Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 05-27-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Schedules galore needed

Hey all

FOr those that are looking for a major challange here is a good one.

I am looking for the schedueles for each of the following:

National Association of Base Ball Players 1857-1873
National Association 1871-1875
National League 1876-1900
American association 1882-1891
Players League 1890
Union Association 1884
Western League 1893-1900 (precursor to the American League of today)

If anyone can help with these I'd greatly appriciate it. TO be hoenst I don't expect to have all of these found, but those that are would be most welcomed. Also more may be added should more leagues of this time period be needed.

Thanks in advance to all those that are intrested.

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

some of these are going to be impossible because some of them didnt play a set schedule. the teams in some of these leagues played different amounts of games in a season. some of them even did the ole, "hey, you guys free on thursday for a game?" thing.

if you are looking for the actual dates they did play, that might be doable.

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposableheros
some of these are going to be impossible because some of them didnt play a set schedule. the teams in some of these leagues played different amounts of games in a season. some of them even did the ole, "hey, you guys free on thursday for a game?" thing.

if you are looking for the actual dates they did play, that might be doable.
ya I'd probably be more after the actual dates and making a scheduele from that, at least until we enter the era where a set scheduele is made.

PT22

Old 05-27-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Retrosheet has as-played schedules from 1876 on for the major leagues. The National Association was a little less formal, and before that was about as formal as the neighborhood choosing up sides on Saturday afternoon.

The Union Association lost a few teams in mid-season, so its as-played schedule won't be all the games you'd need.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
National Association of Base Ball Players 1857-1873
National Association 1871-1875
Didn't play set schedules.

Quote:
National League 1876-1900
Have all except 1876 NL. As far as I can can tell, no set schedule was published for that sesaon.

Quote:
American association 1882-1891
Have all.

Quote:
Players League 1890
Have.

Quote:
Union Association 1884
Have. But note the league was originally supposed to be an 8-team league, which is what the original schedule reflects. During the season, of course, teams dropped out while replacement teams came in and took over the schedules of the departing teams.

Quote:
Western League 1893-1900 (precursor to the American League of today)
Have all except 1893. As far as I can tell, the Western League did not operate in 1893.

Now it's a matter of getting the files I do have converted over at some point into OOTP2006's schedule file format.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange

Have all except 1876 NL. As far as I can can tell, no set schedule was published for that sesaon.

Have all.

Have.

Have. But note the league was originally supposed to be an 8-team league, which is what the original schedule reflects. During the season, of course, teams dropped out while replacement teams came in and took over the schedules of the departing teams.

Have all except 1893. As far as I can tell, the Western League did not operate in 1893.

Now it's a matter of getting the files I do have converted over at some point into OOTP2006's schedule file format.
So for the first two it'd be impssoble to do such a scheduele even if there was a lsiting of what games were played when?

for the UA I'd jsut change the names of the teams as they dropped out and others took over the players if it ran like that, otherwise I'd probably just do a mass release and reassigned although I dont' know how that woudl work with schedueles.

Also LGO do you know of any leagues that operated that I haven't mentioned? If so coudl you lsit them in the other thread of mine about that subject?

PT22

Old 05-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So for the first two it'd be impssoble to do such a scheduele even if there was a lsiting of what games were played when?
Well, you could take the as played schedules and try to create some sort of balanced schedule out of it. But with teams dropping in and out of the NA it might be difficult to do.

Incidentally, I came across some info for the 1871 NA season which stated the following: the idea that season was that each team would play a best-of-5 series against each of the other teams. Once a team had won three games against that opponent, they wouldn't play each other again in the season. The pennant winner was the team with the highest number of actual wins, not winning percentage. Note that the games against an opponent, even if five were needed, were spread out during the season and not grouped together in one series.

Quote:
for the UA I'd jsut change the names of the teams as they dropped out and others took over the players if it ran like that...
I have two versions of the 1884 UA, if memory serves. One is the schedule as originally published. The other uses the dates when teams dropped out and came into the league and splits up the games accordingly.

So of the 112 games in the schedule, if a team dropped out after 80 games, the remaining 32 games would be assigned to the team which came it to replace it. As a result, you wind up with a few teams playing the first part of the season and then stopping and a few other teams who don't start playing games until well into the season.

But you do end up with games for all the teams which actually played in the UA that year.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

not sure how much work you want to put in, but something like probaseballarchive.com will give you access to the sports section of the newspapers of the times to see who played who on that day.

example:

http://www.probaseballarchive.com/Vi...&currentPage=0

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 05-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

are you a member of SABR? members have access to Proquest, which is a database of printed news that is searchable.

they currently have:

NY Times, 1851-2003
Chicago Daily Tribune, 1849-1986
Washington Post, 1877-1990
Los Angeles Times, 1881-1986
Boston Globe, 1872-1924
Atlanta Constitution, 1868-1930
Chicago Defender, 1905-1975, black newspaper

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 05-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #10
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
are you a member of SABR? members have access to Proquest, which is a database of printed news that is searchable.

they currently have:

NY Times, 1851-2003
Chicago Daily Tribune, 1849-1986
Washington Post, 1877-1990
Los Angeles Times, 1881-1986
Boston Globe, 1872-1924
Atlanta Constitution, 1868-1930
Chicago Defender, 1905-1975, black newspaper
cant say that I have, or have even heard of it now that I think of it.

PT22

Old 05-27-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pro-Quest was the main reason I joined SABR two years ago. It's an excellent service. Of course, being able to tap into the expertise of all the other members of that organization and recieving their various publications is also a great benefit...
Old 05-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #12
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
cant say that I have, or have even heard of it now that I think of it.
Society for American Baseball Research - http://www.sabr.org/

Record - 2428-2271 .517

Last edited by disposableheros; 05-27-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #13
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post

Have all.

Have.

LGO you have the AA 1890 schedule? i need it for my ABF league . GMO does not have a 9 team 132 game shcedule.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote