Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:10 PM   #4761
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
What an unbelievable comeback by Fargo. Down 3-0, they came back on 4 wins in a row against the cindarella Minnesota Bold North. Now they face the Parakeets for the P409 WS title.

Let's go to a quick series preview:

PITCHING:
Fargo is HEAVY on the lefty pitching, anchored by Lefty Grove, Lefty Gomez, and Eddie Plank. They also run 6 lefty RPs in the pen, and as they are not OL they are allowed to carry the likes of Vasquez and Liam Hendriks. This has allowed them to rack up a ton of Ks, leading the league with 1666 Ks during the year. The obvious weakness of Fargo is pitcher CON, as they yielded a league-leading 706 walks during the season. The Bold North drew a league-worst 371 walks during the season, possibly contributing to their blown 3-0 ALCS lead. Aina Haina, 8th-worst in the league in walks drawn, will need to look to exploit this advantage to generate offense.

Pitching is... not a strong point for the Parakeets, yielding a 4.63 team ERA good enough for 25th best in the league. However, Fargo's relatively even split between LHB and RHB may allow the mostly-righty Parakeet staff to overperform expectations.

PITCHING ADVANTAGE: FARGO

BATTING:
Fargo's lineup vs. RHP is most relevant here, as 3/4 of the Parakeet pitching staff throws righty. For this, Fargo has a sturdy upper half of the lineup in Trout, SE Sisler, SE Votto, Yelich, and On-Base guys in the form of Pete Hill and Eddie Stanky. 6/9 of the RHP lineup bat lefty, so the lefty tilt of the Parakeet park will not prove to be a huge factor.

Meanwhile, the mostly-lefty staff of Fargo will draw the LHP lineups of Aina Haina. The Parakeets have been mostly shut down by LHP this season with only 3 batters with wRC+ over 100: SE Sisler, Sam Rice, and Sliding Billy Hamilton. The Parakeets specialize in hitting for average with very few home runs against lefties, so the contact squad of Tony Gwynn, Johnny Pesky, Smoky Burgess, and Wade Boggs (87) will need to exceed expectations.

Overall, the lefty staff of Fargo likely looks to shut down the contact-heavy lefty lineup of the Parakeets.

BATTING ADVANTAGE: FARGO

DEFENSE:
Neither team has made a particular effort to emphasize defense overall. Here's how they compare, Fargo vs. Aina Haina:

SS: Rizzuto (109) vs. Pesky (103)
2B: Stanky (93) vs. Collins (115)
3B: Wander S. Franco (75) vs. Wade Boggs (72)
CF: Trout (85) vs. Dykstra (106)
RF: Hill (86) vs. Gwynn (65)
LF: Yelich (83) vs. Sliding Billy Hamilton (81)
C: Lavalliere (115) vs. Burgess (43)
1B: Votto (66) vs. Sisler (58)

Fargo wins the comparison at C by a mile and SS by a couple feet, but Aina Haina wins 2B and CF. Defense is mostly a wash here, but based on efficiency during the season I think I'd give this one to Aina Haina.

DEFENSE ADVANTAGE: AINA HAINA

OVERALL:
I think the series will be close, as any WS is, but it's clear that Aina Haina is a huge underdog in this matchup. The pitching and batting slants don't favor them, and despite having a more carefully constructed park factor system, the heavy lefty pitching is just a lot to overcome for a lefty team.

OVERALL ADVANTAGE: FARGO

PREDICTION: Fargo wins in 6
Get those brooms out to sweep up the Parakeet droppings.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #4762
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Get those brooms out to sweep up the Parakeet droppings.
You called it. But really, the matchup had a Fargo victory written all over it.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #4763
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
You called it. But really, the matchup had a Fargo victory written all over it.
Yup. I was praying that Minnesota would win, and with every Fargo victory I grew more and more uneasy.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #4764
osborneman
Minors (Single A)

Now that I finally have the coveted perfect league title (as 100% FTP), I may switch to OL in the next couple weeks. Only 4 of my LIVE players are locked: Trout, Vazquez, Hendriks, and Hiura. Probably around 60k PP in total. I can still sell Yelich, Tatis, Yates, and Wander Franco.

I'll let y'all know if I go through with this, I'd need to find some solid replacements first!

Go Giants!
osborneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:16 PM   #4765
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Bears exit Iron with first Championship. 4-1 series final.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:51 PM   #4766
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Bears exit Iron with first Championship. 4-1 series final.
well done Bears!

my bunch folded in the LCS.... on to Bronze
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:37 AM   #4767
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Bronze TvT & Playoff

I don't have much time to dedicate to the game recently so I will just post this for others to compile.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-02-2019, 04:36 AM   #4768
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Melaka Wins Second Crown

The Armada finished the OL B204 season at 11-6, just ahead of the Asheboro Road Dogs at 11-5. Congratulations!
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 09-02-2019 at 06:18 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:38 AM   #4769
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Updated and Final Wrap Up

Congrats to the winners.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 09-02-2019 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:39 AM   #4770
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

List Update

New Zealand, Northborough, and Melaka go to silver. They were already on my friends list. Hope it's enough to pull them in.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 09-02-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:53 AM   #4771
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Final Irony

Hippo Vaughn, the 0-3, 11+ ERA, who walked in the winning run in game 5, goat of the Everett-Terra Incgonita series wins reliever of the year.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:57 AM   #4772
Edster007
All Star Starter

Much to my surprise the Silvertips head to gold level with a silver championship under their belt. Last I looked they were down 3-0 to Las Vegas in the LCS. The 'Tips won the next four and then defeated the Poo Slingers in 5 games for their first championship at any level.

A quick cruise of the AH has yielded nothing for any of my teams.

All three of my teams are friended up for this week and my new team, Jefferson Valley Rebels will begin entry league this week.

A big thanks to all who take the time on a regular basis to make OL possible.

Good luck everyone.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:24 AM   #4773
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Much to my surprise the Silvertips head to gold level with a silver championship under their belt. Last I looked they were down 3-0 to Las Vegas in the LCS. The 'Tips won the next four and then defeated the Poo Slingers in 5 games for their first championship at any level.

A quick cruise of the AH has yielded nothing for any of my teams.

All three of my teams are friended up for this week and my new team, Jefferson Valley Rebels will begin entry league this week.

A big thanks to all who take the time on a regular basis to make OL possible.

Good luck everyone.

Congratulations, Edster! By the way, I don't know if you noticed, but I put in the wrong league and crown for Melaka. I just fixed it, so if you don't tell anyone, only you and I will know.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:59 AM   #4774
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I've updated the friends list to reflect league placement for 2042. We had a couple of misses:

Gold: New York Patriots (Magus978)
Bronze: Seattle Rainiers (Railsplitter)
Iron: only 3 teams and they're all in different leagues

I think Iron is a reflection of 2 teams joining and 2 (or was it 3) teams moving out at the same time. Sorry, Iron folks. So guys in Iron, just make sure you friend everyone in Bronze and Iron so that when you do get promoted you get placed correct. Bronze people, please friend all the teams in Iron also.

As for NY, no idea what went wrong there - maybe check your league placement setting?

Redmond Crusaders and Redmond Defenders are both in the Diamond OL league but they're not OL as far as I know - if they want to join in this year let me know and I'll track their records.

Lastly, it appears the New York Mets (in Silver) changed their name to the Northeast Corridor Capitals. I updated the friend list there also.

Last edited by Charlatan; 09-02-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:03 AM   #4775
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Diamond setup:

A reasonable spread, though poor Annandale is all alone in the NC Central. Plus Motown has to play Hampton Roads AND Janesville a lot, so sucks to be them!

I also predict Topeka, a newcomer, will do well. Their team looks tough, and they've previously won two Diamond championships.
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 09-02-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #4776
Edster007
All Star Starter

Silver and Gold setup
Attached Images
Image Image 
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #4777
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Perfect league setup, 2042

As far as I can tell, looks like everybody made it in. Like last year, there is a dominant division: but this time it is the AC West, with three perennial playoff teams (Senators, Lagers, and Southpaws) and one "likely" playoff team (Parakeets):
Attached Images

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #4778
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I've updated the friends list to reflect league placement for 2042. We had a couple of misses:

Gold: New York Patriots (Magus978)
Bronze: Seattle Rainiers (Railsplitter)
Iron: only 3 teams and they're all in different leagues

I think Iron is a reflection of 2 teams joining and 2 (or was it 3) teams moving out at the same time. Sorry, Iron folks. So guys in Iron, just make sure you friend everyone in Bronze and Iron so that when you do get promoted you get placed correct. Bronze people, please friend all the teams in Iron also.

As for NY, no idea what went wrong there - maybe check your league placement setting?

Redmond Crusaders and Redmond Defenders are both in the Diamond OL league but they're not OL as far as I know - if they want to join in this year let me know and I'll track their records.

Lastly, it appears the New York Mets (in Silver) changed their name to the Northeast Corridor Capitals. I updated the friend list there also.
I had people friended. I don't usually miss on that nowadays. Checked the settings before I went to bed and everything looked proper. I think it's RNGjesus deciding to mess with me some more. Oh well...remember, I had to leave the OL family to get promoted to gold, maybe this is how I get promoted to diamond.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-02-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #4779
Magus978
All Star Starter

It's sad that we lost the bronze league from the past week, but I think this should be a reminder to all of us that we need to be vigilant in some way, and be prepared to pick up the slack if someone cannot get the stats. All of us in OL work so hard when called upon, and it's a shame to have a season at any level lost.

I've had a thought or two about a plan I had. What if one of us attaches our non-OL teams to the lower leagues (if we have a team in bronze or iron) that may not get the attention it needs? That way, even if all the OL members are not paying attention to the head to heads, someone is.

Just a thought to make sure we never lose a season of OL play again.

Let the 2042 campaign begin. Good luck, have fun, and don't die.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #4780
Charlatan
All Star Starter

The friending has to be reciprocal for placement to work, so if the people in Gold didn't friend you then you wouldn't get pulled in.