% probability it's not likely).

I also think that I am moving towards making my teams OL compatible. BSC have 5 non-crucial players to shed (backups, low leverage relievers, and a platoon guy), and could be ready as soon. I just need the 99 Sale to go perfect so I can ditch him for that sweet 20k. The others... might need some time. I have been at Perfect for 7 seasons each with the Gauchos and the Quantum Condors, so the PP income isn't quite robust enough to rely on non-Live cards to compete.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
Old 06-08-2019, 03:59 AM   #20
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Hold up now, the Bold Strategy Cottons blew a 40k PP stack to perform a long-overdue revamp of their pitching staff, and are only 5.5 games out. Anything can happen in a day (but at only 4% probability it's not likely).

I also think that I am moving towards making my teams OL compatible. BSC have 5 non-crucial players to shed (backups, low leverage relievers, and a platoon guy), and could be ready as soon. I just need the 99 Sale to go perfect so I can ditch him for that sweet 20k. The others... might need some time. I have been at Perfect for 7 seasons each with the Gauchos and the Quantum Condors, so the PP income isn't quite robust enough to rely on non-Live cards to compete.
Would love to have you in OL.