Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #121
Magus978
All Star Starter

No promotion to diamond this week for the Brooklyn Dynasty. They lost out in 5 games in the divisional round. However, after some sales, I was able to add a lot of new talent, and we're ready to make another promotion push next week. The Dynasty will get to Diamond eventually...and then unceremoniously dumped back to gold, because that's how these things work.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #122
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Fighting Saints are in the world series against the New Orleans Brees

I have Kevin Brown (98) on the road facing Greg Maddux (100)....both our parks are hitters parks.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #123
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE !

The Conlon Collectors coast through the Division and Sub-League series, 3-0 and 4-0. Then they meet the wildcard team from the National Conference and drop the World Series 4 games to 1.

Team Batting Average - .169 (.282 for season, 1st in AC))
Team Pitching - 3.64 ERA (2.79 for season, 1st in AC)

A 133-29 team against a 98-64 wildcard. I may have a hangover in the morning....
Attached Images

Last edited by HRBaker; 06-02-2019 at 09:56 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:52 PM   #124
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

The Jonestown Athletics got hot in the months of August and September compiling a 37-20 record to win the NC West Division. The difference began with the benching of Jose Conseco, moving Reggie Jackson from centerfield to rightfield, moving Ricky Henderson from left field to center, and starting Al Simmons in left.The starting pitching improved but my relief pitching was still bad. I added 100 Rob Dibble and 100 Craig Kimbrel with 3 games left in the season to help in the playoffs.

The Athletics defeated the St. Louis River Otters (a great team that beat the A's in 5 of their 7 regular season meetings) 3 games to 0 in first round of the playoffs. Then it was on to the second round to play the Suwannee Chrome Hearts (another outstanding team that beat the A's 4 of the 7 games during the regular season). The streaking Athletics defeated the Chrome Hearts 4 games to 2.

Now it's on to the Championship Series vs San Diego Music (a fantastic team that won 102 games during the regular season). The A's and the Music did not play during the regular season. The Music have won 4 Series Championships including a Perfect League Championship. The A's have won 3 Series Championships but this is their first time in the Perfect League Playoffs after missing the playoffs last year in their first year in Perfect League. The A's seem to be outclassed but they are hoping to continue their current hot streak. Good luck to both squads!

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #125
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Good luck Athletics against the Music. Tough opponent there.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:07 PM   #126
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Fighting Saints and the Brees are tied 1-1.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #127
Izz
Hall Of Famer

B'sin'Glou, who are still running 52OVR Kyle Wright in the rotation, finished their first season in diamond at 80-82 (pythag of 82-80). We added 86OVR Kevin Appier to the rotation via the AH during the season, and finally parted ways at season's end with Jose Ramirez. From our end of season packs, our only decent pull was 85OVR Jesse Burkett, who looks at this stage like replacing 84OVR Killebrew at DH vs RHP.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 06-02-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:10 PM   #128
Will_L
All Star Reserve

NYC Subway Rats go the distance behind the pitching of Carl Hubbell. Pitching Triple Crown winner, Pitcher of the Year and MVP in S253.
Attached Images
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:13 PM   #129
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
NYC Subway Rats go the distance behind the pitching of Carl Hubbell. Pitching Triple Crown winner, Pitcher of the Year and MVP in S253.

Nice!

Old 06-02-2019, 11:17 PM   #130
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The Miners fall in game 7 to the Incheon Yuzuru, 9-4. My starting pitcher Bill Halahan went 2.2 innings giving up 8 runs. Yes he led the league in ERA at 2.59 this season.
MVP was our Edgar Renteria.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:58 PM   #131
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

The Miracle Season of the Jonestown Athletics came to a disappointing end at the hand of the buzz saw known as the San Diego Music. The Music defeated the Athletics 4 games to 1. The series featured 4 of 5 games decided by one run but in the end, the A's were just not strong enough. Congratulations to the San Diego Music!

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:32 AM   #132
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Sad to see you lose this way, no disrespect to Jakku, you had the better team by landslide.... I was looking forward for an epic battle.

Maybe next season, good luck and well played sir!

Thanks! I was really hoping to get to play your Bombers in the playoffs. I figured we'd probably lose, but it would have been nice to get a shot at taking the best down.

Congratulations on your WS win over the Bobcats! Too bad we never got to play the Bobcats during the regular season. It would have been interesting since they too have a great team.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:49 AM   #133
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

The Summoners will be promoted after a tough Sub League Series loss, to the LA Dodgers 4-3. The Dodgers were able to come back from a 3 games to 1 deficit to win the series. Ace Don Sutton was off of his game, giving up 12 runs in 7.1 innings, thanks to 3 home runs.
EDIT: Don wound up winning Pitcher of the Year for the third time in 4 years and the NC MVP award, collecting a 2.14 ERA, 2.53 FIP, 1.00 WHIP, and a 9.0 WAR

The Wizards will head to the silver league after losing the Bronze Level Series 4 games to 2. This one is not unexpected, as the Suwon KiDS brought a much stronger team with Ace Max Scherzer and Center Fielder Duke Snider leading the way.

F2P:

Last edited by Canthereon; 06-03-2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Updates!
Canthereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:55 AM   #134
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

First PT20 Perfect League championship!

On the same day their PT19 counterpart won their first-ever Perfect League championship, the Huntley Red Raiders were doubly blessed, as the PT20 Red Raiders won their first Perfect League championship (third PT20 title overall)!

The Red Raiders, seeded first in the P403 NC with a 111-51 record, fought off an impressive challenge from the 92-win Cerritos Volts in the Division Series before toppling the 98-win Cliffside Park Crush in the Sub-League Series to make it to their first Perfect League Series.

There, the Red Raiders faced the Aliquippa Quips, who, besides having a fantastic name, had survived the death gauntlet that was the AC side of the P403 bracket; the 5 AC P403 playoff teams won 104, 107, 108, 109, and 116 games! Aliquippa came in red-hot, having upset the 107-win Virginia Beach Freaks in the Wild Care game, the 116-win juggernaut Glendale Golden Grizzlies in the Division Series, and the 108-win Spearfish Blackhawks in the Sub-League Series, losing only 2 games on their way to the Perfect League Series showdown with Huntley.

Aliquippa took game 1, but Huntley rattled off 3 straight wins to find themselves on the brink of a championship. Aliquippa delayed the Huntley parade by winning Game 5, but a 6-0 victory in Game 6 that featured Warren Spahn outdueling Perfect Pedro gave Huntley the Series win!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:05 AM   #135
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I did pull my second Negro League player set. Smokey Joe Williams is now my #2 starter on my Golden Lions team.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:10 AM   #136
Goliathus
Major Leagues

My only highlight this season:

Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #137
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My Motown Stars finished around .500 in Bronze, but they are a team built around hitting (park effects are jacked to the max). Our highlight was awards!
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #138
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Well the Totallers took the Texas Phenom to 5 games in the division series, but lost, yet I'm quite proud of their season.

The Gashouse Gorillas though, took the silver crown after squeaking in on the wild card. Woohoo. First PT20 Championship!

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:04 AM   #139
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Thanks! I was really hoping to get to play your Bombers in the playoffs. I figured we'd probably lose, but it would have been nice to get a shot at taking the best down.

Congratulations on your WS win over the Bobcats! Too bad we never got to play the Bobcats during the regular season. It would have been interesting since they too have a great team.
Your Raccoons were better built to beat my team than the Bobcats, don't get me wrong the Bobcats are a phenomenal team, but they are a similar team than mine, yours was built in a way where it highlighted some of my weaknesses.... evidence of that was your team being the only team in 8 seasons who I have a losing record with.

Congrats on winning pitcher of the year and the many awards!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #140
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Two of my teams qualified for the Front page...

Conlon Collectors moved up to Silver, even though they lost the World Series. They have produced three 130+ win seasons in a row, and although I don't expect a repeat in Silver, I do expect us to continue on our path Up. This team has had horrendous luck in playoff games, so hoping to turn that around.

In the meantime, I had some tremendous good luck with the The Chandler Memorials (1900-1950 players). I had decided to test my luck buying packs and landed a Perfect Mickey Mantle! Since I couldn't use him (after 1950) I sold him and managed to get SS Arky Vaughn, SP Sad Sam Jones, and SP Harry Brecheen for the roster. I bought another 24 packs and who pops up but a Perfect Roger Clemens! Again, I couldn't use him on the team, so I sold him and managed to get three more players - 1B Jimmie Foxx, 3B Frank Walker, and 1B Lou Gehrig (going to use him as DH).

Net affect; added 2 Perfects (Foxx and Gehrig), and 4 Diamonds to the team, and still have almost 80,000 PPs.

Sometimes, the Lords of Chaos are irritating someone else.

Last edited by HRBaker; 06-03-2019 at 09:15 AM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote