Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
bk2bkjks
Minors (Single A)

Questions on finances and a possible bug.

Just pre-ordered and I am playing the beta version. I am playing as the Rangers and have a question or two. I will admit though I am a big hockey fan I do not know how the finances work. I play OOTP and have a good handle on how baseball finances's work. My problem is, and maybe a bug. I played one game and the next day I am told I don't have enough players to fill out my lines. I have 20 players dressed (the possible bug) and 20/23 on the active roster. So I thought I needed to fill those three spots. I did then I am told I am above the salary cap. I chose players that had not cap hit and it looks to me that I am below my salary cap.....My cap hit is in the red, which I am guessing is the reason for the second message......why I was able to play the first game IDK.
Maybe the Rangers are just a mess with the cap but can someone enlighten me on how to work the finances....a quick 101 should be fine. Looks like a great game and I can't wait till its on the level that OOTP is.

Great job guys!!!!

Last edited by bk2bkjks; 08-18-2013 at 10:03 AM.
bk2bkjks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

I don't know exactly what's going on but you can also look at injured players. If they're seriously injured you can put them on the Injured Reserve List that will open-up a roster-spot and free up some cap-space.

But beside all that this could even be a serous bug in the game because everything related to rosters and salary-cap is still very buggy at this time.

In the next few days ( I believe ) there will be another Beta update that has some more bug-fixes and probably makes the game more playable.
Lets hope..
Old 08-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
bk2bkjks
Minors (Single A)

forgot to mention I do have an injury. It is a day to day with my starting goalie. He did play the first game with the day to day but now I cannot move to the next day because I don't have enough players to fill the lines I am told, even though I have 20 players dressed. If I try to dress more then 20 then I am told I have enough dressed. I can't seem to shed enough cap hit space to move to the next day as well. So at this point 1 game into my season I am dead in the water.

I use my assistant to fill my lines and all my lines appear to be filled so I am lost. I will keep plugging away at it and see what I come up with.
bk2bkjks is offline   Reply With Quote