Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #1
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

Historical/International Free Agents Settings

I have set up my Historical Game using the 'Advanced' method, and I will be GM of the 1950 Pirates. I won't be using historical transactions from that starting point.For the sake of realism, and not for immersion, what does one do with the settings in the Player section dealing with International Amateurs and IFA's? I've tried to find information as to when it even started but this is very difficult to find, and the online manual offers little in the way as to how it should be handled historically. What I do know is if I used the 'Wizard' method to set up a Historical Game for the year 2015 for example, teams will have no International Amateurs in their system and that wouldn't be realistic either.

So using the 'Advanced' method, and for the year 1950, would you leave this section per default which is disabling International Amateurs from entering the Majors? Thank you in advance for suggestions.

Last edited by Klaus 74; 03-27-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Klaus 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

From a historical standpoint you should leave this feature out, reason being is all those players should already be in the Database if they played Historically (ex: Fernando Valenzuela)The features used in conjunction with Historical files will only produce fictional players to fill out the International Complex etc...remember these are either individual team discoveries or IAFA's that were signed with a Bonus.

My Historical Online league (HSBL) uses all of those features to add some more mystery and intrigue, not to mention bump up the player base. It works very well IMO, if your ok with fictional players being in your Historical League then you can use it, if you are not ok with fictional players in your historical environment then leave it be

Hope this helps!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 03-28-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
Klaus 74
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
From a historical standpoint you should leave this feature out, reason being is all those players should already be in the Database if they played Historically (ex: Fernando Valenzuela)The features used in conjunction with Historical files will only produce fictional players to fill out the International Complex etc...remember these are either individual team discoveries or IAFA's that were signed with a Bonus.

My Historical Online league (HSBL) uses all of those features to add some more mystery and intrigue, not to mention bump up the player base. It works very well IMO, if your ok with fictional players being in your Historical League then you can use it, if you are not ok with fictional players in your historical environment then leave it be

Hope this helps!
Yes indeed!! I didn't consider that the players were already in the database. You helped me in the way I REALLY wanted to set up my historical game in the first place. I have always played the Standard Game for the past six years and find the settings quite intimidating especially when something was in effect in the Standard Game and is 'checked off' by default in a Historical Custom Game.

Thank-you!!
Klaus 74 is offline   Reply With Quote