Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

View Poll Results: Are There Too Many Perfect Leagues?
Yes 31 57.41%
No 23 42.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #21
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Deleted to keep the peace.

Last edited by HRBaker; 06-10-2019 at 03:08 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #22
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
It's a pay-to-win game designed to make a profit for its developer. The whole purpose of the game is to entice people to spend money.
Absolutely! I 100% agree with that. I spend some $$ each season to improve and compete. I'm not a whale, but I would say 1/2 whale. And if you want remain competitive and spend, that's great. But for people who don't spend and get promoted early on (because they bought the game right when it came out)just to fill up higher tier leagues, I just think there's got to be a way for them to remain competitive and not lose interest or tank. I don't know what the answer is for those people...

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #23
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Not to be argumentative, but what your saying then is the game is only for people willing to spend money beyond the original $40 for the game - and if you don't like that - don't play. Do I have that right?

If that's the case, Perfect Team should then be a standalone entity rather than an added option to a classic game.

We all have our opinions, but the constant "suggestion" that the game is fine the way it is and these posts should be closed if you don't agree is getting really old.

If that's the staff's opinion as well - why not shut down the forums entirely?

I think he is more saying that they want people to get frustrated by losing, so they give in and spend money to compete with the whales.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #24
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Last edited by HRBaker; 06-10-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:19 PM   #25
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I think he is more saying that they want people to get frustrated by losing, so they give in and spend money to compete with the whales.
I don't know how many years that is sustainable though. Someone might be fooled the first time but there are already a lot of players this year who realized that you can have more fun for less money by not rat racing up to perfect, come ootp 21 if the system is still the same then I would expect the number of people buying points to keep dropping and the number content to stay at low levels to rise.

But the developers are smart people and have a lot more data than us to work off of, maybe they have concluded it isn't an issue for them.

Last edited by dkgo; 06-10-2019 at 01:22 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #26
daves
Hall Of Famer

If there was a way to sort Perfect league teams like horse racing:

Perfect leagues of teams with no perfect championships
Perfect league with winners of 1 to 3 perfect titles
Perfect league with more than 3 titles.

This puts Perfect Leagues at different levels.

Otherwise don’t change it. I am looking forward to the whale that spends thousands on his team but does not win a title every season then complains on how unfair the game is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by daves; 06-10-2019 at 06:54 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #27
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
If there was a way to sort Perfect league teams like horse racing:

Perfect leagues of teams with no perfect championships
Perfect league with winners of 1 to 3 perfect titles
Perfect league with more than 3 titles.

This put Perfect and different levels.

Otherwise don’t change it. I am looking forward to the whale that spends thousands on his team but does not win a title every season then complains on how unfair the game is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda like that idea.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #28
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not to be argumentative, but what your saying then is the game is only for people willing to spend money beyond the original $40 for the game - and if you don't like that - don't play. Do I have that right?
That's not what I said at all. Quit trying to twist my words into something that you can hate. That is being argumentative. Let's try again.

The game is not a public service. It is a profit-seeking venture. The game designers are highly motivated to get you to spend money. THAT'S what I said.

I never said that you can't play it free (excluding the initial $40 for the software license) if you want. I never said that if you don't like the monetary aspect of the game you shouldn't play. I never said this thread should be closed, or that the people posting their opinions are wrong. I didn't even respond to you; I responded to someone else, who then agreed with my premise but added his own opinion on why he differs with what I said. That's constructive discussion.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #29
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Last edited by HRBaker; 06-10-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #30
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The developers are trying to improve the game, next with collections and tournaments to follow thereafter. Until they get these features implemented the promotion/relegation system shouldn't be changed, but they need to reduce the number of perfect leagues by promoting fewer into them and relegating more out of them. Otherwise, the game is just fine the way it is.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #31
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It might be beneficial, however, to let some ideas ride without always suggesting "things are fine the way they are". It comes off as our opinions don't matter.
The original poster invited diverse opinions. If you don't like that, take it up with him. And again, you are the one being argumentative.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #32
neugey
All Star Reserve

IMO 8-12 Perfect leagues might be about the right amount.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #33
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

If you take a look at the WHOLE of the PT universe, there are very few perfect leagues, and all the teams in Perfect Leagues deserve to be there. Most of them, undisputedly.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #34
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I like the idea of having to win the Diamond WS in order to get to Perfect. I've been close to reaching Perfect the last few years but have no titles to speak of, and it would be disappointing to be stuck in Perfect with nothing to show for it.

Either that, or drastically increase the relegation from Perfect. Or some combination of both. I also like the Champions League idea.

The solution is definitely not to add another level between Diamond and Perfect, as that is just papering over the cracks and not addressing the root problems of the current system.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:04 AM   #35
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Curious how many Perfect leagues we have in OOTP XX vs. OOTP 19. If I recall from stats I saw over the weekend, there are roughly 10K teams in XX vs. 14-15K teams in 19. But I did not look at # of leagues.

By that measure, there should be roughly only 65-70% of the number of Perfect leagues in XX vs. 19, if we assess that 19 had promotion rates that were at the correct frequency and no other bias was present.

Regarding the suggestion above of layering folks into Perfect leagues by # of championships won, would agree that would be a reasonable way to approach the pooling of teams at the level.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #36
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post
Curious how many Perfect leagues we have in OOTP XX vs. OOTP 19. If I recall from stats I saw over the weekend, there are roughly 10K teams in XX vs. 14-15K teams in 19. But I did not look at # of leagues.

By that measure, there should be roughly only 65-70% of the number of Perfect leagues in XX vs. 19, if we assess that 19 had promotion rates that were at the correct frequency and no other bias was present.

Regarding the suggestion above of layering folks into Perfect leagues by # of championships won, would agree that would be a reasonable way to approach the pooling of teams at the level.
If my numbers are right...

20 Perfect Levels in PT19 of 481 leagues (4.1%)
25 Perfect Levels in PT20 of 342 leagues (7.3%)

It seems the Devs have added twice as many Perfect teams to PT20 - part of the reason for disparity in talent?

Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #37
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:

It seems the Devs have added twice as many Perfect teams to PT20 - part of the reason for disparity in talent?

Would more perfect leagues dilute the talent in perfect?

That's been my observation over the last few weeks.

I still like the idea of a champions league composed of all Perfect winners that relegates everyone but the Champions league winner and all Perfect League winners promote to Champions league.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #38
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Before the launch of PT2.0 I was expecting there to be a lower percentage of teams in Perfect, given that there was the addition of another tier at the bottom of the pyramid. Instead, there is a higher percentage, and with more teams being promoted than relegated, and with far fewer teams entering the bottom of the pyramid than there was in PT19, that percentage is only going to continue to increase.

I'm guessing this was a conscious effort, letting more teams take pride in ascending to the highest level, even if that designation is greatly diluted. I'm not a fan, but if the devs want to have it this way as an appeal to the psychological aspects of the game, there really isn't much we can do to change their minds.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #39
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Before the launch of PT2.0 I was expecting there to be a lower percentage of teams in Perfect, given that there was the addition of another tier at the bottom of the pyramid. Instead, there is a higher percentage, and with more teams being promoted than relegated, and with far fewer teams entering the bottom of the pyramid than there was in PT19, that percentage is only going to continue to increase.

I'm guessing this was a conscious effort, letting more teams take pride in ascending to the highest level, even if that designation is greatly diluted. I'm not a fan, but if the devs want to have it this way as an appeal to the psychological aspects of the game, there really isn't much we can do to change their minds.
Here's a direct comparison between the two versions at the moment...

PT19...
Per 4%
Dia 9%
Gol 19%
Sil 31%
Bro 39%

PT20...
Per 8%
Dia 9%
Gol 15%
Sil 18%
Bro 24%
Iro 28%

With 4 teams Up and 2 teams Down at the end of this season the numbers will be about the same assuming there isn't a large influx of new teams which would bring all the numbers down in favor of a larger number in Iron.

The better talent was definitely concentrated more in the top two levels in PT19 - and I thought at the time it should be even tighter because of the 40 game leads the Perfect winners were recording. Those same spreads are in PT2 Perfect Levels (and Charlatan mentioned a 75 game lead above!) so it appears the Devs are ok with this.

The poll above is only 40 people (but probably represents 120 teams) is two-to-one in favor of reducing the number of Perfect teams.

All we can do is wait and see.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #40
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The poll above is only 40 people (but probably represents 120 teams) is two-to-one in favor of reducing the number of Perfect teams.
This poll is not scientific because the sample is not random. The results are meaningless and no valid conclusions can be drawn from it.