Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-12-2018, 09:18 PM   #21
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfslice View Post
I may be one of the few hoping injuries translate to OOTP. It'll keep things spicy and make you think twice about picking up a LIVE card for an injury prone player.... or maybe you buy a cheap card banking on someone's tommy john surgery working out.

Either way, things like this would actually separate Perfect Team from other sport game card collections. Right now Perfect Team isn't doing a single original thing, imo--- not even one.
Injuries would be impossible to manage unless you turn control of the roster over to the AI, and I would never want to do that.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:13 AM   #22
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Injuries would be impossible to manage unless you turn control of the roster over to the AI, and I would never want to do that.
One way to potentially do it is to allow injured players to remain on the roster, but they play severely gimped and essentially should be replaced ASAP. That way you wouldn't forfeit games or anything due to a missing slot if you weren't around to manage a chunk of games.

If I was building the system I'd probably ignore the the 10 day DL all together. It's somewhat silly to miss a player for close to 2 years of sim time due to a blister.
wolfslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #23
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I may be one of the few hoping injuries translate to OOTP. It'll keep things spicy and make you think twice about picking up a LIVE card for an injury prone player.... or maybe you buy a cheap card banking on someone's tommy john surgery working out.

Either way, things like this would actually separate Perfect Team from other sport game card collections. Right now Perfect Team isn't doing a single original thing, imo--- not even one.
The hard part about injuries, is how to we justify someone spending points on a player (either earned or real money) and then that player gets hurt. There are some serious negative implications that could arise from that. Not saying it will never happen, but the logistics of it would need to be near perfect to make it work.

As for your comment that "Perfect Team isn't doing a single original thing" are there many other card collecting modes that offer promotion/relegation based on weekly season results with the depth of ratings/stats and the player pool we offer?

I don't mind creative and constructive criticism, but saying we don't offer a single original thing is just not true

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #24
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
The hard part about injuries, is how to we justify someone spending points on a player (either earned or real money) and then that player gets hurt. There are some serious negative implications that could arise from that. Not saying it will never happen, but the logistics of it would need to be near perfect to make it work.

As for your comment that "Perfect Team isn't doing a single original thing" are there many other card collecting modes that offer promotion/relegation based on weekly season results with the depth of ratings/stats and the player pool we offer?

I don't mind creative and constructive criticism, but saying we don't offer a single original thing is just not true
I enjoy the mode, don't get me wrong. It's just that if I'm being honest, it's really not playing up OOTP's fundamental simulation strengths. With no injuries, minors, contracts, prospect packages, or even managing through a game itself, it's pretty barebones.

I understand it's logistically difficult or even impossible to add ANY of those things under the current business model, and in the end I'm more or less fine with the model-- and understand it-- but at the same time I will gladly take all the spice the devs are willing to add to this simulation and be thankful for it.

Anyway the original comment probably came off a little harsher than I intended. There was enough to Perfect Team to make me a first time buyer of OOTP, coming over from MLB The Show.
wolfslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #25
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am with you on that my friend. It could turn out to be one big mess....
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #26
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post

I agree with you my friend. In fact some of it might be to original. (Again, just my opinion) If I paid a fortune for A top Player and he was having a bad year or got injured in real life I would be very pissed off. Not at you my friend but I am sure I would never buy another player at all worth more then 100 PT. Which would probably make me stop playing this mode. I spend quite a bit of money on this mode but I do it on my judgement and not the luck of a draw like a player having a bad year or a bad injury taking him out for a time. After all, As it is right now The players stats very from season to season with the same atributes but those are the atributes I bought so I can live with those results. I do not think I could live with paying for a player to have his atributes go down because of his live play. In that case I would just play fantasy baseball and at least have a chance of making money on the results. Not a complaint just my opinion and we all have one good or bad.

Last edited by Zorro; 12-13-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #27
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I enjoy the mode, don't get me wrong. It's just that if I'm being honest, it's really not playing up OOTP's fundamental simulation strengths. With no injuries, minors, contracts, prospect packages, or even managing through a game itself, it's pretty barebones.

I understand it's logistically difficult or even impossible to add ANY of those things under the current business model, and in the end I'm more or less fine with the model-- and understand it-- but at the same time I will gladly take all the spice the devs are willing to add to this simulation and be thankful for it.

Anyway the original comment probably came off a little harsher than I intended. There was enough to Perfect Team to make me a first time buyer of OOTP, coming over from MLB The Show.

of course, this is basically the first iteration of PT; so there's nothing to say that it won't expand/evolve as we watch it unfold... nothing wrong with starting at the 'barebones' level and growing from there.... (heck, compare OOTP1 to OOTP19... to see how the game itself has changed over time)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #28
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:

If there are too many things that practically force people to log in every hour or so to manage the things that you want, I believe there will be a mass exodus. I am retired and have time on most days to deal with this type change if I choose to. However there are literally thousands of people playing PT that never come here to post, or lurk. or any other reason. These people have jobs and families that preclude this game or any other. There are many like you that bought OOTP exclusively to play PT. They will simply disappear as customers.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #29
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I agree with you my friend. In fact some of it might be to original. (Again, just my opinion) If I paid a fortune for A top Player and he was having a bad year or got injured in real life I would be very pissed off. Not at you my friend but I am sure I would never buy another player at all worth more then 100 PT. Which would probably make me stop playing this mode. I spend quite a bit of money on this mode but I do it on my judgement and not the luck of a draw like a player having a bad year or a bad injury taking him out for a time. After all, As it is right now The players stats very from season to season with the same atributes but those are the atributes I bought so I can live with those results. I do not think I could live with paying for a player to have his atributes go down because of his live play. In that case I would just play fantasy baseball and at least have a chance of making money on the results. Not a complaint just my opinion and we all have one good or bad.

I am with you my friend. There is a large enough crap shoot now with what a player may or may not achieve. I will be here for OOTP 20 PT.
But, I will begin changing my initial roster immediately after the 6 packs of starter cards, if that is still the beginning format. I will play only historical card types(as I go along) and never, ever, invest in a live card.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #30
waylander
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post

I am with you my friend. There is a large enough crap shoot now with what a player may or may not achieve. I will be here for OOTP 20 PT.
But, I will begin changing my initial roster immediately after the 6 packs of starter cards, if that is still the beginning format. I will play only historical card types(as I go along) and never, ever, invest in a live card.
You are not alone my friend. I see the value of historical cards sky rocketing next year, because you know they will not degrade in value.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #31
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I wouldnt have too much of a problem with in game injuries. I'd rather have it the way it is now because I dont really have a lot of time to check all the time so setting my line up and letting it sim is great.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #32
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
I wouldnt have too much of a problem with in game injuries. I'd rather have it the way it is now because I dont really have a lot of time to check all the time so setting my line up and letting it sim is great.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
If there were injuries in game, the winners would consist of managers who could spend 14 hours a day monitoring their team. That's a terrible idea IMO. I'd quit as soon as I got screwed by injuries when I had no access to the game.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #33
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Injuries (or anything else that require micro-managing for that matter) will never work in a mode of play like PT without an appropriate way to automate the accompanying micromanagement.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Injuries (or anything else that require micro-managing for that matter) will never work in a mode of play like PT without an appropriate way to automate the accompanying micromanagement.
This. Injuries & other micromanagement tasks that could potentially stop a simulation (due to roster errors) will never be part of PT.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #35
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is about building your perfect fantasy team or trying to win with a team of just bronze players or a team of players from the 1940s.

If you want to play a game with full OOTP features, play OOTP?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote