Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
cultbuscus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick Question on Historical Minors

Hi guys, running a sim from 1871, and planning to take it to modern day. I have historical minor leagues on, and I know that pops up in 1919 (maybe 1920)?

If I want minors earlier, and create some fictional minor leagues, will they be automatically deleted when the real minors come back around? Or if I create a couple Rookie or Single A leagues they will stick around when historical minors kick in?

Edit: Actually, just thought it this too: any way to keep the Federal League and Negro Leagues around after they are supposed to die off?

Last edited by cultbuscus; 04-25-2017 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Another question.
cultbuscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Check out Tiger Fan's new dynasty he has an interesting way of keeping the Federal League going with Negro Leagues.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=277671
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Check out Tiger Fan's new dynasty he has an interesting way of keeping the Federal League going with Negro Leagues.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=277671
I don't believe Tiger Fan describes how he keeps (or intends to keep - I don't think his dynasty has reached that era yet) the Federal League going. Without any changes, it will of course disappear after its two-year run in 1914-15.

That said, in a test league I unaffiliated the Federal League with MLB, and it sticks around. So I would imagine that you could keep the Negro Leagues - and any other league (the long-running Southeastern League, Western League, or Southern Association, as examples) - around by doing the same thing. Of course, if you do you may end up with two teams with the same name For example, the Lincoln Chiefs of the 1958 Western League moved to the 3-I League for 1959 after the Western League folded. So if you kept the Western League around and made no other changes, in 1959 you'd have the Lincoln Chiefs in the Western League (as an independent team) and the Lincoln Chiefs in the 3-I League as an affiliate of the White Sox... Still, it opens up possibilities, especially if you are ok with making some manual changes to keep things semi-realistic.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
JaBurns
All Star Starter

You are correct I was just giving cultbuscus an idea that I found intriguing that I may also try; I also like your idea of unaffiliating the Federal League. Can you explain in more detail?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:08 PM   #5
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I also like your idea of unaffiliating the Federal League. Can you explain in more detail?
Sure. First off, I can't say for sure that it will work regardless of how you set up your game. In my case I first followed Tiger Fan's instructions here - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=276256 - and then I expanded my minors & added a few more as time went by. Then the Federal League appeared - as expected & on schedule. After all leagues - including the Federal League - completed the 1914 season (the first of two for the Fed Lg), I unaffiliated it from MLB (by going to League Settings > League & Teams panel, then changing Parent League from 'Major League Baseball' to 'Not affiliated'). The Fed League played on just fine for it's second season (1915), and then - when I advanced to the 1915-16 offseason, which is when the Fed Lg would normally go away - it was still there. It continued to exist through the end of the 1916 season... I haven't gone past that yet...

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need add'l info... And report back if you try it!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #6
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This only works if a league has no affiliated clubs in its future. If you unaffiliated the PCL for instance it will switch back to affiliated the next year. So it really only works for the Federal League. The Negro Leagues go away in 1949 no matter how they are set.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #7
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
This only works if a league has no affiliated clubs in its future. If you unaffiliated the PCL for instance it will switch back to affiliated the next year. So it really only works for the Federal League. The Negro Leagues go away in 1949 no matter how they are set.
I would think that leagues like the Western League, if you unaffiliated them just prior its last season, it would continue on, just like the Federal League. No?

As for the Negro Leagues, I'm not sure why they would be different than the Federal League. If anything, they are more like the Federal League in that neither league ever had a team with an MLB affiliation; the Negro Leagues simply lasted much longer... Certainly not doubting you, but wondering what the difference is.

That said, I'm wondering if - just before OOTP kills of the Negro Leagues - one couldn't simply create a new league and move some or all of the Negro League teams into it, thus preserving them to a degree.. (Just spit-balling, off the top o' me 'ed... Maybe you can't edit league structure during the time it would be necessary to do so?).
Old 04-28-2017, 10:24 PM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
I would think that leagues like the Western League, if you unaffiliated them just prior its last season, it would continue on, just like the Federal League. No? Yes

As for the Negro Leagues, I'm not sure why they would be different than the Federal League. If anything, they are more like the Federal League in that neither league ever had a team with an MLB affiliation; the Negro Leagues simply lasted much longer... Certainly not doubting you, but wondering what the difference is. They are hard coded to die.

That said, I'm wondering if - just before OOTP kills of the Negro Leagues - one couldn't simply create a new league and move some or all of the Negro League teams into it, thus preserving them to a degree.. (Just spit-balling, off the top o' me 'ed... Maybe you can't edit league structure during the time it would be necessary to do so?).
Since they would not be Negro Leagues this would work but they will quickly fill with Caucazoids. Only the team names would be preserved.