Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #161
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
So, you want rain-outs?

OOTP 16 will have them, and the game will start showing "Cheers" reruns during the rain delay.
For a rainout during historical replays, OOTP16 should show the movie "A WALK IN THE SUN" because that was the movie WOR always showed when the Mets were rained out in their early days.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #162
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yup. We have to make sure the new features each year is a good balance for both casual and hardcore users. Though, the non-hardcore folks are the ones who pay our bills, they far outnumber the hardcore fans (who happen to be the ones active on the forums )
Point taken.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 01-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #163
dmytron

From the neighboring thread:

Quote:
An Android version is in the works and should be released this year, but no guarantees at this point.
Quote:
Any further word on this?
Quote:
Yes. Watch the newsletter coming out very soon. (Hopefully within a week.) You should be very happy.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #164
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Would love to see options that allow us to operate baseball leagues that are structured more like international football leagues, and include as many of the following as possible:
  • Promotion and relegation (and reflect real world strategies, e.g., teams with poor records do not go into rebuild mode, but try to win to avoid relegation)
  • In-season Cup tournaments with separate base of records, in-season international champions leagues, and transferable injury and suspension status between regular season and in-season tournaments
  • Transfer windows
  • Player loans
  • Reserve team leagues in place of American-style minor leagues
  • Developmental academies, including U[age] teams
This makes sense if you are doing any big-time leagues in Europe, which would almost certainly operate more like football leagues than American-style baseball leagues.
I would love the regulation system and the ability to loan players. I also think the trading period should have more dynamic options.

But couldn't you just create a minor league and name it the reserve team?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
Old 01-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #165
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I would love the regulation system and the ability to loan players. I also think the trading period should have more dynamic options.

But couldn't you just create a minor league and name it the reserve team?
You could try that, but if you create affiliated minor league teams, wouldn't all the transaction rules of the 21st century major leagues apply, such as the purchase of contracts, option years, and the like? I believe in association football players move freely between first teams and reserve squads because they are all under contract. I would want to replicate that freedom of movement, while still maintaining an active league for the reserves to play in.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:27 PM   #166
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You could try that, but if you create affiliated minor league teams, wouldn't all the transaction rules of the 21st century major leagues apply, such as the purchase of contracts, option years, and the like? I believe in association football players move freely between first teams and reserve squads because they are all under contract. I would want to replicate that freedom of movement, while still maintaining an active league for the reserves to play in.
yes of course. you can turn off ml options and minor league free agency. There will be absolutely no limit to the movements

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
Old 01-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #167
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I think the GM of a team should be paid. Literally. When I am the GM of a team in OOTP I think Markus & Co. should send me a paycheck based on how my team performs. Now THAT would be a feature!

That would make you think twice before you trade away one of your veterans for that hot new AAA prospect wouldn't it?
Old 01-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #168
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Human GM should get paid like any other but he should be enticed by having other teams offer him contracts. So human GM can leave his team for another team that team because he's getting "payed "more money and just like that control another team

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 01-19-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #169
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
I think the GM of a team should be paid. Literally. When I am the GM of a team in OOTP I think Markus & Co. should send me a paycheck based on how my team performs. Now THAT would be a feature!

That would make you think twice before you trade away one of your veterans for that hot new AAA prospect wouldn't it?
That's one of the many small new features we added...
Old 01-19-2015, 05:30 PM   #170
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

I really don't understand why so many people clamor over promotion / relegation abilities. Until there is a baseball league in the world that actually works like that, I'll be glad that OOTP Developments continues to work on the things that are actually relevant.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:30 PM   #171
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

ability to set reserve rosters in league without minors to 0 and not having to abide by the 15 man minimum.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #172
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yup. We have to make sure the new features each year is a good balance for both casual and hardcore users. Though, the non-hardcore folks are the ones who pay our bills, they far outnumber the hardcore fans (who happen to be the ones active on the forums )

Yep, but they (hardcore fans) are the ones that are pointing out the flaws in the game and made this game what it is today.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #173
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneCarson View Post
I really don't understand why so many people clamor over promotion / relegation abilities. Until there is a baseball league in the world that actually works like that, I'll be glad that OOTP Developments continues to work on the things that are actually relevant.
I have long believed this also. It would likely require a lot of programming time, and could even potentially open up some problems I would guess....all for something which does not even exist in modern baseball, anywhere in the world.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #174
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You don't understand it because you don't engage in it yourself. Many of us who do would like to see it. Just because some people don't use it or understand it doesn't mean it should never be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I have long believed this also. It would likely require a lot of programming time, and could even potentially open up some problems I would guess....all for something which does not even exist in modern baseball, anywhere in the world.
Only the OOTP people can tell us whether promotion and relegation is permanently off the table for any of the reasons you state. Until they do, we'll continue to ask for it. I hope you don't mind.

Last edited by chucksabr; 01-19-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #175
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
That's one of the many small new features we added...

Woo Hoo! Do you need my address or will you do direct deposit?
Old 01-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #176
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Plus you can just do it manually right now. It only takes like ten minutes a season to do it.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #177
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You don't understand it because you don't engage in it yourself. Many of us who do would like to see it. Just because some people don't use it or understand it doesn't mean it should never be available.
We do understand it. But asking for a major game rewrite for something that can be done manually with about ten minutes of effort per season is pretty selfish, and Marcus has already told us that implementing p/r would require a complete rewrite of the financial system. Some of us would like a stats-only mode, but we realize that it's not going to happen because there's not enough demand - just like with p/r - and we can do workarounds, just like you can with p/r. It really does only take about ten minutes a season; I've done it myself

Quote:
Only the OOTP people can tell us whether promotion and relegation is permanently off the table for any of the reasons you state. Until they do, we'll continue to ask for it. I hope you don't mind.
I can't speak for him, but I got tired of it about five versions ago.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #178
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
We do understand it. But asking for a major game rewrite for something that can be done manually with about ten minutes of effort per season is pretty selfish, and Marcus has already told us that implementing p/r would require a complete rewrite of the financial system. Some of us would like a stats-only mode, but we realize that it's not going to happen because there's not enough demand - just like with p/r - and we can do workarounds, just like you can with p/r. It really does only take about ten minutes a season; I've done it myself

I can't speak for him, but I got tired of it about five versions ago.
That's why many people want a kind of half-measure where you can tell the game to make last and second to last (or whatever your league requires) places to avoid and the top 3-4 or so equivalent to making playoffs/winning the league so teams close to those slots can adjust accordingly. I understand if we don't get the full Football Manager treatment where players have relegation release clauses and extras like that but an adjustment that allows the AI to recognize what spots to avoid/aim for would improve playing P/R greatly.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #179
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward1 View Post
That's why many people want a kind of half-measure where you can tell the game to make last and second to last (or whatever your league requires) places to avoid and the top 3-4 or so equivalent to making playoffs/winning the league so teams close to those slots can adjust accordingly. I understand if we don't get the full Football Manager treatment where players have relegation release clauses and extras like that but an adjustment that allows the AI to recognize what spots to avoid/aim for would improve playing P/R greatly.
Would it be that easy though? How do AI teams avoid relegation? Do they trade their top prospect? If they do how will users react? Just trying to think of some of the consequences. I'm sure there are many more. Food for thought.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:01 PM   #180
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Would it be that easy though? How do AI teams avoid relegation? Do they trade their top prospect? If they do how will users react? Just trying to think of some of the consequences. I'm sure there are many more. Food for thought.

Obviously, the promotion/relegation AI would only affect leagues with promotion/relegation turned on... It's not like teams will be desperate to not finish last in your MLB game.

Also, the financial system does need a complete rewrite. Whether it is worth all of the time that could be put to other matters (such as not storing innings pitched as a float of .333, instead of 1/3, which causes the 27.03 error), remains to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Closed Thread