Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
henry296
All Star Reserve

MLB Quick Start with Historical Players

If I use the 2017 MLB quick start and select the option for historical rookies and random debut, would my draft class contain the historical players? I realize I would probably run out in about 25-30 years, but that is ok. Would I also ended up with two versions of the current players?
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
If I use the 2017 MLB quick start and select the option for historical rookies and random debut, would my draft class contain the historical players? I realize I would probably run out in about 25-30 years, but that is ok. Would I also ended up with two versions of the current players?
I did a test of this myself and the game kept crashing for some Odd reason.
Try it out.
The first few drafts you have to delete the actual draft class on creatin day, then move the draft one day forward to let the historical rookies get created.

It worked in 17. Maybe you will have more luck than me.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #3
henry296
All Star Reserve

I did get it to work last night. There is a place where you need to put the location of the historical database on one of the settings.

However, I'm not sure I like because these rookies will come into the league major league ready or almost because it is based on their debut.

At one point, I thought a database might exist where the historical players were adjusted to be 18 years old. Does that exist?
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

You need to use an older Spritze DataBase

If you want alternate Historical players alos (International, Negro etc...) Us a HighSchool version, if you just want regular professional players just use any Spritze database. You just need to set the propre database path in game. I usually put the database in it's own folder inside the ootp stats folder

http://wiki.ootpmods.com/drupal/Databases

I just started a league with Gambo/Spritze DB for OOTP 14 (Corrected) = SpritzeOOTP16HighSchoolStats

it brings players in at their professional debut as opposed to their ML debut And it works just fine, but it's won't include players who have come into the league in the last 4 years or so, it's not perfect but you will see many more players who need development in the draft pool

a couple of suggestions

set the import parameters to neutralized stats and entire careers in advanced options of step 1

in step 3 make sure you are using OOTP development engine

Hope this helps
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #5
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
I just started a league with Gambo/Spritze DB for OOTP 14 (Corrected) = SpritzeOOTP16HighSchoolStats

it brings players in at their professional debut as opposed to their ML debut And it works just fine, but it's won't include players who have come into the league in the last 4 years or so, it's not perfect but you will see many more players who need development in the draft pool

a couple of suggestions

set the import parameters to neutralized stats and entire careers in advanced options of step 1

Hope this helps
So, you can start a modern quickstart and have historical players come in to you universe later? He should be fine with the last four years or so for players since he's using the 2017 quickstart, right? I mean most are already there in the game? If this does work I'm there. One more cool way to play the "what if" game.

I would think you would want to delete the history of the league before it starts so historical players don't show up twice. Like Babe Ruth and his 714 HR's showing up in 2020 and hitting another 714.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #6
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
I did a test of this myself and the game kept crashing for some Odd reason.
Try it out.
The first few drafts you have to delete the actual draft class on creatin day, then move the draft one day forward to let the historical rookies get created.

It worked in 17. Maybe you will have more luck than me.
Is this based off a June draft? Can you move the draft to December and get the same result before the pool is generated?
Old 04-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #7
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I like the idea but deleting don't like but maybe a Feeder would work better. I can load Default Template and get Mike Trout as a Rookie.

Last edited by mgom27; 04-14-2017 at 10:59 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #8
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post

If you want alternate Historical players alos (International, Negro etc...) Us a HighSchool version, if you just want regular professional players just use any Spritze database. You just need to set the propre database path in game. I usually put the database in it's own folder inside the ootp stats folder

http://wiki.ootpmods.com/drupal/Databases

a couple of suggestions

Hope this helps
I just tested this using the settings you suggested above. I simmed through 2021. I'm not sure about the results. I changed the draft to 1 Dec and had the players pool available from 1876-2016 using spritzes corrected DB. It seems most of the players (90%?) are generated high school players from the DB. There were a couple of real historical rookies.

CC. Sabathia and R.A. Dickey, who both retired in 2018, showed up as 20 year olds in the 2019 draft. J. T. Snow retired in 2006 and showed up in the 2019 draft. Snow won ROY for the Phillies in 2021. His stats didn't add to his original stats, which is a good thing. They are treated as two different players. What I don't like is the majority of real historical rookies have all retire within the last 10 years or so.

I tried changing the parameters of the pool players from 1900-1950 and it seemed to just generate more made up high school players. I didn't see any real historic rookies in that draft.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Yes in Offseason would give you Historical guys but really doesn't just got Fictional Guys for 12-1 Draft.

Last edited by mgom27; 04-15-2017 at 01:33 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote