Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #821
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

I don't know how you managed to screw up something that worked before, but perhaps this is the reason why we can't trade our 2014 picks at the start of the game:

This is the 2014 draft class, not 2015!! Did every draft class get moved by one year or what?
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #822
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

And finally, here comes the biggest of all bugs:

LMAO!

But also look the points: Roy, Galchenyuk, Parenteau, Pacioretty (who's great in goals, not total points), even the aging Sedin... what are those guys doing there?? And Tim Gleason has 30 assists?
Sorry, but that's highly unrealistic...
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #823
A_Hud
Bat Boy

Using latest version on mac, started historical season 1994. Always crashes at the draft after the second season, not sure if this has been brought up already. Any fix?
A_Hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #824
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

I've been having problems in the latest version with players being moved to the injured reserve automatically. I do have control of my lineup set to my assistant (along with tactics and training) but I should be in control of player assignments. What I've found is that when a player has a minor injury that will keep him out a couple of days and I want to leave him on the active roster (though obviously not playing) they somehow get put on IR when I finish the day. So now I've got a top player sitting healthy but ineligible for two weeks until he's eligible to come off IR. Rather frustrating - even more so if the player that is automatically called up from the AHL to replace them requires waivers to get sent back down!

IMO if I have Roster Moves and Transactions set to my own control in Manager Options no players should ever get added or removed from my roster without my explicit action.

Aside from that I'm very happy with how much this game has improved since the last version I tried (1.3?).
CalgaryCannons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #825
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCannons View Post
I've been having problems in the latest version with players being moved to the injured reserve automatically. I do have control of my lineup set to my assistant (along with tactics and training) but I should be in control of player assignments. What I've found is that when a player has a minor injury that will keep him out a couple of days and I want to leave him on the active roster (though obviously not playing) they somehow get put on IR when I finish the day. So now I've got a top player sitting healthy but ineligible for two weeks until he's eligible to come off IR. Rather frustrating - even more so if the player that is automatically called up from the AHL to replace them requires waivers to get sent back down!

IMO if I have Roster Moves and Transactions set to my own control in Manager Options no players should ever get added or removed from my roster without my explicit action.

Aside from that I'm very happy with how much this game has improved since the last version I tried (1.3?).
I have a sort of similar problem with the assistant, when playing in Europe, who has U20 teams. Sometimes when someone older than 20 returns from the injury list, I have to demote a U20 player from the active roster to the U20.

When the U20 player is better than the older guy, the assistant keeps promoting him back up to the active roster, so that I get a message every day, saying I have too many players on the active roster.

After I've demoted him every day until the next game and played that one with the older guy, the assistant seems to understand and stops promoting the youngster.
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #826
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
I've found a way to raise your budget, by putting the "offered contracts" into minus. This is achieved by finding a player that doesn't want to negotiate. Then you press "meet demand", which will make the screen offer whatever is left of your budget, and a pop up says "You don't have enough room in your budget for this offer" or something like that. The contract then goes into "Open Offers" and is greyed out. But when you remove the offer with the money that was never taken from your budget, it puts that money into "offered contracts" which goes into minus, which allows you to go way over your budget. The minus amount basically replaces "0$" as standard offered contracts when you haven't offered anyone a contract. Right now, mine is set to -367 000 when I have no offers out.

This, unfortunately, also works the other way around. I had played several seasons 229 000$ short of a 1 000 000$ budget, due to the offered contracts thing, because it was always set to 229 000$, even though I hadn't offered anyone a contract. That, I don't know how it happened. :/

I hope I made myself somewhat clear.
Also, coming back to the game after waiting a few months, I was surprised to see this is still an issue.

I haven't tried getting the minus in offered contracts, but I still get the problem where it steal money from my budget in "offered contracts", that doesn't actually exists. Those money never comes back, since there's no player that can reject (or accept for that matter) the offer.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #827
djgraham7
Bat Boy

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have guys who's injuries have passed and should be healthy but instead their status is still OUT and they have the medical ross next to them.
djgraham7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #828
Ile
Minors (Double A)

My Czech team Rytiri Kladno (without the special characters), are trolling me pretty hard.

I started the game as unemployed (which I always do), and got a 3 year contract offer from Kladno. Now, that the contract ended is when the weird stuff started happening.

1. On the day my contract ended, my club had a press conference where they told the press (and me) that I apparently had signed a 1 year extension. I was never asked about this. I don't really mind though, but it would be cool if I was asked next time.

2. My assistant has started a power struggle with me since the forced contract extension. Maybe he's jelly that I got to keep my job. His job is to set lineup, set tactics and set training, but for some reason he has now started to offer contracts to Free Agents. I need to stop the simulation and withdraw the offers he spreads around him.

This is probably the wrong thread for suggestions, but can I just add one anyway:

3. As a European, we're used to NHL clubs "taking" players away from us. This obviously happens to my team too, but I would very much like a pop-up or something that says "Columbus signed Nättänen. Nättänen has departed from your club" or something. As it is now, I need to monitor my Free Agent budget, and stop the simulation as soon as I see an increase. I then proceed to look through my roster to see who is gone. It doesn't seem to be added to transaction history either as far as I can tell. MAYBE it is added to the news? But the news are so messy, theres no point looking there.

Help me keep my european club competetive by giving me a fair warning when NHL steals my talents.

Thanks for the game, I love it!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:45 AM   #829
twitchy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Free agents

I´m playing with Färjestad BK, Swedish hockey leauge.
Latest patch installed 1.6.8 PC

After a couple of seasons the game starts crashing every time I press on Team Menu - Possible Free Agents. So now I can´t offer any of my players a new contract..

In-game date: 29/6 2017
twitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #830
moore4807
All Star Starter

V1.6.8 - Has anyone noticed that the opposition goalies in the sim mode occasionally don't "play" a full game? Or if my goalie gets hurt in the game - no stats are assigned to the relieving goaltender?

I noticed that the Penguins goalie got hurt in a simmed game against my Flyers, yet there are no stats for the refief goalie and it lists 31 shots for the Flyers but only 17 saves for Pittsburgh stats... Likewise Steve Mason got hurt in another game and the sim knocked him for all 5 goals even though he shows 7 shots 5 saves in his stats and nothing for Emery who was the backup...

Is this already a known problem? Does a save game file need to be sent? This is my first game after downloading the update from April. and I read back around 10 pages here before posting...

Help is appreciated
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:36 AM   #831
Peter G
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game crashes historical mode 1974

I am playing a game in historical mode and it crashes on July 4 1974

It comes up with Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 has stopped working and the problem details are as follows.
Thanks Peter

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fhm2014.exe
Application Version: 1.6.8.0
Application Timestamp: 53407556
Fault Module Name: fhm2014.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.6.8.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 53407556
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000063b7
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: 01d7
Additional Information 4: 01d7340064827245f2249cd1f1a7c264

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 privacy statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Peter G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #832
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Are you past the 31 January transfer deadline? I just started as game as München and was able to buy players from Riessersee - right-click on the target player, select "transfer offer", they'll tell you the price they want for him, and you can make them an offer that they'll accept or reject within a couple of days. If they accept it, you can finalize the deal, which will then allow you to negotiate the player's new contract (he must accept for the transfer to occur.)
Quote:
At the beginning of a game it works. Year 2014, 2015, it no longer works. June not, July not, August not, September not etc.

Transfer offer option not available with DEL2 players. Elsewhere it exists (for example at DEL, SM League players, etc.).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I think I see the problem, the transfer restriction after the deadline isn't being lifted properly at the start of the new season for non-playable leagues with deadlines before January. The playable leagues are OK, and the ones with November or December deadlines (e.g. Denmark) work as well, but the rest don't get reset. Should be easy enough to fix for the patch.
Quote:
Version 1.6.8

Still not working in the DEL2 and in all other non-playable leagues. (except Denmark, as it works).
Version 1.6.17

Unfortunately, it still does not work.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3704078
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #833
pens66
Major Leagues

Just started my first savegame with the new 1.6.17 patch. No edits except goals per game.

All I can say is: Congratulations Detroit Red Wings!
I don't know why they did this (see screenshot). They didn't sign any big free agent. They were under the cap. They simply thought they should mix things up, I guess.
What adds to the fun: The Wings were actually able to sneak Franzen, Abdelkader, Cleary and Bertuzzi to their minor league affiliate without the other 29 GMs noticing (including me).

Back to the press box for me.
Attached Images

Last edited by pens66; 05-29-2014 at 01:26 PM.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:07 PM   #834
sureshot
Bat Boy

it's been over two weeks since i submitted a support ticket and still haven't received any reply
sureshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #835
landru22
Major Leagues

Player(s) of Game When Goalie Gets Shutout

You guys may want to look into the player of the game settings. I've noticed with the latest patch (1.6.19) that goalies are now represented in the POTG. That's great, but it seems when they get a shutout, the rest of the stars of the game are totally un-worthy. Granted, I have had a very small sample size so far (just a couple of days worth of games) but I think you should look at this. Some of these un-worthy POTG get little ice time and have no goals, assists, hits, or anything else that would make them worthy of the second or third star.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #836
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

I'll just slap here the same stuff I did on the Finnish forum, since I've no idea if anyone there is active.

Using the Red Wings in the NHL.

- When looking at the game preview when entering a match, players seem to get one extra game played to their total. (First game of the season presents the highlighted players at 1 gp etc.)

- The same screen shows games started for the starting goalie of that game and it has the same error. It also seems to count all the games where the goalies have been on the bench, but have not played. (Put my backup in for the third game and it showed 3 gs).

- Shootout still bugged for an odd number of shooters, both in the play-by-play and the game summary sheet.

- If the team is at it's 50 contract cap, you can't dump contracts for picks or anything. You'll just receive an error of you being over the contract cap. (A bug or a rule?)

- After getting my team to 49/50, I could not sign a free agent. What I could do at this point though, was trading away a player for a pick. At 48/50 I was able to sign the FA.

- Play-by-play message #879 still has it's id tag on it.

Last edited by Teloch; 06-01-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #837
Nuk
Minors (Triple A)

Mac version - 1.6.19 - Fonts for game work on the first run - but after that they seem to go to a default "Arial" type font Very noticeable on the scoreboard (no "skinny digital")

Nuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:01 AM   #838
shane745897
Bat Boy

hi,
yes i understand your problem buddy but sorry to say i don't have any idea about this stuff but yes one of my friend surely can crack this problem so i will let you know asap
Old 06-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #839
nwayto
Bat Boy

After the FHM 2013-2014 season ends and the new season generates, the upcoming schedule changes to 1900, while the game clock stays on 2014. It does not allow me to continue playing, it does not crash t just doesn't play any games. This has happened in both franchises I have attempted.
- I am using Windows 8.1
- Version 1.6 build 19
- I used commissioner mode to edit some staff and prospects than turned commissioner mode off
- I do not play in admin mode
- I did not have this issue in the previous update
- I was getting lots of #Error: category not found emails as the season progressed.

Please advise me on how to fix this going forward. Also s there any way I can salvage this franchise.
Attached Images

Last edited by nwayto; 06-05-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Adding screenshot
nwayto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #840
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Player Bug

Discovered this player while trolling through the European leagues today (see attachment):

Oddly, he's the best player on the team. Does he have the talent of two men, as his name might well suggest?

Technical details: Latest version of the game (1.6.19), no editing.
Attached Images
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote