Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 04:49 AM   #1
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Arod23/Garlon Historical DB 2007

We are currently working on a few edits before we release an updated version of our DB this year.

For anyone who may be unfamiliar with our DB, here is a list of the major edits we made or are making:

1. Corrected missing batter strikeout data 1882-1912.

2. Corrected missing stolen base data 1876-1885, and adjusted pre-1898 stolen base totals to the Deadball Era rates.

3. Corrected missing caught stealing data 1876-1950.

4. Adjusted the statistics of the Union Association 1884, the Players League 1890, and the Federal League 1914-1915 to ML level.

5. Adjusted the WWII seasons of 1942-1945 to the league level before and after the war.

6. Added missing military service seasons for players by taking an average of their pre- and post-war seasons.

7. Extended backwards the careers of several post-integration players so that they now debut at age 21.

8. Added 50 Negro League players.

9. 2-way players now have 2 different ids. Ex. there is a Babe Ruth and a George Ruth (pitcher).

10. Adjusted all seasons to a 162-game environment. This will improve ratings of 1800's players.

11. Players debut in their first full season.

12. Players now have fielding elgibility only at position they played a significant portion of their career games.

13. Deleted Union Association, Players League, and Federal League players who did not have significant playing time outside of those leagues.

14. Gave outfielders eligibility at all 3 outfield positions.

15. Deleted WWII replacement players.

16. Deleted players who had fewer than 130 AB career and pitchers who had fewer than 50 IP career.

17. Corrected incomplete Batters Faced data for some pitchers.

18. Pitchers will only import as a starter if they had a minimum of 648 IP career and started at least 50% of their games. All other pitchers will import as relievers.

19. Pitchers who had more than 2500 IP career were given a slight endurance boost.

20. Updated with 2006 season stats.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

will this work with reclac off? i cant stand using recalc, gets too predictable for me.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
darthpb
All Star Reserve

this is great news as I swear by your DB. Thanks.
darthpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
will this work with reclac off? i cant stand using recalc, gets too predictable for me.
Recalc is a game function. Nothing to do with the database. Its use is optional.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Darson
Bat Boy

This DB sounds great. Just what i'm looking for.
Is it likely to be released within the next week?
Darson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Markmeister
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post
We are currently working on a few edits before we release an updated version of our DB this year.

7. Extended backwards the careers of several post-integration players so that they now debut at age 21.

8. Added 50 Negro League players.

9. 2-way players now have 2 different ids. Ex. there is a Babe Ruth and a George Ruth (pitcher).
Garlon,

Is it possible to get a second set issued without the above changes?

I've always liked your changes in prior versions as they seem to simulate better statistics. Personally though, I've never cared for the addition of the fictional 2nd players or the Negro Leaguers (including the earlier integration).

Mark

Jersey style logos
Vintage letter logos
Vintage uniforms
Markmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #7
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

We'll just release the one version of the DB. The readme file will have the details and player ids of the duplicate 2-way players, the integration players, and the Negro Leaguers. You can then go into the master file and change/delete their debut year field.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Recalc is a game function. Nothing to do with the database. Its use is optional.
Well, the Gambo DB doesnt work very well with the recalc feature. So i just use Lahman.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #9
Nukester
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmeister View Post
Garlon,

Is it possible to get a second set issued without the above changes?

I've always liked your changes in prior versions as they seem to simulate better statistics. Personally though, I've never cared for the addition of the fictional 2nd players or the Negro Leaguers (including the earlier integration).

Mark
Me neither. I always go in and strip them out
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #10
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, the Gambo DB doesnt work very well with the recalc feature. So i just use Lahman.
Arod and Garlon's DB is primarily designed not to use the recalc feature and does an excellent job at it. So if your not going to use the recalc feature theirs is a great option. What issues have you had with mine and using the recalc feature?

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com

Last edited by Gambo; 04-15-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #11
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Our regular DB from last year will work very well with the recalc mode. The edits we are making this year also have the recalc mode in mind. Our concept this year is to have a single DB to fit all needs instead of last year having a regular DB and then a Career Avg DB for importing rookies. This year it is all in one.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #12
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I appreciate your work and am looking forward to the update.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #13
Darson
Bat Boy

Sorry to ask again but is this likely to be released within the next week?

Just so I know whether to hold off on starting any new leagues.
Darson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #14
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Arod and Garlon's DB is primarily designed not to use the recalc feature and does an excellent job at it. So if your not going to use the recalc feature theirs is a great option. What issues have you had with mine and using the recalc feature?
Oh, well i just read a few people who had problems with it. And in the readme file it said that it wasnt meant for it. So i might try it and see what happens heh
Old 04-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #15
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, well i just read a few people who had problems with it. And in the readme file it said that it wasnt meant for it. So i might try it and see what happens heh
My DB is actually designed to use the recalculate feature. History and OOTP has proven that the games engine (without using the recalc feature) does not handle "real" statistics very well. (The reason the recalculate feature was developed). Though my database can be used for both styles I recommend using the recalculate feature. Of course, Arod and Garlon's work, like mine is branched off Ankit's original work so the goal is all of our work is produce players who act like their historical counterparts. What you want out of your OOTP experiences should determine which database you choose for a particular league.

I personally love the way Arod/Garlon;s databases perform on the major league level - especially on-line leagues(which is why I have used some of their ideas - with their permission) in my own DBs, if you like a more in depth and larger scale experience in solo play mine may be a better choice. Lahman itself is a perfect medium between the two options.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #16
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Is there any chance you guys will release some Random Debut versions of your database? None of the old ones work in 2007

109 seasons and still running strong!!!
metsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #17
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
My DB is actually designed to use the recalculate feature. History and OOTP has proven that the games engine (without using the recalc feature) does not handle "real" statistics very well. (The reason the recalculate feature was developed). Though my database can be used for both styles I recommend using the recalculate feature. Of course, Arod and Garlon's work, like mine is branched off Ankit's original work so the goal is all of our work is produce players who act like their historical counterparts. What you want out of your OOTP experiences should determine which database you choose for a particular league.

I personally love the way Arod/Garlon;s databases perform on the major league level - especially on-line leagues(which is why I have used some of their ideas - with their permission) in my own DBs, if you like a more in depth and larger scale experience in solo play mine may be a better choice. Lahman itself is a perfect medium between the two options.
oops yeah i mean to say it was meant for the recalc feature. I just dont really like the recalc feature, although a lot of other people like it. I like doing historical leagues, but without the outcome too predetermined.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 AM   #18
btheflash
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsgeek View Post
Is there any chance you guys will release some Random Debut versions of your database? None of the old ones work in 2007
Have you seen this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=143715

see post #6, the DB's should work with 2007
btheflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #19
arod23
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsgeek View Post
Yes, we will be making a random debut and chaos DB based on the new DB.

The old ones work fine with 2007 but they are missing a few files (I'll try to update the old zip files to include these until the new DB is ready):

For OOTP you need to have a few extra files included in the DB folder. Previous versons of OOTP did not need them so we excluded them.

You need:
allstar.csv
awardsplayers.csv
halloffame.csv
seriespost.csv

Grab these files from the Lahman DB and put them in the Arod23Garlon DB folder and everything wll work fine. OOTP needs those extra files this year to build the history.
arod23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #20
arod23
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darson View Post
Sorry to ask again but is this likely to be released within the next week?

Just so I know whether to hold off on starting any new leagues.
No it won't be out in the next week. We are working through the new patch changes to see how it impacts a few things before we finalize what needs to be updated.
arod23 is offline   Reply With Quote