Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2016, 04:13 PM   #1281
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Is there ever going to be a demo for FHM 2?
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:45 AM   #1282
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomatty View Post
Is there any plans on adding drag and drop capabilities to touch screen displays? I enjoy playing the game in tablet mode but you can't change lineups or anything which makes it very difficult to get much done lol. I ask because in OOTP drag and drop works great.
Hopefully if more and more people will keep on asking, they will...
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:06 PM   #1283
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

I'm confused by the Major Roles.

For instance, I changed Mark Giordano's role from Offensive to Two-Way and he got angry. But in real life, he's exactly that -- expected to contribute offensively while still being on the #1 shutdown pairing against the other team's best line.

I changed Michael Ferland's role from Two-Way to Power Forward, which should be a "step up" but he became unhappy. That should have given him a boost of confidence that management see's more potential in him.

I would argue that Two-Way is being underrated. Most players are expected to contribute in both ends of the rink or they wouldn't be in the NHL. I don't play with any team other than the Flames but I suspect that if I set Toews or Kopitar to "Two-Way", they'd become unhappy as well when they are the epitome of the best Two-Way players in the game.

Regardless, can players adapt to their new roles in FHM2 or is it static? Also, how long do they remain unhappy?

Thanks.
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:01 PM   #1284
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Is there ever going to be a demo for FHM 2?
I highly doubt it; however, there is a return policy through OOTP. So if you buy the game and decide it isn't for you, you do have time to get a full refund.

Quote:
OOTP Developments has a 14-day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee. This policy only applies to games purchased directly through Out of the Park Developments as explained here. So if you buy the game from the Apple App Store or through Steam or from Amazon, etc., then you'll have to contact those companies to see if you can get a refund. But beware that getting refunds for software purchased through third parties may not always be possible. You might want to contact them first or try a demo first before purchasing through a third party.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:41 AM   #1285
MattODU
Bat Boy

If I have custom league and want to expand it, will the new expansion teams get their own new minor league affiliate team?
MattODU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:35 AM   #1286
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattODU View Post
If I have custom league and want to expand it, will the new expansion teams get their own new minor league affiliate team?
Yes, as new teams are added, new affiliates were appear as well.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:48 AM   #1287
landru22
Major Leagues

Is there any way to edit a player's free agent type? If I wanted to make a UFA to an RFA, is there any way to do this (and visa-versa)?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #1288
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Is there any way to edit a player's free agent type? If I wanted to make a UFA to an RFA, is there any way to do this (and visa-versa)?
Yes, with commissioner mode enabled, open the players profile, under Bio tab (default), change the league rights. To make a player a UFA, change it to "Free". To make a player a RFA change it to the team that you want to hold his rights.
Attached Images

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-30-2016 at 12:35 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #1289
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Yes, with commissioner mode enabled, open the players profile, under Bio tab (default), change the league rights. To make a player a UFA, change it to "Free". To make a player a RFA change it to the team that you want to hold his rights.
Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't seem to work. When I change an RFA and click "Free", his league rights revert right back to the team he is under contract with. This might work on July 1st though when the contract expires. That was my back-up plan if all else failed.

What I was trying to do was change a player's free agent type BEFORE the contract expires. Is there any way to do this?
Old 01-30-2016, 02:01 PM   #1290
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't seem to work. When I change an RFA and click "Free", his league rights revert right back to the team he is under contract with. This might work on July 1st though when the contract expires. That was my back-up plan if all else failed.

What I was trying to do was change a player's free agent type BEFORE the contract expires. Is there any way to do this?
In the case that's he's on a contract, you need to also change the "Current Team" and "Contracted To" information to "Free Agent". It's under the same screen below "contract". After doing that you can do the above and it will work. Don't forget to click the save button.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-30-2016 at 02:04 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:26 PM   #1291
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
In the case that's he's on a contract, you need to also change the "Current Team" and "Contracted To" information to "Free Agent". It's under the same screen below "contract". After doing that you can do the above and it will work. Don't forget to click the save button.
I'm sorry, but your suggestion is not working for me. With your suggestion, the player becomes an instant free agent. I am in early March of my season and I'm looking ahead to players that will become free agents on July 1st. I have many, many UFA's throughout my league that should probably be RFA's. There are a few listed as RFA's that should be UFA's. I am talking about a fictional league that was heavily edited.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to edit all impending free agents so that their free agent type is correct. I believe I can accomplish this on July 1st the moment the player is free, but was hoping I could do this before then.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #1292
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslmsca View Post
I'm confused by the Major Roles.

For instance, I changed Mark Giordano's role from Offensive to Two-Way and he got angry. But in real life, he's exactly that -- expected to contribute offensively while still being on the #1 shutdown pairing against the other team's best line.

I changed Michael Ferland's role from Two-Way to Power Forward, which should be a "step up" but he became unhappy. That should have given him a boost of confidence that management see's more potential in him.

I would argue that Two-Way is being underrated. Most players are expected to contribute in both ends of the rink or they wouldn't be in the NHL. I don't play with any team other than the Flames but I suspect that if I set Toews or Kopitar to "Two-Way", they'd become unhappy as well when they are the epitome of the best Two-Way players in the game.

Regardless, can players adapt to their new roles in FHM2 or is it static? Also, how long do they remain unhappy?

Thanks.
I've brought this up before in the past and would like to see this corrected by the developers at some point soon.

I play the Flames extensively as well, and it's quite bothersome to not be able to switch roles that certain players are best suited for like you listed in your post.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #1293
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Does anybody know exactly when foreign players become able to play in the NHL in historical mode? I'm currently in September 1990 and just drafted Sergei Fedorov and Pavel Bure but am unable to sign them or any of my other Czech/Russian picks. I understand the issues that Soviet players had in that era, but by 1990 the Iron Curtain had fallen and players were arriving in the NHL. Specifically, Fedorov was playing with Detroit in the 1990/91 season and Jagr was in Pittsburgh (he's also unsigned in my game).

So, I'm wondering just how badly I screwed my team up by trading my current star players for these draft picks that aren't signable!
CalgaryCannons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #1294
JJ Lehto
Minors (Single A)

I think you have to use comissioner mode. None of the earlier defectors will join NHL otherwise, as far as I know. Dunno if it changes in later seasons.
JJ Lehto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:11 PM   #1295
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Lehto View Post
I think you have to use comissioner mode. None of the earlier defectors will join NHL otherwise, as far as I know. Dunno if it changes in later seasons.
They will be signable in the summer of 1991. All of them. A year (or more) late in some cases, but that's how it currently works. Watch San Jose sign a roster full of Russians in their inaugural season.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:27 PM   #1296
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
They will be signable in the summer of 1991. All of them. A year (or more) late in some cases, but that's how it currently works. Watch San Jose sign a roster full of Russians in their inaugural season.
That is 2 years late, since the Soviet Union officially allowed player to go to the NHL after the 1988-89 season. That is when the KLM line, Fetisov, Kasatonov, etc. all joined the league. That is also when eligibility for the Calder Trophy were changed to only those younger than 26. Makarov won it when he was 31.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #1297
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Interesting. I may do the commissioner mode option for Fedorov, Jagr and any others that I can think of who actually played the 1990-91 season (Bondra, Hasek, Holik, Khristich, Nedved, Reichel) and let guys like Bure wait until the next season. Hasek will be the tough one since I don't think anybody owns his NHL rights in my game since I started in 1989-90.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #1298
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCannons View Post
Interesting. I may do the commissioner mode option for Fedorov, Jagr and any others that I can think of who actually played the 1990-91 season (Bondra, Hasek, Holik, Khristich, Nedved, Reichel) and let guys like Bure wait until the next season. Hasek will be the tough one since I don't think anybody owns his NHL rights in my game since I started in 1989-90.
But Hasek was drafted in 1983 by the Hawks. Did they lose his rights somehow? I don't know...

@jeffw3000: Oops, my bad. But that doesn't make it any better ;-)
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #1299
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Is it possible to edit the job role of staff? Marc Champagne is listed as a scout for the Islanders, but he is really a goaltending coach.

I'm in Commish mode, and can pull him up to edit his stats, but can't find how to make him an Asst. Coach instead of a scout.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #1300
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
But Hasek was drafted in 1983 by the Hawks. Did they lose his rights somehow? I don't know...
I'll need to check in my game. I see him on the free agents list so it's possible the game isn't handling him properly. I'll probably just give him to Chicago since they should own his rights. Konstantinov is the other top "free agent" so I'll check him as well and give his rights to Detroit if needed.