Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
henry296
All Star Reserve

Historical Settings help

Here is what I'm trying to create and want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Start the league in 1901 with 16 teams, no auto-expansion checked and randomize cities with random debut I I want to use 1990 stats and have them not change over time but I want to use 2016 financial settings since those dollar figures make sense.

My issue seems to be with the financials. The attendance baseline is 33,000 but the average team is averaging about 10K and the median payroll is $70MM. The highest paid player is $28MM I did set a salary cap with 100% sharing so hopefully there won't be any cash issues. I did uncheck the import adjusted financial settings.

For the stats, I have unchecked the automatically adjust league strategy. Should I check or uncheck the adjust league total modifiers? Should I sim to the opening day of each season and run Auto-Calc? What if I want to run it for 50 years to see what happens. Are my stats going to go crazy if i don't auto-calcu the modifiers?
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #2
henry296
All Star Reserve

The other thing i'm seeing is that starters are pitching too long like it is the 1910s, but hitting stats look like 1990.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
The other thing i'm seeing is that starters are pitching too long like it is the 1910s, but hitting stats look like 1990.
What you want to do is tie your Player Creation Modifiers, Strategy Settings, and League Totals Modifiers to 1990 and then uncheck the "Automatically import..." boxes for each of them. That way managers will mostly behave like it's 1990 even when it's not, and players will be created more like they were in 1990. I would strongly suggest sticking with financials on a season by season basis as you advance through history because things can get a bit messy if you don't. You can still have free agency in 1901 and forward. You just have to turn off the reserve clause.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
henry296
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
What you want to do is tie your Player Creation Modifiers, Strategy Settings, and League Totals Modifiers to 1990 and then uncheck the "Automatically import..." boxes for each of them. That way managers will mostly behave like it's 1990 even when it's not, and players will be created more like they were in 1990. I would strongly suggest sticking with financials on a season by season basis as you advance through history because things can get a bit messy if you don't. You can still have free agency in 1901 and forward. You just have to turn off the reserve clause.
It is working correctly from a setup perspective. I just ran a 1990 sim without random debut with mostly default settings and the pitchers are going just a bit long. In my sim starters are going a bit deeper into games and with low injuries more pitchers are staying healthy resulting in twice as many pitchers with over 200 IP.

I setup another league using 1990 as the start year with random debut and got a player with 279 SOs and he batter 269 with a 442 BABIP. in that same sim, Babe Ruth came in as a 24 yo OF an hit 71 HRs.

Is the best way to get a 16 team league with random debut to pick a MLB year with that many teams or it can it be done through a fictional start?
Old 04-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
It is working correctly from a setup perspective. I just ran a 1990 sim without random debut with mostly default settings and the pitchers are going just a bit long. In my sim starters are going a bit deeper into games and with low injuries more pitchers are staying healthy resulting in twice as many pitchers with over 200 IP.

I setup another league using 1990 as the start year with random debut and got a player with 279 SOs and he batter 269 with a 442 BABIP. in that same sim, Babe Ruth came in as a 24 yo OF an hit 71 HRs.

Is the best way to get a 16 team league with random debut to pick a MLB year with that many teams or it can it be done through a fictional start?
My point was if you're going to have LTMs from one season, you'll also want PCMs and Strategy Settings to be tied to the same season to keep things uniform. Financials will work best if you progress through history with them as they were.

There are 16 team MLB leagues from 1882 through 1960 so there are a lot of years to choose from there. I don't know much about fictional setups since I don't play fictionals, so unfortunately I can't advise you there.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
linguas.amo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Historical League Expansion

I have a question on this since I started my historical simulation in 1876 with the inception of the National League. Since I have selected automatic expansion, will the game get rid of the Brooklyn Atlantics (disbanded in 1875) and the Cleveland Blues (never existed unless referencing the Hartford Dark Blues)?

Last edited by linguas.amo; 04-23-2017 at 07:21 PM.
linguas.amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:56 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguas.amo View Post
I have a question on this since I started my historical simulation in 1876 with the inception of the National League. Since I have selected automatic expansion, will the game get rid of the Brooklyn Atlantics (disbanded in 1875) and the Cleveland Blues (never existed unless referencing the Hartford Dark Blues)?
Atlantics will gradually morph into Dodgers and Blues will morph into Indians.