Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:38 PM   #121
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Now we have the Adam Wainwright v Cy Blanton matchup in G4 (which I fully expect to lose).
And continuing the theme of "Home field advantage? What home field advantage?" the road team wins again, with Huntley, as predicted, rocking Wainwright for 5 runs in 1.2 innings, and then piling on 3 more against Steve Rogers in 2.1, to take game 4 8-3 and tie the series at 2!

Interesting to note, though, that your Frogs once again loaded the bases in the 9th inning, this time on an error, a single, and a walk against Hal Newhouser, necessitating an unexpected call to Gagne to close it out by striking out Lou Boudreau and inducing a groundout from Mike LaValliere. Gagne is now at 41% heading into the crucial game 5...will that cost Huntley?

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:11 PM   #122
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Gagne is now at 41% heading into the crucial game 5...will that cost Huntley?
Short answer: no.

Long answer: That's because the Fighting Frogs scored 5 off Warren Spahn to seize control of the series with a 6-3 win in the crucial game 5. Darin Erstad led the charge with 2 hits and 3 RBIs.

Now it's back to Huntley for game 6, which will feature the Frogs' CC Sabathia against Huntley's Roger Clemens--a matchup won by the Frogs 2-0 in game 2. Can Huntley force a game 7?

Old 06-30-2019, 11:12 PM   #123
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
And continuing the theme of "Home field advantage? What home field advantage?" the road team wins again, with Huntley, as predicted, rocking Wainwright for 5 runs in 1.2 innings, and then piling on 3 more against Steve Rogers in 2.1, to take game 4 8-3 and tie the series at 2!

Interesting to note, though, that your Frogs once again loaded the bases in the 9th inning, this time on an error, a single, and a walk against Hal Newhouser, necessitating an unexpected call to Gagne to close it out by striking out Lou Boudreau and inducing a groundout from Mike LaValliere. Gagne is now at 41% heading into the crucial game 5...will that cost Huntley?
As it would turn out, no. That's because, after getting rocked in G4, the Frogs pretty much led G5 wire to wire. A team has now finally won a home game in this series!

Hoot Gibson earned win #2 of the postseason in start #5. It was Gibson's first victory since a 12-K win in the opening game of the ACDS. Late season acquisition Nomar Garciaparra smacked a 2-RBI double and lefty reliever Jeremy Affeldt (added to the roster after the subleague series) contributed 0.2 scoreless IP.

La Crosse holds a 3-2 lead as the series shifts back to Huntley. For the 2nd straight week, against all odds, the Frogs are exactly one sim away...

With CC Sabathia going in G6, I'm ok with that. Feeling is if this goes to 7 games, there's little chance that my team wins.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:23 PM   #124
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Game 6
Atlantic City Blackjacks 5
Kansas City Athletics 4
Gleyber Torres named MVP

Getting promoted to Gold come tomorrow.
Glad to knock off a 115 win team!

Random awards:
Lenny Dykstra gold glove for CF (SE version for collecting all live series Phillies)
James Paxton takes home the Cy Young award (16-6, 2.97, 195 k's)
Vlad Guerror Jr finished 7th in MVP voting (.292, 24hr, 86 rbi, 150 games)

Wasn't expected to compete this year, was 43-48 pre-asb, and 45-26 post-asb

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:30 PM   #125
acclaim99
Major Leagues

So I went to use my 3k I earned from winning the chip to get packs.

I opened the last pack and saw a diamond Bob Gibson, then it crashed! Argh, from what I can tell, I got the Gibson and a Kerry Wood in the same pack.. that sures up my rotation I think.

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:04 AM   #126
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

When a potential season-ending simulation takes a long time to come back, it means the season did, in fact, end. Therefore, I offer a preemptive congratulations to the Fighting Frogs on their P403 championship!

Old 07-01-2019, 12:25 AM   #127
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

Name:  JonestownAthleticsChamps.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  334.5 KB

The Jonestown Athletics, after a fantastic regular season, have won their first Perfect League Championship by defeating the Kansas City Sons Of Pitches 4 games to 2.

The Athletics made the playoffs by winning 110 games during the regular season to win their division. The Athletics won game 5 of the Best of Five Series against the Dalton Storm Kings.

Then, in a battle of the Athletics, Jonestown was able to beat the Oakland A's in game 7 of their 7 game series to move on to the Championship Series.

Congratulations to all teams in P400 on a great season.

Last edited by lightningbolts35; 07-01-2019 at 12:51 AM.
lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:31 AM   #128
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
When a potential season-ending simulation takes a long time to come back, it means the season did, in fact, end. Therefore, I offer a preemptive congratulations to the Fighting Frogs on their P403 championship!
Seriously, congrats, waittilnextyear. The Frogs faced quite a gauntlet in the P403 playoffs and dominated. Enjoy the PL icon!
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2019, 12:45 AM   #129
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Another season... another disappointing exit in the sub-league series. Again, I lost to a really good, and obviously superior, team. It is pretty clear that 6 perfects and the rest historical diamonds is not enough. I may have to buy another week in the Alps for Markus.
Holiday in the Alps is not is pricey as you think.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:46 AM   #130
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons clawed their way to the top for the 1st time in perfect!
Attached Images
Old 07-01-2019, 12:48 AM   #131
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

Congratualtions to the Fighting Frogs!

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:53 AM   #132
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Seriously, congrats, waittilnextyear. The Frogs faced quite a gauntlet in the P403 playoffs and dominated. Enjoy the PL icon!
Thanks! It was a fun season and playoffs. I'm glad we were able to basically 'live blog' our way through it! Your team showed a lot of moxie as well, winning 121 games and then rallying from a 3-1 deficit in the subleague series. A really well-constructed roster that was a hair's breadth from a 32-game winning streak at one point!

And, JasonC23 being the consummate class act...

"I hope they have a big celebration," Huntley manager JasonC23 said. "They deserved to win this series and they deserve to celebrate it."

Old 07-01-2019, 12:54 AM   #133
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Congrats to both Jonestown and Evergreen Forest on joining La Crosse in the pantheon of Perfect level champs!

Old 07-01-2019, 03:54 AM   #134
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Feels great waking up to my first PT20 trophy!
Attached Images
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:02 AM   #135
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninYakAngler View Post
YakAnglers sweep their way into the Gold .302 Series! Now we await the winner of the NC between the very strong New York Tigers and our PocketsAintFull's Painters Wife's Islanders. The Tigers lead 3-2 and are headed back to New York. Gonna be tough. I'd imagine the winner of that series will win the championship.

The Marathoners were one game shy of taking the wildcard. They just fell apart the last week and went something like 2-8. Not the way to get it done,
Hey, congratulations on your season

Islanders fell 4-2 in the CS, but are headed to Diamond!
Old 07-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #136
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Raccoons clawed their way to the top for the 1st time in perfect!

I was really hoping the Summoners would get a chance to go up against you in the finals, but that Bay Area team is pretty scrappy. Congratulations and hopefully we'll face off soon :-D

F2P:
Canthereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:01 AM   #137
sharknut
All Star Reserve

My Chiles got a ring!

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:43 AM   #138
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
Went up 2-0 in the Division Series and promptly choked it hard, losing 3-2 in the series including 2 on the road and the final at home.
This. One win away from Diamond and the Redlegs lost three in a row. I guess we didn't deserve to get promotion.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #139
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthereon View Post
I was really hoping the Summoners would get a chance to go up against you in the finals, but that Bay Area team is pretty scrappy. Congratulations and hopefully we'll face off soon :-D

Thanks! If I remember correctly, your team had over 110 wins? Yeah, it would have been an interesting series. On the one hand, I was glad the Black Cats won since I wanted to win my 1st perfect title, but on the other hand, it's more fun to win when you're playing the best teams so I was also disappointed your team lost. Hopefully we'll run into each other again. Good luck in the upcoming season!