Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
clamel
All Star Starter

Concerned for real managers

Has anything been changed or added in 18 for the lack of proper managers ?
I know the MLB managers of the starting year pops OK and with proper stats, but that is it. Famous managers that was out that year will not pop up coming years.
Kind of same trouble that was present with players before. A player missing the year you started and you wil never see him. That is corrected.
I understand that even MiLB players can now be imported, so why not managers and perhaps even bench coaches.
They most be somewhere in the DB since they do get almost Everything correct for the managers of the starting year.

The idea of playing the game as "Brad Pitt" in Moneyball struggling with Managers that doesn't see eye-to-Eye intrigues me. However not much realistic to shop around with concerning staff.

It kind of irritates me with the selections of fantasy GM and Managers. Starting back in 1970-80s (and even further back) how many teams had a GM that came from China ??? Ridiculous really.

Perhaps there is a way to limit fantasy staffs to more common nations for older Leagues.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

This has always been a pet peeve of mine. We should be able to import historical managers in the same manner as players. We should have the option to set ethnicity and origin percentages for fictional owners and staff in the same manner as players.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I agree that historical managers should be
Imported when you your players import and
Managers fired and hired if using historical transactions. But i would leave it as cosmetic only. Just name and no ratings.
Imported afraid trying to set a strategy may screw up the results.
Anyway if you give a historical manager his historical teams they usually do about the same.
Connie Mack is leading my league in wins and John McGraw is 2nd but McGraw has 7 champions to Mack's 3.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:20 PM   #4
clamel
All Star Starter

Pehaps it's even better to play historical without any staff.
After all players have a predetermined development based on what they did IRL.
OK some variant might happen, but really pitching and hitting coaches shouldn't play any difference at all.
Manager perhaps in how they run the game according to the setup of what he likes to do during a game. Then I doubt those numbers and setup has nothing to do with the real manager ideas.

So bottom line perhaps is no staff at all. But it's a bit sad.

It's like playing APBA or Strat-O-Matic sort of. No staff in that ...
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote